The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Empty Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:44 am

Age 750
Diablo Desert

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Latest?cb=20170827051212

A vast desert, full of large rock formations and just as large mushrooms, dotted with cacti and has more sand than any other point on the planet. Under the blazing hot sun, the sand gets hotter than a skillet.  Most tend to avoid the desert, for if their vehicle should break down or if they should get lost, death would surely come in one form or another. Sandstorms could whip up at a moment’s notice. Trying to walk through would be like stepping into the world’s largest oven. The local fauna are anything but friendly to intruders. Indeed, most would not dare trek intentionally into Diablo Desert…

Unless, of course, you’re looking for a short cut to a port city at the south end of the desert. The day of the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai is fast approaching, and martial artists all over the world are converging on the Papaiya Shima to test their skills in the ultimate challenge.

This is the story of not one, but two of those martial artists.
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Empty Re: Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:23 am

Papaiya Shima

Home to many and known well for its beautiful scenery. However, nothing about this island was more common knowledge that the event it hosted every few years. Much like every year, people were landing in the Durian Airport several days in advance.

Trying to either get a glimpse of the fighters competing or save themselves a spot. One particularly swift couple was just trying their best to not be spotted. Zooming past the people of the crowded airport with inhuman agility.

Once the pair had made their exit they headed straight for the city. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop until finally arriving at what seemed to be the tallest structure the area had to offer. Standing on its roof they surveyed their surroundings in search of something or rather someone.

“Honey, don't you think you gave him a somewhat unrealistic ultimatum?” Asked the rather tall gentlemen standing casually next to his well-knit wife.

She gave no response beyond an annoyed expression growing more irritated the longer her search turned up nothing. Disappointed in her closed off attitude the raven-haired fellow sighed. Since words weren't working he decided to try things her way. "Shaya, you can't keep TRYING TO CAGE HIM!"

"OUCH! Let go of my damn tail! YOU KNOW I HATE THAT!"

"Then stop pouting when it was YOUR idea to have him jog through that hellscape! And another thing---GAH!"

Before he got to finish lecturing her his chin was quickly met with a swift uppercut. To which he responded heavy hook to her own. For several minutes it was just an exchange of blows and rather vulgar words, mostly coming out of Shaya's mouth. After blowing off some steam the two finally put an end to their little spat to an end. "I finally get this mom thing down and then you start telling me to let go? What the hell Markus?!"

"Not let go! Just . . . try to consider the fact he's a little TOO much like us."

For a moment there was only silence. Just the two of them panting a little from the short scuffle until Shaya sat down. Her entire visage giving off an air of uncertainty and concern.

"Don't worry, I'm sure our boy will be here soon. As you said, a trek like that is nothing but a necessary warm-up for our boy. Come on, let's find a place to eat." Though she reluctantly agreed the Amazon couldn't stop her tail from articulating her inner excitement.

--- --- --- --- ---
Meanwhile, in a desert littered with dead bodies, dangerous animals, and abandoned vehicles a lone boy, no older than 14 years old, was taking a break from what he liked to call the ultimate road challenge. Wearing nothing but casual work out gear he planned to cross this unforgiving land with nothing but a few supplies, a change of clothes, and a few comics for entertainment. Which he was now reading while sitting next to a fire he made to help cook the rattlesnakes he caught. It was none other than the Pugilistic Prodigy, commonly known as Arashi! One of the countless warriors who'd be fighting for the title of strongest! "Hhhmm, I wonder if I could build up some kind of immunity after snacking on a few poison glands. MAN that would be so cool!"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Empty Re: Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf

Post by TheToonKing Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:00 am

But as Arashi's travels continued, he didn't find any other snakes. He didn't find anything as he walked through miles of sand for hours...

Before things could get to dull he returned to a comic to distract him from the dull pace, but his sweaty fingers started to mark up the pages. A rather easy going reader, he continued on before the pages started to smoke from the afternoon sun. He put it out in a panic, before revealing a small round object from his pocket...

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Latest?cb=20110212133306

---
Hoi-Poi Capsules
Created some time ago by Professor Satin, founder of Capsule Corporation, capsules are small objects which are made to contain countless items, from vehicles to homes, to food or clothes. Capsules are made to contain certain things, and can usually not be used for otherwise...
---
Arashi pressed the top of the capsule with utter familiarity, tossing it to the ground where a burst of smoke erupted. Arashi waved it away with impatience, revealing a rectangular metal container. He slid open the top, revealing numerous other comic issues inside, before tossing it in.

With a press of the button on its side, and another puff of smoke, the box returned to capsule form and to it's pocket.

The boy took off running, tossing jabs at an imaginary opponent to pass the time...
--- --- --- --- ---
Grooowwwwlll...

Come the end of the day, he'd come to somewhat regret using his energy so sparingly, he was starving for food...

He eyed the two Ration Capsules he had left, low price capsules that could hold enough food to get Arashi by for a full day. With nothing but desert in sight, and hunger already setting in, he wondered if this would be enough...

As if responding to the doubts, and elevating them, Arashi could see something ahead leaning against one of the huge inedible mushrooms which sprang up and provided some shade in the desert. A body...

His young eyes were good however...and he didn't need to get any closer to tell it was long dead. When he arrived at its side, he found a skeleton. A poor soul who hadn't made it through their journey.

On inspection, an animal had seemingly rummaged through looking for food. A small case, clearly one made to contain capsules, had been broken into but tossed aside without interest. As Arashi lifted it, three capsules rolled out...

Arashi found three days' rations...

Though if this traveler had died with these rations still on him, what was his cause of death...the skeleton left little obvious clues for the teen.
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 pm

"GGGGOOOODDD!!! How did mom and dad do this for so long? I wanna eat but I'm running low as is." As he made his way through the desert hunger was starting to get the better of him with each passing minute. Fortunately, the boy's luck still hadn't run dry . . .yet. That luck came in a rather disturbing form. "HOLY SHIT!!!” He yelped out in total shock. The unpleasant sight caused him to take several steps back from the corpse.

No matter how many graphic books he read dead bodies were never something he had a tolerance for. Someone's lifeless body just laying on the ground for all to see. A sickening thought that often made Arashi feel ill. “OK! OK! Ok! It’s no big deal! Just a skeleton. That means no blood. I hope."

Tiptoeing on over to the deceased pile of bones Arashi kept his fists raised. An irrational fear of the skeleton rising up to bite at his flesh motivated him to remain on guard. Until after a few pokes with an extended foot made it obvious that no such supernatural shenanigans would transpire day. Wasn't long before Arashi searched the body for something useful and as luck would have it he did. Several small ration capsules ripe for the taking. “Well not like he needs these anymore. Weird though, if he or she had the food how’d they bite the dust?”

It was a very valid query, one that raised great suspicion within the boy. If Sherlock Holmes had taught this fighter anything it would d to never overlook such a thing. “I . . . better get going but first!” Arashi walked over a good 15 feet away from the skeleton. Just after tossing his bag to the side he got on his knees. Starting to dig vigorously through the sand much like a cartoon dog in search of its favorite bone.

In under a minute he had Doug a rather deep hole. He hopped right out of it and ran on over to the skeleton. Picking it up and carrying it to the hole. “GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!” Once he placed and buried the unfortunate individual in the hole Arashi bowed his head as he clasped both hands. “Rest in peace dude. Oh and uh thanks for the food!” Like that he had said his piece, now he popped one of the ration capsules open. Eager to fill his aching stomach Arashi ate up. Taking the time to savor the food before continuing his long trek.
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 am

Meanwhile, somewhere nearby…

This desert was home to some of the most inhospitable conditions on the planet, The temperature, the Wildlife….everything about this place seemed to scream “Do not Enter”.

And yet, some things survived here, A young teen thought as he darted through the Wasteland. He was sprinting along it at superhuman speeds. Leaping Over crevices as he did so, his body a black blur.

Though it wasn’t his speed that was remarkable, there was...a sense of Precision in his every movement. As if he ran a thousand calculations in his head with every jump. With every action he knew exactly what he needed to do to keep his momentum going.

Right now though, the only calculation he was actually running in his head, was his heading...he felt as if his direction was off, somehow. So he elected to slow down. He started sliding to a halt, Digging his hand into the ground to better halt his momentum.  

After that, he took a moment to assess his situation. Now that he’d slowed down, he could feel the heat bearing down on him once again. And it felt quite stuffy inside the business suit he’s been wearing since he started this trek in the morning.

The suit itself was rather nice looking despite the trip. And sported a golden trim. On his hands he wore fingerless gloves.  His hair featured several large spikes swept backwards. Leaving only a few bangs to hang in his face. The most distinct feature of which was his heterochromia. His right eye was green, the other..and odd Violet.

Overall, he gave off the sense that he took quite a bit of care in his appearance.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Dd0waab-5b5a9570-0c3d-4808-b33a-c66f348323b7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzFjNTBlZDVmLWQxM2MtNDY1Zi05Mzg3LTI4YTFlNTRhMzEyN1wvZGQwd2FhYi01YjVhOTU3MC0wYzNkLTQ4MDgtYjMzYS1jNjZmMzQ4MzIzYjcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

Independent Martial Artist: Johnathan.

It had been a moment, and he couldn’t quite get his bearings just yet. The sun was still high in the sky and he couldn’t quite place where exactly “south”  would be at the moment.

“Maybe it’s time to rest…” he thought to himself. As he sat on the desert floor. And laid back. Shutting his eyes. He couldn’t help but find his thoughts drifting towards the tournament. And the potential opponents he could face there. If he could pull off a victory...well. It would be good marketing of course but above all else..

He could truly push the limits of his power forward..
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:24 am

Johnathan’s rest was soon interrupted by a loud noise, coming from the distance. His hair began to whip about as a wind seized him. He looked up, and saw a wall of sand advancing rapidly towards his location!?

Fwoooosh…..!
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Israel-timnapark-picture-id695548638?k=6&m=695548638&s=612x612&w=0&h=n9omimbXHd2zbkpyf-J8OZmvmBvYDSkDhvRBViEUo1Q=

Johnathan obscured his lower face with his arm momentarily as he took in the sights, squinting as the sandstorm came bearing down on him. The martial artist stood up from repose, unable to see more than a few yards in front of him from the thickness of the sand which blocked out even a good deal of the light of the sun above.

A sandstorm has erupted in Johnathan’s present location!?
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 am

Keeping his face covered so as not to breath in the sand, Johnathan quickly started walking forwards. He didn't quite break into a sprint, no way to see where he was going. But he was walking rather quickly still.

“Of course, out of everything it had to be a sandstorm.” Johnathan thought.  Of course for him it wouldn’t be too much trouble. But it was still annoying, and would probably slow him down till he could get out the other side.

And so he kept walking. For what felt like several hours.  He was never quite able to see too far infront of himself. And by now the sand was getting into his suit…

“Ill be stronger for the experience...just have to keep going.” he told himself.

Not much longer after that. He emerged from the other end of the Sandstorm. And quickly broke into a sprint to make some extra distance. Once he felt he was clear, he took in his surroundings.

Night was now rapidly approaching. And he still could only see desert ahead of himself. But still….he could no longer see any of the landmarks he could before. And thus felt like he’d covered quite some distance.

There was something else too...perhaps he’d corrected his heading from before whilst in the storm? He felt like he’d made more progress than expected.

With that, he elected to stop for awhile. Walking up to a nearby boulder and taking a seat next to it. He decided to make camp here.

That, and it was probably time to get a change of clothes..

----------
He reached into his pocket. Pulling out a capsule marked with the number 1. He pressed the cap on the top, and threw it.

POOF!!!

When the smoke cleared. Standing on the sand was an elaborate hanger system. Containing numerous Suits identical to the now sand-covered one Johnathan had worn previously.

With that, he took the suit off, and hung it up. Making sure to retrieve a second capsule from it’s pocket as he did so. And quickly swapped out for another. Before pressing a button on the hanger, causing another puff of smoke as it retracted back into a Capsule, which he pocketed.

With that. It was time to begin setting up camp.
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:49 am

Night fell, taking the incandescent heat with the sun. Clouds filled in overhead, but the night sky was still mostly visible. Clouds blocked a good deal of the moonlight from touching the desert floor, however. The cool started moving in, but both martial artists were ready for this in their own ways. Soon, the two settled in for the night, and before long the night rolled into day once more…

Night 1 passes for both fighters without interruption...
---------------
Day 2

The sun rose the next day as always, and with it, the heat returned, Diablo Desert returning to its hellish conditions. And with that, the two martial artists resumed their trip towards their destination. However, the heat and the sand weren't the only things to worry about out there…
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:25 am

As the sun rose up once again Arashi laid unconscious. While using his backpack as a pillow a goofy looking smile spread across the young boxer's face. Every few seconds he'd let out a small chuckle. Still asleep Arashi continued to enjoy a relatively abnormal dream.

It wasn't much, just Arashi with a controller in hand. Vigorously playing his favorite fighting game against an incredibly large red-eyed ape of sorts. The gaint holding a cartoonishly large controller of its own.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! I got ya this time you overgrown fur ball! I knew you'd show up here again sooner or later!
That's why I've been practicing extra hard IRL to finally OWN you!" In spite of the somewhat childish attempt at trash-talk the beast remained silent. Its tail calmly wagging back and forth as it input the necessary commands.

It's composed nature greatly contrasted by how aggressively it fought in game. "Oh come on! I know I blocked that!" Struggle as he might Arashi eventually succumbed to the ape's rush down style of combat. Losing the match 3 - 0.

"Damn it! How the heck do you keep kicking my butt in my own head?!" There was no answer, the only show of acknowledgement being a sideways glance from the ape. That is until a bright flash engulfed it and Arashi. Before he could get his answer the sun's rays woke him up.

Upon regaining consciousness a previously jelly expression was replaced with that of petty frustration. "Shit! Now I gotta wait for a rematch! Oh whatever, I need to get going anyway. Mom'll kill me if I miss the prelims!" He took a moment to stretch his arms and legs. Trying to shake off the effects of an uncomfortable night sleep. Grabbing his backpack Arashi's second day commenced. "Oh man! I forgot to say good game!"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:58 am

That morning, Johnathan eyed his seemingly identical suits with thought, which one for todays travels...

In truth he was caught in the sight of a certain someones monoculars...

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Puar10
[Desert Bandit - Puar]

The small cat-boy was perched atop one of the large mushrooms quite a ways off, and jumped off in excitement. A small bat sprang up into the air where Puar had disappeared to...

--- --- ---
The cat-boy arrived at someones side, one with their own scope...

"Yamcha-sama! We've got company!!"

"How many?" a voice called back, Puar facing long black hair down to the man's shoulder blades.

"Just one man, and he's got a bunch of fancy suits!!"

"A man...good. But what's some business-type doing around here? Lost?" 'Yamcha-sama' replied. One eye looked back in curiosity, spinning his scope in hand.

Puar seemed to rub his hands together with intent.

"I think he's right where we want him!!"

--- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- ---

For all his previously shown calculation, picking the days suit had taken the traveler some time...

He started to remove the suit he designated for sleeping, having not wanted it dirtied in any running...

He'd switched over his entire upper portion of clothing, before freezing with his fresh pants in hand...

Johnathan makes a Perception check (15)!

"...Looks like I've caught you with your pants down." the figure who had attempted and failed to stealth spoke, as Johnathan's head turned back towards him.
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Yamcha10
[Desert Bandit - Yamcha]

The man was tall, with untamed hair. His outfit bore the kanji 楽, raku, standing for "comfort" or "easy". One hand casually held a curved sheath, twin tassels hanging off the broadswords handle. He was smiling at the pantsless man, as he continued;

"The name is Yamcha. I'm a scavenger of these parts..."

Johnathan smirked back somewhat, "Scavenger?"

Yamcha nodded, as he slowly grasped his swords hilt.

"That's right...so if you want to leave this desert in one piece, hand over all of your money and capsules ..."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:10 am

"heheheh" Johnathan responded to Yamcha's "Request" with a light chuckle.

“...?” Yamcha arches a brow. He wasn’t expecting this reaction…

At tat Jonathan quickly hopes into his pants. And rapidly fixes his belt. Getting both on without any trouble.

"Scavenger, huh?"
"wouldn't "Petty Thief" be the better label?" he said. Watching Yamcha’s face form into a scowl.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!"  

Yamcha and Johnathan quickly look over to where the outburst came from. Yamcha bringing a palm to his forehead. Both of them see Puar, standing atop a rock he was probably supposed to be hiding behind.

“Puar, don't blow your cover over nothing..." Yamcha says, running a finger through his hair.

Johnathan arches a brow at the little cat before turning back to the thief before him.

"Yamcha-sama is no 'petty thief' !!" Puar yelled, stumbling,"He's a ...a...a super thief!!!"  He says, before his eyes widen at the realization that he blew his cover. He then nods to Yamcha.

“'Super' or not, i'm more than familiar with your type, you wield your power as a means to take whatever you want. It's not the worst way to wield ones strength...but regardless, you'll get nothing from me.”

"Use my power to take whatever I want..." Yamcha says, suddenly glaring at Johnathan like he’s spouting some naive drivel. "Isn't that a given?"

"In the real world, that's what we call survival." Yamcha then glares at Johnathan’s suit. Looking him up and down. "I bet your rich pops never taught you a thing about the real world ...what would you know about survival?" Johnathan’s eyes seem to darken at the “Rich Pops” comment…

"But it's not my place to judge others..."  Yamcha says, his eyes opening as his grin returns.
"Only to steal all their valuables."

"So unless you want to do the smart thing, and throw down everything you've got of any worth..." Yamcha’s hand returns to the grip of his sword, pulling it out of its sheath a little in an attempt at intimidation.

"Why don't I show you exactly how I wield my strength...?"

Johnathan manages a smirk, though his eyes remain darkened.

"Alright then..."
Johnathan spreads out his legs, taking a fighting stance, with one arm out in front of him, the other raised near his head,

“Show me”
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:55 am

Elsewhere…

Up and at ‘em in the morning now, his resolve to get to the tournament on time renewed, Arashi began stepping forward, once again busting out a comic book as he moved towards his destination, moving through the arid desert, trying to find his destination. His steps were brisk, but his attention was solely in the pages of the comic book. Something which, in the desert, could be fatal…

Arashi’s foot abruptly came down on something decidedly not sandy, and he staggered from the sudden texture change. Quickly moving to put his comic away, Arashi turned, seeing what he’d stepped on.

Two fairly long snakes greeted him, one clearly the one he stepped on, as it glared at him with intent to get even for that. The other hissed as if it agreed with the first one.

“More of you guys?” asked Arashi, finishing stowing away the comics with a ‘pop’ from a capsule.

One of the snakes lunged, Arashi stepping to one side, the other lunging past him to join its friend, both hissing with lethal intent.

“I wonder if you’re poisonous!?” Arashi questioned, pointing at the snakes, already visualizing lunch in front of him.

The snakes, meanwhile, sweatdropped. They hadn’t expected that… but it didn’t matter. With that in mind, the two sides prepared for battle…
-----------
Engage Battle!

Initiative Order
-------------------
Toxic Snake A (19)
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi (8)

Arashi (Lv. 2 / 72 HP / 86 KP / 4 AP)
Toxic Snake A (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Toxic Snake B (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Round one start!
Toxic Snake A’s turn!

The first snake, hissing, lunged at Arashi, aiming directly for the boy’s throat, aiming to inflict some of the pain that Arashi had unintentionally dealt back to him. However, Arashi moved out of the way at the last possible second, throwing out a quick jab that struck the snake right where it hurt! If it wasn’t in pain before, it was now. The snake thumped against the sand, eyes dazed.

Toxic Snake A lunges at Arashi with a basic physical attack, but Arashi counters with a strike, dealing 15 damage! (Toxic Snake A HP ?? -> ??) Crippling Strike! Toxic Snake A is unable to dash and loses 6 initiative (19 -> 13)!

Toxic Snake B’s turn!

The second snake, seeing how well that went, lunged at Arashi as well. Arashi moved, but the tail of the beast swatted him in the ribs pretty hurt. Arashi took a small step back, more annoyed than anything else at the strike…

Toxic Snake B lunges at Arashi with its own basic physical attack, Arashi takes 6 damage! (Arashi HP 72 -> 66)

Arashi’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 am

Round 1, start!!
-----------
Initiative Order
--------------------------------------
Yamcha (17)
Johnathan (4)

Stat Block (HP / KP / [MP / ...] / AP)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Johnathan (Lv. 2 / 78 HP / 76 KP / 4 AP)
Yamcha (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? KP / ? AP)
Yamcha's turn!

Yamcha studied Johnathan's face for a moment, seeing his head turned to the left and eyeing the partially unsheathed sword at his waist.

The bandits feet left the ground as he launched at Johnathan, making it seem obvious he was about to swing his sword forth from its sheath, only for one leg to whip out and kick at the traveler from his right.

The kick knocked into the suited individuals head hard, as he was launched back across the sand somewhat. Yamcha noticed however, that the rack of suits moved with him. He saw Johnathan's hand grasping it.

"That was amazing! Yamcha-sama's the best!!" Puar cheered from his viewing rock. Yamcha didn't seem so sure.

Yamcha attacks Johnathan with a Basic Physical, inflicting 11 damage! (HP 78 -> 67)

A mark was now present on Johnathan's cheek, which he seemed to pay little mind, as he reverted his suit rack to a capsule and returned it to his pocket.

"...You practically got hit on purpose, once you saw how wide my kick was..."

He'd been...protecting the suits?

"Observant..." Johnathan remarked, "I like that. You remind me of a few of my students."

Yamcha's eyes went wide, and he scratched at his cheek... "Students? You can't be much older then me...with students? Just how old are you anyway?"

Johnathan rubbed his marked cheek for just a moment, before returning to his martial pose with a smirk.

"Sixteen."

Yamcha's eyes popped out somewhat, not believing it...

"YOUNGER THEN ME!? Then what's with the get ups!?"
[Age 17]

Puar didn't seem interested in any talk. "Get em' Yamcha! Show no mercy!!"
[Age 10]

Yamcha shook his reaction off. "Regardless..." He charged forward, legs blurring as his hair jumped. "It's not every day I get to scavenge from travelers with such great..."

Yamcha arrived right in front of the younger teen, pulling back his fist and tossing it. "Tastes!!" His movements were far to obvious however, Johnathan's eagle like eyes watching every bit of its movement as he weaved out of its path.

Yamcha burns an AP to attack again, but misses!!

Now Yamcha was right up in close range with Johnathan, and he realized the aura he gave off...

"You're strong..." Yamcha commented, weary. "A real martial artist way out here?"

Both eyed the other, mere inches away...

"What's the occasion?"

Turn End!

Johnathan's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:40 pm

"Alright! I needed a good stretch anyway!" Arashi started to wind up his arm and preparation for some. When suddenly a mysterious energy started to envelope his fist. It looked as if a great amount of power was being stored within it. He was only a second away from releasing it when the energy anticlimactically disappeared. He tried a second time only to get the same result. " . . . . .uh give me a second. This doesn't usually happen."

Initiative Order
-------------------
Toxic Snake A (19)
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi (Cool

Arashi (Lv. 2 / 72 HP / 70 KP / 3 AP)
Toxic Snake A (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

Arashi attempts 2 charged punches! Fails both manipulation rolls! Loses 1 AP! (Arashi HP 86 -> 70)

Team Snake's turn!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Initiative Order
----------------
Toxic Snake A (13)
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi (8)

Arashi (Lv. 2 / 66 HP / 54 KP / 3 AP)
Toxic Snake A (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP) [Crippled-Body]

Round two start!
Toxic Snake A’s turn!

Its hissing more resembling coughing than anything else, Toxic Snake A recomposed itself, going in for another attack. It lunged for Arashi again, its tail thwacking against Arashi’s side on the opposite side of the first hit, inflicting even less damage than the first hit, serving again as only a minor annoyance…

Toxic Snake A executes a basic physical attack, inflicting 4 damage! (Arashi HP 66 -> 62)

Toxic Snake B’s turn!

Toxic Snake B, on the other hand, tried for a different approach. It lurched directly for Arashi. Arashi eyed the snake’s maneuver and clued in to what was about to happen. Quickly, Arashi ducked low and slipped away as the snake coiled around nothing, failing to constrict the boy by inches.

Toxic Snake B attempts to Constrict Arashi, but misses! Toxic Snake B used 10 EP on this maneuver!

Arashi’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Jonathan seemed puzzled by Yamcha’s question for a moment. Before speaking,

“Of course you wouldn’t know way out here...the Tenkaichi Budokai is about to begin.”

“The what? Never heard of it.” Yamcha replies. Seemingly disinterested, digging a finger into his ear.

However, he starts to lean back as he realizes Johnathan’s already begun closing the gap, going low and keeping his arms near him, Johnathan shoots a straight jab for Yamcha’s head. Reacting quickly, Yamcha jumps out of the way. However, in a single blur of motion Johnathan’s body whips back around as Yamcha dodges. With a second blow flying towards Yamcha’s side.

Yamcha quickly manages to unclip his sword from his belt. Moving the sheathed blade in place of the blow. Which hammers against it, the force of which sends skidding back across the sands.

Johnathan attempts a basic Physical Attack on Yamcha, a miss, he then burn an AP and attempts another, and manages to hit!! However, Yamcha makes his endurance roll, cutting the damage down from 11 to 6!!

Johnathan AP 4 -> 3.
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Initiative Order
----------------
Toxic Snake A (13)
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi ( 8 )

Round two start!
Arashi’s turn!

"Ok, this isn't working! Old fashion way it is!" A small cloud of sand erupted from behind Max's feet as he moved in on the already dazed Snake. Since he's ki control was a little off today he'd finish this with his hands.  He'd be right in front of the snake in mere seconds with his right leg already pulled back for a soccer ball kick! The reptile tried to evade but it was so out of it from the previous counter that it unintendedly moved its head towards the kick. Increasing the damage as well as resulting in a lone snake being sent across the arid desert.

Punted off the sand coming to rest against a giant shroom just nearby, clearly out cold. Arashi craned his head to look down at the second snake with a mischevious grin. "You're next." Trying to finish off the last one Arashi began to start kicking like a madman. Sadly, the snake had no intention of ending up like his partner and avoided the first to kicks with ease!

"Keep slithering around! One way or another! I'm! Gonna! CATCH YOU!" Having just about enough of kicking Arashi clenched and pulled back his right fist! His eyes locked on target as he lowered his body whilst moving in for a strange punch! Putting forth all his strength and body weight into what could be a disastrous blow! Was it a hook? An uppercut? NO! IT WAS A SMASH! Landing clean on the snake's throat, sending it flying several feet back!  
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Latest?cb=20140112060234

Arahi uses a kick and does 15 damage to Toxic Snake A! Knocking it out!

Attempts two kicks to toxic snake B and misses both times!

Uses the last of his AP to basic attack punch Toxic Snake B doing 15 damage!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Toxic Snake B's turn!

With his knuckles still raised towards the sun, Arashi caught the snake that remained circling around him in an instant, forming a ring.

The ring suddenly shrunk, piling up to constrict all of the teens body once it finished. But it only found itself as Arashi lept straight up into the air.

Toxic Snake B attempts to Constrict Arashi, but misses! (EP -10)

Arashi smirked down but found the snakes head rising up for him, as if the snake was standing up with its long length. It shot for his leg to constrict him from there, only for Arashi's face to lean down and greet it.

Snake: O_O

Arashi grabbed the snake by the back of its head, and it failed to lash out with its fangs, before he pulled it up, spinning the dangerous animal into a ball he grappled with both arms...

Toxic Snake B burns an AP to attempt to Constrict Arashi once again (AP -1) but Arashi scores a perfect parry, grappling instead!

Arashi landed down in the sand, grinning at his new ball...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Johnathan Vs Yamcha
Round 2, start!

-----------
Initiative Order
--------------------------------------
Yamcha (17)
Johnathan (4)

Stat Block (HP / KP / [MP / ...] / AP)
Johnathan (Lv. 2 / 67 HP / 76 KP / 3 AP)
Yamcha (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? KP / ? AP)

Yamcha's turn!

Before Yamcha finishes his skid back from Johnathan's blow, he jumped back at him. With several quick hops he gained great momentum, changing into a shadowy blur as he pulled one hand back...

Johnathan stood his ground in response, eyeing the bandit with unblinking eyes...

One fist suddenly twisted back, and Yamcha could swear he saw a pure white light gathering around it, before specks of violet flowed in the sort of aura as well...

Yamcha suddenly disappeared from Johnathan's sights, surprising him. He felt a rustle in his pocket, and could barely make out the sound of Yamcha landing down behind him.

In the bandits hand was a wad of zeni, the world's main currency.

Yamcha attempts his Bandits Snatch, and Johnathan attempts to counter with a signature of his own (KP -41), but the counter misses! Yamcha takes 90 Zeni from Johnathan as a result of Bandit Snatch!! (Johnathan's KP 76 -> 34, Zeni 800 -> 710)

Yamcha pocketed the bills, and grinned towards his cat-boy partner.

"Puar, I found enough for a meal!!"

Puar called back happily, "Lucky us!" as if they'd simply happened upon it in the sand.

Despite the accomplishment and response, sweat was dripping down Yamcha's brow...

"What the hell was that...?" Yamcha thought...

The image of Johnathan about to release his counter is clear in his mind, a visage of a powerful eagle preparing to set off appearing over him for that moment. Yamcha had narrowly avoided that.

"If that had actually hit me, what would have happened?"

His sweat dropped down to the sand below.

His hand grasped the hilt of his blade once again. It was known as Seryu, the Azure Dragon, an impressive enough blade. He slowly pulled the curved edge from its sheath. He couldn't take this guy lightly...

The bandits stance adjusted, feinting to the left, only for him to dart to the right and lunge for a turning Johnathan, who calmly watched him.

As Seryu sliced through the air, it gave off a unique sound. The light reflected off its blade, giving the slash the appearance of a long glowing flash.

Slash

Johnathan had jumped back, causing the attack to miss his body, only for a small cut to open up at the front of his suit...

Yamcha burns an AP to make a weapon attack on Johnathan, but misses!!

"Tch..." Yamcha grunted, frowning. Johnathan was glaring back at him, perplexed...

Johnathan's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 am

Both fighters stare off for a few moments. Yamcha sweating nervously on guard. While Johnathan stared him down, his face utterly calm.

Then, Johnathan slams his foot into the dirt. Kicking off into a run..

Yamcha gets ready, drawing his blade some and tensing up, and Johnathan brings his right arm out. Intentionally telegraphing a hook as he closes the distance. Yamcha raises his arm to block the obvious attack...noting that it does feel a bit too telegraphed. However Jonathan continues to throw it. Up until the point where it was just about to make contact….then..

WHAM

In a single blur of motion. Johnathan’s body blurred as he moved with superhuman speed. Drawing his right arm back and instead, slamming his left straight into the side of Yamcha’s head. Sending him reeling back abit as the impact dazed him.

In that moment, jonathan swung his right down low. Aiming for a powerful shot at Yamcha’s now exposed gut.

“L-like i’d let you!!” Yamcha says, blood flowing from his mouth to his chin, his hair flies up as he manages to correct his backwards momentum. Swinging his own blow down towards Johnathan’s head.

“Predictable..” Johnathan says, as he simply leans out of the way, the blow soaring past his head.

Yamcha’s eyes widen “w-wha-”

WHAM

“~~YAMCHA SAMAA!!!” Puar cries out. As Johnathan’s second blow slams into Yamcha’s gut. The impact ringing out across the desert. Blowing the desert bandit back with great force.  Landing on his back into a short roll, before finally ending up on his back. His hair covering his face.

However. In the moment of the impact, Yamcha had used his own burst of speed similar to Johnathan’s own. Bringing his arms down in an attempt to cover the opening. As a result, he found. He had managed to avoid the worst of the damage.

Johnathan attempts a basic physical attack, and manages a hit!!!, he follows up with another. Which Yamcha burns an AP to try and counter with his own...but critically fails!! He burns another to Endure it...and luckily succeeds, bringing his total damage to 21!!

Johnathan AP 3 -> 2
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 am

Yamcha's turn!

Being knocked flat on his back...It reminded Yamcha of a past experience...

"I actually did it...Wow!!" the boy had said. "It's just like you said, Yamcha!"

Yamcha only returned to reality when Puar landed on his face, bawling.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Barakamon-09-hina-crying-cute-comedy

"Yamcha-sama's dead!! How could this happen!? WAAAA---" Puar weeped, even as Yamcha's muffled voice tried to escape his hug. "Huh!?"

"YAMCHA-SAMA'S ALIVE!?"

Puar hugs Yamcha's face again, this time leaving half of it uncovered. Yamcha seemed rather out of it. Yamcha starts to rise, before flinching, both hands grasping his gut...

"Still broke a handful of my ribs...through my arm. This guy..."

Puar wiped the tears from his face, confused at how this could happen...

Through the pain Yamcha stood up, "We've bitten off more then we can chew..."

Johnathan watched him as he revealed a capsule, and tossed it to the ground. A hover-vehicle sprang up, which Yamcha practically collapsed onto. Puar hopped on, hugging his leg.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Latest?cb=20110529084631

The hover-vehicles engine started up, and it began to hover. Johnathan watched without raising a finger.

"Leaving?"
"...Alright then. For the record, you can keep the money."

Yamcha looked back and stared at Johnathan...before taking off.

""You'll never catch the Jet Momonga on foot!!" Puar taunted, sticking his tongue out.

"Please, we both know I could. But you can keep what you took." Johnathan called back.

Johnathan became smaller and smaller in the distance. Yamcha put a hand on the cat-boy's head to calmly stop him.

Farther and farther the two bandits went...until they disappeared into the desert.

Yamcha (and Puar) escape on their Jet Momonga, ending the battle!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Puar leaned against Yamcha's leg, arms crossed and cocky. "To scared to chase us down, I get it...

Yamcha glanced down at him and sighed...

"It was my loss...but looks like he left me the money for the entertainment..."

Puar's head suddenly shifted to a size three times its usual.

"Eh!? But you can't lose! You're the undefeated super thief!" Puar said, looking back.

But he saw Yamcha gazing off, his mind somewhere else, almost a sad look on his face...

"Undefeated?"
"..."
"Not for a long time..."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:15 am

Initiative Order
----------------
Toxic Snake A (13)
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi ( 8 )

Round 3 start!
Arashi’s turn!

"Hehehehehe! Not so bitey now are ya?" Taking advantage of the snake's repetitive approach Arashi managed to catch the critter in mid-air. He rolled it up into a ball and tossed it into the air! Following that Arashi took a quick squat then launched himself into the air. Like a volleyball player moving for the perfect shot Arashi brought his fist down onto the snake for a powerful spike! "AAAANNNDDDD SERVE!"

If the snake wasn't hurting before it surely would now. The force behind the shot had enough force to crater the sand below and likely rob the snake of its conciseness. "HA! Nailed it! And the guys back home said spiking wasn't that simple."

Arashi connects with a basic attack dealing 13 damage to Toxic Snake B!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:27 am

The snake made a very harsh impact with the ground, totally dazed. For a few moments, it rested on the sand, seemingly out cold like its comrade. However, Arashi watched, amazed, as the snake managed to resuscitate itself from the edge of unconsciousness.

"Man... What a fighter," Arashi marveled, "And yet it's just a snake..."
---------
Initiative Order
----------------
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi ( 8 )

Arashi (Lv. 2 / 62 HP / 54 KP / 0 AP)

Round 4 start!
Toxic Snake B's turn!

The toxic snake raised its head. Its body was wracked with pain, making it dizzy. Its desire to avenge the first snake was even worse. With every ounce of its strength, the snake lunged out... but the snake was a bit wide left, lunging for what it thought was Arashi but was just an image.

The poor snake was seeing triple of everything.

Toxic Snake B attacks Arashi, but the attack misses!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:23 am

---------
Initiative Order
----------------
Toxic Snake B (13)
Arashi ( 8 )

Arashi (Lv. 2 / 62 HP / 54 KP / 0 AP)

Arashi's turn!

For such a small creature, Arashi could see it had a lot of heart. Your average snake would have turned tail and slithered away after the first blow. Yet here he was, fighting with everything it had left regardless of the accumulated damage. “So this is the wounded animal dad always warned me about.” The snake coiled up, building up strength for one last attack! As if it were some kind of living spring it shot forth, baring it's fangs with malicious intent! There was so much determination in this one final act of resistance that watching it completely miss was a little heartbreaking. “Yea did good. Rest up.” WHAM! Aiming to end the confrontation Arashi lashed out with his tail. Smacking the reptile on the back of its head and officially knocking it out. “Just for that! I ain't gonna eat ya! See ya later little guy!” That was it, once the boy stopped fooling around he managed to dispatch the poisonous duo rather easily. Only to continue onward towards his dream!

Arashi shows mercy and knocks out Toxic Snake B with his tail! KO!

Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Empty Where All Decays and Only Money Remains

Post by TheToonKing Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 am

That night, with the moon above obscured by clouds, Arashi searched around for a spot to sleep. He headed in between two large boulders that would get him out from the open. There he paused, as he came face to face with yet another skeleton...

This one was even older, the only items on its person not eroded away was a small sack...

Arashi eyed the skeleton for a moment. Another body without any clear break from a killing blow, something Arashi was curious to find, and no person had taken his things, this sack. They just slipped between these boulders and died, like they were poisoned or something---

Oh...

--- --- ---
"Gross gross gross!!" Arashi yelled once again, as he moved the skeleton into a grave of its own. "Phew..."

He gave a bow with his hands clasped together, sincerely.

"Rest in peace..."
--- --- ---

After some thought under the stars, he opened the sack he found on the body, and found it loaded with zeni. While it wasn't really all that much, it was more then several allowances. Zeni signs had even appeared in his eyes...

"With this much cash, I can buy more comics then I can carry..." He layed back, both hands behind his head, grinning. "Well maybe not all I can carry, hehe. And soon...I'll be able to buy even more..."

With a closed eyes grin, he immediately started to doze off, mumbling...

"I'll prove how far I've come... win the Tenkaichi Budokai, and carry home... a mountain of comics..."

And Arashi drifted off to sleep, though he had already been dreaming...

Arashi acquired 440 Zeni!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Johnathan had been laying back under the same stars, watching them and thinking about his own purpose in heading to face the challenge of the Tenkaichi Budokai.

Suddenly a glint appeared in his eye, as his eagle like eyes caught something in the slight distance...

On a stroll over he crouched down to pull some lose zeni out of the sand...

Johnathan glanced around, confused at the placing...

Johnathan acquired 54 Zeni!
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Yamcha12
In the home built into rock Yamcha and Puar had found home, Yamcha asleep was in bed, shirtless with bandages around his lower torso. Puar was at his side, worried...

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Den of the Desert Wolf Yamcha13
"Nothing like this has ever happened..." Puar said aloud only to himself. "No ones put up so much of a fight..."

Despite speaking only to himself, Puars voice rustled Yamcha from his rest, and he sat up.

"You're awake!!" Puar exclaimed, "I thought your wounds were looking light enough, you'll be back on your feet soon!!"

Yamcha tossed the blanket on him aside, standing up from the bed. Puar was surprised.

"Back on your feet so soon!?"

"..." Yamcha said nothing, reaching down and grabbing Seryu a moment, before letting go and leaving the room and stepping outside...

--- --- ---
When Puar followed outside, he found his friend throwing punches and kicks at the open night air, gradually moving forward in a line through the sand.

"Theirs no one there you know...?" Puar didn't seem to understand...

Yamcha however, was merely acting on the memories that were now flooding in...refreshing old kata from his past, finding new possibilities with an older body and heightened physique, yet still struggling to match the form he believed would have allowed him to come out on top...

From Puars perspective, Yamcha's movements soon blurred together, and disappeared behind the image of a charging wolf as he shouted;

"Rogafufuken!!!"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Night 2 passes without further interruption...
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
OOC: Rogafufuken - Roga = Wolf Fang, Fu = Wind, Ken = fist
Rogafufuken = Fist of the Wolf Fang Wind

Toriyama actually puts two Fu/Wind's, possibly as a bit of a gag. Certainly makes it sound better though.
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:13 am

A good night’s rest grants 50% HP/KP and 2 AP recovery to both Arashi and Johnathan!!
Dawn of Day 3

The sun rose once again, casting the heat of the sun down on the desert below. Both fighters rose at different times yet again, setting off into the desert, heading towards their shared destination.
------
Johnathan traveled down south yet again, his mind trailing back to the battle he’d had the day before. In the end, it was a warm-up for the fights to come. However, Johnathan had something else to worry about. Over the course of the previous day he’d used up the last of his food. A minor oversight in his preparation, for sure, but one that could be costly. The sun shone brightly above and beat down on him. If he didn’t find an oasis before nightfall he’d definitely be in rough shape—

Suddenly, Johnathan found himself squinting his eyes, a sudden glint from the sun reflecting directly into his face. The martial artist looked down, perplexed—something metal was definitely sticking halfway out of the sand. Johnathan increased the pace of his walk briefly until he was next to it. It was a capsule case. Johnathan reached down, picking up the case… and then he heard a light snap.

He was now holding a skeletal hand, the fingers still closed around the case tightly. Johnathan stared at the bony hand for a few moments, before firmly batting the bony hand away back to the sandy floor. Re-burying the hand in the sand, Johnathan opened the capsule case.

By sheer luck, it contained a couple days’ worth of food and water capsules. Feeling confident this would get him a bit further on his trek, at least through the desert, Johnathan quickly stashed the capsule case away and began moving onward, closing his eyes in a solemn moment for the fallen traveler.

Johnathan finds 2 days’ of rations!
------
Meanwhile, Arashi rose later on, and had begun his trek once more, aiming to make his dream of winning the tournament a reality. There wasn’t much more to it. Win the tournament, win the money… and then… comic books. Arashi continued south, trying to watch out for more of those snakes. Now that he knew they were poison, he had to be careful. It wouldn’t do to get poisoned here…
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next