The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Empty Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat May 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Age 750
Near a frozen forest

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Latest?cb=20090727210851

Alone in the forest, a lone man wanders…

Unlike those before him, the upcoming Tenkaichi Budokai wasn’t even a blip on his radar at the moment. He was instead simply experiencing the world as he went. This section of the world was colder than he was used to, but the man was hardly bothered by it. The sensation of frosty precipitation wasn’t all too new, but it seemed the further he went in this place he was in, the more intense it became, and the colder it became.

This man was about to trek through a frozen no-man’s land, only to discover the mysteries hidden within… assuming he could pull through the blizzard. Only thing is, he wasn’t fully aware of it.

Rota could only ascertain three things at the moment. It was cold outside and growing colder; he wasn’t prepared for such a cold time; he had no idea where he was at the moment. Still, this was a new experience, and he knew he had keep going regardless to move to the next place. A pouch strapped to his belt bounced lightly with each step. He hadn’t the foggiest idea where he was going other than through dense woods, nor what he’d do once he got inside those woods.

Thing is, he likely needed to reconsider his path…

“Hey! You!! Wait!!!”

Rota’s ears perked up a bit at the shout, and he turned to face the direction of the sound.

On the porch of a home, a middle-aged man stood, barely able to comprehend the sight before him. He wore a simple coat over a shirt and pair of overalls, together with a thick winter hat. His eyes were wide with concern.

~Farmer – Toshi~

What Toshi saw was a young man, probably in his teens, white hair, wearing some kind of karate uniform, he supposed, was walking forwards without any sign of stopping at all. The boy seemed hardly prepared for a simple romp through these parts, nevermind the hell that was ahead of him. His eyes were now facing Toshi.

~ Mysterious Wanderer – Rota ~

Feeling he got the boy’s attention, Toshi continued:

“Don’t you realize where you’re headed!? That’s the Silverpine!!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Empty Re: Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf

Post by Anim8or55 Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 am

The boy raised his hands to his chin, deep in thought for a few moments. "You're right, I didn't realize that." he agreed. The man smiles slightly, his heeding seeming to have landed as he'd hoped. But it fell after the boy snapped his fingers "Oh, but now I did." he raised a hand and waved at the man "Thanks!" to Toshi's surprise the boy began to walk away from him.

Toshi ran off his porch, nearly tripping on the deep snow as he rushed to get in Rota's way, flailing his arms to get the young mans attention. "It's the Silverpine, and its close to dark no less!" Rota tilted his head slightly, an almost confused look in his face.

"Oh, well, I'm pretty adept at the dark, if that's what you're worried about." Toshi shook his head, this boy just didn't seem to understand what he was saying.

"It's far more then that, within the Silverpine...unbelievable colds, deadly wolves...and even if you've grown out of fearing the dark...Namahage will still find you--" again his warnings fell on deaf ears as the boy continued forward, walking around him without much hesitation. Toshi began to sweat, he had to do something, anything to stop him from going further.

"W-Wait!! You're almost guaranteed to never come out either way, but at least wait until morning! I'll let you spend the night here in my home. I have a spare bed mat, and lots of fire wood..." With everything he'd said, with everything he could offer, nothing seemed to stop him. It seemed like he would keep going, Toshi needed something that could get him to listen to reason.

And in what seemed like his last chance, Toshi found what he was looking for. As a loud growl echoes around Rota, Toshi saw his opening, and was ready to take it.

"...And stew!" Finally after countless attempts, Rota stopped in his tracks. "It's heating as we speak! And I just realized, I couldn't possibly eat it all on my own..." Toshi tightened his fists, hoping that the promise of a warm meal to a hungry traveler would work. And within a few seconds the boy half turned to him, an almost ashamed look on his face as he scratched as his cheek.

"Well I suppose I could help you with that." Toshi let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Yes...here, I'll start a fire out back aswell... You must be cold." Toshi made his way back, his boots causing a loud crunch in the snow as he did. Rota himself was close behind, keeping pace with the kind man all the way into his house.

The difference in temperature was felt instantly as he walked in, the barrier that was the door frame holding the wall of warmth created by the homeowners fire. Not only that, but the rich smell of the stew promised welcomed the young traveler. Rota having left his shoes at the door took seat on a carefully carved log, as per Toshi's request.

Now seated, the two had some time to talk before the stew was ready. "So what brings you out here?" Toshi hoped that with any luck a little dinner, a warm place to sleep and a short talking to would be enough to convince the boy to turn back, maybe even suggest him a safer route around the path he had almost taken.

"Oh nothing special," Rota admitted "Just traveling, taking in what the world has to offer is all." Toshi arched a brow.

"Does he not actually know about the fortune...? Or is he hiding it for some reason..." he thought to himself, wondering, maybe he'd be able to find out.

"But you've heard about the Silverpine while traveling around here, haven't you? The 'Mountainside of the Eternal Blizzard'?" Toshi pointed towards the far end of his home, through the window was a sight of the forest, and in between the snow laced trees was an impenetrable darkness. "As you could see, its edge is just ahead..."

Rota didn't seem to look, simply shrugging his shoulders "No not really, most people I pass just say the same thing." Rota began counting every line he'd heard with his fingers "Turn back, seriously turn back, do you have a death wish, though no one's ever actually tried to stop me." Toshi stared at the boy for a moment, a sudden slicker in his eyes hinting at a small realization.

"Ah...So used to people going after what's within that we don't even think to properly explain..." Toshi leaned forward, a small discomfort in his face as he rubbed his hands together. "The blizzard ahead is one that has raged for decades, day and night...for so long the pine trees dotting the mountainside became completely coated in sharp ice." Toshi took in a breath, letting out a chilled exhale, as though he could feel it even within the warmth of his home "It isn't just colder then you've ever imagined inside. The winds carry stray ice through the air with enough force to slice through the frozen trees, or anything else" he paused, averting his eyes and staring at the flames "....Somehow some creatures have managed to survive throughout this time, the deadly Tundra Wolves will eat whatever's died and hunt whatever's lucky enough to survive..."

Again he looked through the window, a look in his eyes which seemed to carry many feelings behind them, but one could not pinpoint what they were.

"That is the Silverpine..."
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Empty Re: Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf

Post by TheToonKing Sun May 12, 2019 3:32 am

Toshi grabbed a bowl and began to spoon some stew into it.

"And yet time and time again..." he said, "Fools have entered in their greed...All after the Udon Fortune ..."

Moments later he extended a full bowl to Rota. After a pause, Rota's nose sniffed at the bowl, and for some reason he reached out without looking. He fumbled with the bowl, but took it in the end. Toshi raised an eyebrow.

"Fortune?" Rota replied, stirring his stew, "Like, a treasure?"

Toshi nodded.

"That's right....years ago, this mountain belonged to one of the world's richest men of the time, Udon-sama...When the blizzard first appeared over the mountain he was living atop it with his wife at a grand mansion...the Hiyashi Estate. It's said Udon-sama refused to leave the estate, and eventually the blizzards intensity cut off all attempts to send out for supplies...the couple undoubtedly died...leaving behind a grand fortune in gold, the legendary Udon Fortune."

Rota simply sipped at his soup and said, "Whoa, haven't had anything like this before."

Toshi immediately fell right back into the snow, feet up in the air. They twitched for a moment as Rota sipped before he got back up.

"D-Did you hear me...?"

"Yup, blizzard came from the mansion...or something..."

Truth be told he'd only caught so much after his first bite...

"So why do you live so close to the edge, if it's so dangerous?"

"My families home has been here for quite some time..." Toshi revealed, pausing with a bowl of his own. "I still have yet to move because...I suppose I can't help but wait for a certain someone to come back..."

He began to poor his bowl as Rota paused his eating, leaving his spoon in the bowl and looking up.

"Don't worry, I'll be back...someday..."
A voice had once said to Rota...

"Somebody close?"

The stew slopped into Toshi's bowl loudly as he paused at the question. He finished filling the bowl, and sat straight, not taking a bite...

"My father..." and he put a hand to the side of his head in mild surprise, "By Kami, it's been nearly a decade."

He paused, and Rota didn't interrupt.

"Y'know, when I was young he used to tell me 'If their are any crybabies around, Namahage will come' . Namahage is a red faced demon who has dwelled in the mountain since before the blizzard, Dad would always talk about it. 'If you grow lazy by the fire and start to blister, Namahage will come and cut free the blisters with its deba knives' ...Namahage will forever be in my head thanks to that man..."

He stired his bowl, but took no bite. " 'If you try and enter the Silverpine, you may not interest any wolves, you may somehow be dressed for the cold, you may be as lucky as you've ever been, but Namahage can still find you...'"

The winds were picking up outside as the sun set...

"...Being a farmer is tough, especially here. So eventually my father Koshi went in after the Udon Fortune...He was strong, he could handle the cold, and he'd grown up here in similar enough conditions he'd thought...If only he'd taken his own advice..."

"Namahage was never real...It was just a face to the horrible dangers in life...Both what you could avoid, and the inevitable...So even as I apparently wait here for him I already know... 'Namahage' found him..."

More silence followed, though it was undercut by the loud winds outside. But Rota did reply.

"Monsters are as real as we allow them be..." he said, before standing up from his seat. The winds outside were really starting to rage outside, like a beast. "Sometimes just the unknown is enough to create them, the fear it causes bringing it to life. Not knowing what's ahead, or what might come, it's almost enough to stop you where you stand."

"But it sounds like your dad didn't let that happen, if anything, maybe this, 'Namahage' didn't find him....maybe he found it."

Toshi nearly dropped his bowl, almost forgetting it.

"In all this time, I'd never looked at it like that. Though... I've never really considered him wrong for going after the fortune, for going after 'Namahage' ... Because he was doing it to chase the dream of a better life for both of us..."

"..."

"B-But you definitely should turn back!" he nodded to himself, taking a bite at last. He was more comfortable, though wanted back on track to his point...

"The fortune isn't even a dream of yours, no reason to walk right into danger..."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Sun May 12, 2019 4:16 pm

It was a brief silence that followed as Rota raised his bowl and drank the remaining stew from it. With one final gulp he let out a sigh, a sign that the stew had hit the spot he'd been missing. "Maybe you're right." Toshi seemed pleased, his words finally seeming to finally reach Rota with reason. "All those people who ventured in their, all those families who never saw them again." He could remember many of them, several travelers much like Rota who had come across his home, people who continued forward despite his warnings, never to be seen again.

Each time was harder than the last, each failed attempt to convince them otherwise adding to the weight that bore down at him. "Wouldn't want to become one of them." But this time it seemed he was successful in his endeavor. He didn't have to see another innocent soul be consumed by the darkness that is Silverpine.

"That's right, you've got a family don't yah?" But he needed to make sure that it stuck, that there was no doubt left in the boy about tuning back. Rota nodded his head in agreement, though Toshi couldn't see his face he knew he must be thinking of them right now. "Don't want to worry them..." Rota fell back into silence, deep in thought.

"You know my father had a saying too," he paused for a moment, letting out a small 'er' "Though not as....scary" he admitted. Rota reached out until he was finally touching the glass of the window, the bitter chill of the outside felt against his palm. "He'd say any goal could be achieved if you put all your heart into it, otherwise, you're doomed fail." The howl of the blizzards wind roared again, "Because if you don't truly believe in something, you won't see it to the end." Toshi watched as Rota placed his hand to his chest, feeling his own heart beat for what must have been the answer.

Rota turned back to Toshi, a warm smile on his face. "Guess that settles that, huh?" for a moment Toshi felt relived "That's great..." but, there was something nagging him, something about the look on Rota's face that seemed to say more. Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Latest?cb=20110703155706

"Wait" he cut himself off "Don't tell me you're...." he was cut off again by the sound of Rota placing down his bowl, watched as Rota bowed his head to him.

"Thank you for you hospitality, it's warming to know there are people like you around the world." Rota slowly raised his head and turned around, taking several steps towards the door. "I'm told to always repay my depths in kind, so..." he stopped at the door and took a half step back towards Toshi. "I'll bring back your father." Toshi's eyes opened wide in shock, stammering he reached out towards the boy.

"H-Hold on!" the door suddenly flung open, the storm it had held back now blowing heavy winds into the house. Blinded by the sheer cold, Toshi had only looked away for but a moment before suddenly the winds stopped once more. He looked back to see the door closed again, and Rota nowhere to be seen.
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 am

---------------------------------------------

Toshi had certainly been right about them being at the edge of the blizzard. Rota could feel himself walk into its threshold even from the rising winds outside of it. The temperature dropped, and he sank down to his knees in the snow. Even the wind wanted very much to push the rest of him over into it like a cold blanket.

But he silently pushed forward even as frost collected along his clothes and hair...Somehow in the dead of night, without light to guide his sight, he ran into no trees either. He avoided all the sharp frozen pines that were pointing out at him everywhere...

---------------------------------------------

Roughly an hour later his body was beginning to feel the effects of the cold, his muscles slowed as a shiver escaped his body. The bitter wind chipped away at the warmth that had been stored up within Toshi's home.

This did little to slow him, however.

Rota makes an Endurance save against the dangerous cold, and fails, taking a total of 4 damage! (HP 106 -> 102)

"ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Without warning, a howl echoed out through the darkness, and three answered back. Rota stopped for a moment, his head turning and taking in the sounds of numerous figures surrounding him.

"Ventured into your territory have I?"

Bizarre crackling answered back all around, "HEE-HEE-HEE..."

In the darkness, several wolves stepped into what would be Rota's view in the daytime. They weren't attempting to sneak in, no they seemed to giggle at each other, almost like hyena's...

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf C1155

~Gang Wolves~

Their eyes were wild and without focus, approaching Rota through other means. Across ones neck was a long taken golden necklace, mostly frozen over. Another had a single old boot on one back foot, and another wore a heavy coat that'd mostly been torn to shreds and dyed red.

Another wolf, covered in scars, lets out another howl that shut the other wolves up...The same howl as the first. It was the alpha of this pack.

"Hee..." the alpha wolf laughed.

-------------------------------------
Engage Battle!
Initiative Order
------------------
Rota (22)
Gang Wolf A (14)
Gang Wolf C (13)
Gang Wolf B (10)
Gang Wolf Alpha (7)

Rota (Lv. 2 / 102 HP / 110 KP / 6 AP)
Vs
Gang Wolf Alpha (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Gang Wolf A (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Gang Wolf B (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Gang Wolf C (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

Round 1, start!
Rota's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Tue May 14, 2019 11:03 pm

The wolves closed in on Rota, each giving off the same laugh as the other, each drooling out their mouths with anticipation for a meal. Rota lowered his stance, spreading his legs and bending his knees, one hand held just before his head while the other was extended out. His fingers bent slightly, as though in preparation for how he would attack his target.

There were many of them and only one of him, but, Rota knew that he didn't need to beat them all. Of all the wolves before him there was one target with a higher value. And it was that wolf, the Alpha wolf, which he chose to strike. Rota made a mad dash forward, zipping past two wolves with enough speed that they were still with surprise.

The Alpha himself could do little but watch as Rota closed the distance between them, only reacting when he was struck by Rota at point blank range.

Rota lands a hit on Gang Wolf Alpha and deals 14 points of damage.

" In every pack there's an Alpha, one who rules them all. But only one can exist in any pack." Rota spun in place, swinging his leg around and striking the Alpha Wolf a second time, managing to land two solid hits before any of the others could react.

Rota burns an AP (6->5) to land another hit on Gang Wolf Alpha and another 14 points of Damage.

"So then...." Rota took step back and returned to his stance, readying himself for what was to come. "let's see who's the Alpha now....."
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Gang Wolf A's turn!
"Let's see who's the alpha now..." Rota said, and immediately one of the wolves was darting for him, the one with golden chains. Their was no light to see its approach, but Rota could still tell it was coming. He jumped up out of the snow, but he hadn't expected it to cushion the force of his jump as it did...

The gang wolf had enough experience to avoid this, and their jump allowed him to reach Rota, and sink its teeth into his leg. Rota felt a sharp pain, and the wolf tried to yank him down, but he kicked his leg free.

Gang Wolf A attacks Rota with its Bite attack, inflicting 12 damage! (HP 102 -> 90)

Gang Wolf C's turn!

While this was occurring another wolf, the one with the heavy coat, was rushing to the hurt leaders side. The alpha's head was spinning from the heavy blows, and it tried to get a hold of its own balance...

The coated wolf took up a protective stance in front of its leader, ready to defend them...
Gang Wolf C takes the Protect action to protect Gang Wolf Alpha
Gang Wolf B's turn!

The wolf with a single boot was thrown into a rage at the alpha's state however. When Rota landed back down onto the ground, sinking a foot into the snow, it was gliding across the snows surface with quick steps. It reached the traveler with an open mouth and was sure it had Rota's arm in its grasp, only for its bite to close down on nothing.
Gang Wolf B attacks Rota with its Bite attack, but misses!

Rota had voluntarily fallen back in the snow to avoid the blow. The gang wolf eyed his laying state with a grin.

"Hee-hee..." it opened wide and jumped down on him. But Rota merely lifted himself up with his hands and flipped away out of harms way.

Gang Wolf B burns an AP to try again, but misses once again!

Gang Wolf Alpha's turn!
Rota landed down once again uninjured, causing the wolves to growl in contempt. The alpha had recovered some, and took in the wolves positions with a powerful sniff. His keen smell allowed him to map out the fighting area, and he quickly used this to send out orders...

Gang Wolf Alpha uses its action to initiate Pack Tactics...

Round 1, over!

Initiative Order
------------------
Rota (22)
Gang Wolf A (14)
Gang Wolf C (13)
Gang Wolf B (10)
Gang Wolf Alpha (7)

Rota (Lv. 2 / 90 HP / 110 KP / 5 AP)
Vs
Gang Wolf C (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

-----------
Round 2, Start!

Rota's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am

Rota's turn!

Rota interprets two of Gang Wolf Alpha's Pack Tactics messages, gaining +2 to defending rolls against them!

Rota wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to dodge all the wolves, and he wasn't sure he wanted to find out either. He already marked his target, but he can't get to it now that another is protecting him. He let out a small 'tch', a slight hint of annoyance, or maybe disappointment. "If an Alpha needs to be protected, then how can he keep his pack safe?" he couldn't get around it, so he would have to go through.

If the other wolf will protect the Alpha, then Rota would need to take care of it first. So he charged forward, the wolf already prepared for him. He took a swing, the wolf just barely managing to duck under his strike by the fur of its head.

Rota attacks Gang Wolf C but misses!

But he wasn't going to let up yet, so he continued to add pressure, swinging a second time, this time he managed to land a solid hit.

Rota burns another AP for a second attack (AP 5 -> 4) landing for 11 damage!
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 am

Gang Wolf A's turn!

The gang wolf soared back, but regained it's footing, eyes seeming loopy. Immediately the wolves were darting every which way in an attempt to confuse Rota, all according to Alpha's orders.

Finally the chain wearing wolf came down at him, and Rota started to back up, just as the coat wearing wolf landed behind him. He froze for just a moment before dodging to the left instead, and the approaching wolf used that delay to barely sink its teeth into his shoulder.  It tried to pull at him, but he broke free easily.

Gang Wolf A attacks Rota with its Bite attack, inflicting 12 damage! (90 -> 78)

Gang Wolf C's turn!

The coat wearer behind Rota immediately lunged for his back, but the mysterious teen kicked straight back right into the animals jaw, knocking it back hard.  

Gang Wolf C attacks Rota with its Bite attack, but he counters, inflicting 12 damage! (?? -> ?)

The wolf was sent flying, head over heels, nearly falling out of its coat. Rota turned to the Alpha wolf, sensing it out in the darkness. The alpha could feel Rota's focus on it, looking shocked.

"Are you going to stand there and let them fight for you?" Rota said, while the wolf he'd just struck landed against a tree that'd lost it spines. It growled at Rota when it noticed he was turned away from it and towards the alpha, jumping back off right for him. The maneuver was impressive, one it probably wouldn't be able to do again, as it slashed its claws down on Rota's back.

Gang Wolf C burns an AP to attack Rota with a Basic Physical Attack and scores a critical hit which is endured (AP 4 -> 3)  inflicting 9 damage (HP 78 -> 69)

Gang Wolf B's turn!

Rota leaned forward from the force, and immediately the wolf with a single boot had its teeth sunk into his leg. They were coordinated, the moment one got Rota's guard down another would strike.
Gang Wolf B attacks Rota with a Bite, inflicting 13 damage! (HP 69 -> 56)

Gang Wolf Alpha's turn!

The alpha shook its head, at last regaining its bearings from the intense hits so far. It grinned at Rota's condition, he had some teeth marks in him, a bit of crimson seeping in.

"Hee-Hee-Hee..." it giggled, before it gave several distinct taps into the snow, before jumping up and beginning to dart around the area, keeping Rota away from him.

Gang Wolf Alpha uses its action to initiate Pack Tactics...
Gang Wolf Alpha burns an AP to take the Dodge action.

Round 2, over!
Initiative Order
------------------
Rota (22)
Gang Wolf A (14)
Gang Wolf C (13)
Gang Wolf B (10)
Gang Wolf Alpha (7)

Rota (Lv. 2 / 56 HP / 110 KP / 3 AP)
Vs
Gang Wolf C (Lv. ? / ? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

-----------
Round 3, start!

Rota's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 am

At the battle rages and the damage stacks, Rota finally found the opening he wanted. With the one wolf having left his side, he could fight his mark once again. He leaped up, making a sharp dash towards the Alpha and delivering a hard kick to the wolf. It was hard enough to knock the wolf off his paws, the color of his eyes seeming to fade as his body flew a short distance.

But by sheer force of will the Alpha managed to snap out of it, correcting his body and landing back on all fours. But she did not come out in the best condition, had he not managed to endure the hit who knows what could have happened. Or rather, maybe he did know, and in the state was in refused to admit it.

"I can cross that line if I need to." the ears of the wolves perked as Rota spoke "But I don't want to, and if this continues you and your pack are going to get hurt or worse." Some of the wolves seemed to falter for what could have been less than a second, all ears focused on what was being said. Rota tightened his fist, a slight grit in his teeth as he addressed them all.

"Is that what you want?!" Wolves they may have been, hunters and scavengers of this harsh winter wasteland. But they could still understand the emotions behind what they were hearing, and now, some began to quiver as the realization began to sink in. None so more than the Alpha himself.

Rota lands a hit doing 12 damage, but Wolf Gang Alpha endured the hit 12 -> 6!
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 am

Gang Wolf A's turn!

The chained wolf shook its head, trying to shake its apparent fear off and attack like always. The wolves each lunged at Rota at once to compensate for their states.

With one coming in at every direction, Rota could only lift an arm up against this first wolves claws, cutting it somewhat.

Gang Wolf A attacks Rota with a Basic Physical Attack, which is endured, inflicting 4 damage! (HP 56 -> 52)

Gang Wolf C's turn!

The coat bearing wolf however was worked up enough to attack without holding back, but because of this Rota had been focused on him. That was why he'd taken the last attack, to be able to avoid this one... The moment the wolves feet left the ground to sink its teeth in his throat, he jumped up to where it couldn't reach when already midair.

Gang Wolf C attacks Rota with a Bite attack, which misses!

Gang Wolf B's turn!

Rota had used the wolf being midair to dodge its attack, knowing it couldn't change directions once it was airborne. Unfortunately Rota was susceptible to the same thing, as the boot wearer jumped off of the other's coated back and up into the air.

His claws landed right into Rota's chest, causing a noticeable flinch in his expression.

Gang Wolf B attacks Rota with a Basic Physical Attack and scores a critical hit which is endured, inflicting 9 damage! (HP 52 -> 41) (AP 3 -> 2)

Gang Wolf Alpha's turn!

While this was all happening, the alpha of the pack's back legs were shaking intensely. It's head darted around the field, at the condition of the other wolves. When Rota landed down it jumped in shock. Despite all of his scars from the past, he'd grown far to comfortable simply giving commands...

Surprisingly, giving in completely to self preservation, the leader turned its back on the battle and started to run away. Despite the darkness Rota turned his head at him leading, and grit is teeth in disappointment.

"You're just gonna abandon them?!"

And the silver haired teen charged after the wolf...

Gang Wolf Alpha attempts to Flee, but Rota goes after him, and a Chase ensues!!

--------------
Initiative Order
--------------
Rota (22)
Gang Wolf Alpha (7)

Rota (Lv. 2 / 41 HP / 110 KP / 2 AP)
Gang Wolf Alpha (Lv. ? / ? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

Distance Meter
[Rota -- (20) --> Gang Wolf Alpha]
-------------
Round 4 (Chase Round 1), start!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 pm

The howls of the wolves were but a distant sound drowned out by the wind that flowed past the two runners. The Alpha limping through the snow as he tried to get away, far away, from that thing he was fighting. He looked like the other prey they'd hunted, but there was something different about this one, something he couldn't quite figure out. But, he didn't have time to, all he wanted right now was to put as much distance between him as possible.

During his run the Alpha dared a look over his shoulder, expecting, no, hoping that there would be nothing but tree and snow behind him. But to his dismay he saw it again, it was giving chase, keeping up with him through the slush and ice.

In a panic the Alpha tried to run harder, pushing his body as hard as it would allow. Through its huff and puffs he gave it his all, managing to just barely keep the distance, if not only loosing a few feet in the process. He thought that maybe, just maybe if he kept at this pace he would soon be in the clear. But it was for naught as that last push seemed to be his undoing.

It was for a moment but he felt a jolt of pain, no doubt all the damage he'd felt finally starting to take its toll. It was brief and he was able to overcome it, but that moment of pause was all his pursuer needed to close the distance between them.

"They fought with you, they fought for you, and this is how you repay them!?" Rota lunged forward, letting out a shout, and the Alpha turned behind him to see not the man who'm he'd fought, but a charging wolf bearing its fangs.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Tumblr_ms0kl9yCAd1qzmfgzo4_500

Rota grabbed hold of the Alpha, the two of them rolling on the snow until finally skidding to a stop. In that moment the other wolves caught up, Rota taking note of them and seeming to forget about the Alpha for but a moment. The Alpha used this, and between his desperate struggles and the snow and ice between them, he managed to slip away. He scampers away, making some distance between them again, looking back between Rota and his pack. Rota seemed sad, his face pointed to the ground as he panted lightly from the run. He turned back to the Alpha, pointing towards the rest of his pack.

"Even after all that, even after leaving them behind, they still followed you. What are you going to do now?"

Rota managed to grapple the Alpha Wolf but he slips away
Chase ended!
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Thu May 16, 2019 4:04 am

Round 7!
Rota's turn!

The shaking alpha looked back at Rota for a few moments, before it looked down at the snow...before giving a sort of bow.

It then raises its head, and lets out another howl. One of defeat. Rota walked up to it, and took a knee beside the wolf.

"Thank you." he said, placing a hand on its head.

Rota convinces Gang Wolf Alpha to stop fighting!

---------------------------
Rota and Gang Wolf Alpha Rest for 2 rounds! Rota regains 14 HP, 16 KP, and 2 AP!

Round 10!

Rota's turn!

The two spent time resting...but the other wolves in the gang soon arrived. They were visibly confused at their alpha calmly resting with Rota, and growl at the sight. They slowly start to circle around the two, surrounding them.

Rota spoke up in one last attempt to stop them, one last attempt at saving them from him having to fight back and take their lives...

But they just growl back, and Rota can hear them menacingly start to walk forward...but a crunch of snow can also be heard beside him...as the former alpha stands up and lets loose another howl.

"ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Out of all of them, this wolf was standing beside the boy. As the wolf looks back at Rota, he sees the strong wolf who'd chased him, yet allowed him to live. The wolf he could only respect.

This alpha had become the leader some time ago...the scars which covered its body from a past where it did fight its own battles. It had only grown so complacent and comfortable once rising to the top...

Rota smiled. He'd thought the wolf a coward, but now saw its true face. Even though the wolf couldn't have known the meaning, he flashed it a thumbs up, before standing all beside them.

Rota tries to convince the wolves to stand down, and possibly join him...

Seeing their alpha side with the human as he gave them one last warning, they wearily growled and backed away...before turning and beginning to leave rather then join Rota's side.

...and they turn to Flee the combat!

The wolf beside Rota stepped after for them, letting out a sound of confusion. The golden chain wearing wolf turned back and scoffed back at them, before growling.

The three wolves all began to laugh at their former alpha and what he'd seemingly become..

"Hee-Hee-Hee!!"

Their laughter slowly got further and further away, before disappearing into the blizzard...leaving their discarded alpha alone...

Combat over!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Rota let out a light sigh at what had happened, it wasn't what his goal. He'd hoped to turn them to his side, but instead he'd turned them all against one of their own. The loyalty he'd thought they'd had been tested, and in the end the one Alpha was left alone.

"I'm sorry that happened." Rota raised a hand and gently pet the hurting wolf. "I'll understand if you resent me for this, but, if you'll continue to stand by my side, then I will stand by yours. I promise that I will never abandon you." again he lowered to a knee, showing that from this point on, they will be equals.

"What do you say, friend?"

The wolf stared at Rota for a few moments in total silence, deciding on weather or not to take the offer laid out to him. And after a while he stood, and started to walk away living a silent Rota behind, at least, that is what it seemed to be at first. Within making a small distance between them the wolf stopped and turned back to Rota, beckoning him with a movement of his head. Rota smiled warmly, nodding his head and following close behind his new companion.

The two continue on for only a bit longer, to where the wolf must have been fleeing to...

Rota takes a few steps before realizing he's walking on... Clothes?

All around him are old and smelly clothes and trinkets...just like that which the Gang Wolves had been wearing. All the items they'd taken off the bodies of those who'd entered the Silverpine...this was their home.

Rota lifts one shirt at random, and a small object falls out, a capsule. Rota felt around it for a few seconds, his fingers tracing around the trigger before finally pocketing it away.

Rota obtained a Capsule (1000 Zeni) from the pile!

"So this is your den, huh?" it seemed the man's tale were true, countless people who'd traveled into this mountain only to meet their end by the wolves.

So many who had lose their lives for the treasure, so many eaten. Rota understood the laws of nature, 'eat or be eaten', but that didn't make this any less sad a sight.

"You wouldn't happen to know if a farmer came through here, would you?" he asked. The wolf tilted his head, a slight confusion as to whom Rota might be talking to. "Guess not, 10 years might have been before your time." Rota paused for a moment, if he and this wolf would be traveling, then he would need a better way to address him.

"We should probably give you a name, could make conversations easier." He thought for a moment, the wolf simple standing there patiently. "How about....Wolfchang Puck?" the wolf sat down, letting out a light, though clearly not happy growl in response.

"No? hm.....maybe, Luke Skybarker?"

This time the wolf let out a even more annoyed, and maybe a little bit of a cringed howl.

"Alright then perhaps, oh, I know, Sherlock Bones!"

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 4a84213b9d226bd48303583e46c80bf8

Needless to say wolf hated that one.

"Okay, okay, so you're not into those...." Rota went back to thinking, about a minute passing before finally snapping his fingers. "Taro..."

The wolfs ears perked by the name, and soon his tail would wag, showing his joy.

Companion Wolf - Taro
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Fri May 17, 2019 5:55 am

And so Rota and Taro continued the trek. Rota didn't have any way of knowing where to find Toshi's father, their was only forward. Soon the heat that had built up from the fighting left Rota, but still he endured the severe cold. Taro was clearly made for the weather, it didn't seem like he'd shiver even without his coat of fur. He looked at his new master worryingly, but Rota didn't flinch, instead smiling back at him.

Rota makes an Endurance save against the dangerous cold, and passes, suffering no damage!

It didn't take long for the winds nearby to start picking up...more and more...until Taro was pressed to keep on walking at the same pace, clinging to the snow so not to go flying. Though Rota didn't seem to have the same issue.

THUNK

Rota and Taro turned to the nearby pine trees "thunk" and Taro's eyes widened as the tree, coated in sharp icey spines, began to fall towards them. Rota however was already moving, grabbing his new companion and jumping with him out of harms way.

Taro looked up at Rota, surprised he'd so instinctively gone to help him already.

WOOOSSHHH

After Rota dropped him, Taro looked up at a massive shard of ice that flew over their heads. Rota's head calmly turned towards it as well.

Ahead of them even more ice audibly tore through the air, dozens of pieces that had broken off of trees and were being carried in the intense blizzard winds. Taro could even seen entire trees coming their way...

Taro looked back at Rota, who turned his way to deliver another smile.

Both jumped forward, becoming blurs pressing on against the oncoming winds. The zoomed between the oncoming projectiles, avoiding ice big enough to cleave either in half, dodging trees which could poke them full of holes from head to toe.

One tree shattered to pieces in mid air, sending countless small sharp pieces right for Rota...it seemed impossible for him to simply jump out of harms way...
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Tenor

Incredibly, his upper body ducked down and weaved through each and every shard at high speeds.

Rota and Taro make Reflex saves, avoiding the icy debris!

Soon the sudden event was over, and the two reconvened, each uninjured. Rota gave Taro a quick pat down to check his condition, before nodding in approval. Taro's tail wagged at his reaction.
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm

As they travel, Taro seems to notice something, and trails off. "What's up?" Rota asked as he followed behind Taro. He sniffed at the snow for a few moments before pulling something out, holding it in his mouth before passing it on to Rota. It was a red cylinder with a gold base, and hollow. Taro looked down the path of snow, other partially covered cylinders forming a path.

Taro and Rota continued to follow until they came too an end, leading up to a preserved corpse, far fresher then Toshi's father could be, still undisturbed by the Gang Wolves scavenging tastes.

Rota took note of what they were wearing, a large red coat which was still intact. Though likely a great source of warmth it had only helped this person so far...

Rota bowed his head and maked a short prayer for the body, then gently removes the coat and putting it on. He bowed "This might not not been what you planned on happening, but I thank you for the help." Rota also took hold of what the man was holding, a lightly used shotgun.

But as he carefully pried the gun from the mans hands he noticed something, cuts that ran across his hands, arms, and other places. He doesn't have much experience in this, but as he traces his hand across some of the wounds he can tell... It wasn't the fangs or claws of an animal, or something as devastating as being cut by the flying ice... It seems to be from consistent precise strokes of the same knife.

Rota let out a small sigh, the warmth of the goat finally kicking, then turned his attention back to the body. "This wasn't random attacking, it was calculated. I wonder...." he thought back to the story that Toshi had told him. A monster created to keep people away, one that might have been realer than the locals believed.
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm

The two continue on for just a bit longer before Rota stepped into dead air. The fierce wind that had tried unsuccessfully to toss him around for hours had come to an unlikely stop, like he'd stepped back out of the Silverpine. He walked forward a bit more before realizing Taro wasn't following after him.

Taro saw into this "eye" of the blizzard ahead of Rota, an impossibly tranquil existence contained within the storm. There was only a rather beautiful layer of untouched snow all around. Taking up most of its space was a breathtaking (Japanese style) mansion. A front gate was ahead, Taro could still see the tall buildings beyond it.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 2bb56554f187fb6442db1b87d2b16065
(You know the style, roughly whatever you want to imagine)

~Hiyashi Estate~

Rota could hear Taro shaking in sudden fear, though he didn't seem to take note of the structure ahead.

"Have you been here before?"

Taro shook his head "no". As he looks Rota's way, he makes out a flicker of movement in the mansions higher floor, causing him to jump back in surprised. When the wolf looked back, their was nothing.

"Well something's got them spooked..." Rota thought, Taro was to scared to go any further, but he didn't want to leave him behind. But he had a promise to keep. "Listen, I know you might be scared, but I'm looking for someone. If he's not here we'll leave. But I can't go until I'm sure. Okay?"

Taro makes a Willpower save...

Taro bravely stepped out of the blizzard, head held high, and went to Rota's side.

Suddenly, a nearby pine tree has reached its limit in snow, and a branch bends and lets some fall to the ground. The mere sound of the snow hitting the ground surprised Taro, and sent him into Rota's arms.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 8ef8987042fb98f270396e1eb0e0e0a2

"Boy you warmed up to me more than I thought." Rota remarked, not making much of it. He walked forward with Taro in his arms, feet calmly crunching in the snow.

Taro seemed to have to correct him on the gates entrance, when Rota had to stop short of the wall...

But he easily opened it, and stepped inside...and into large courtyard. Taro yelped, eyes wide in shock, and Rota didn't know why...Heading in a few steps.

TING

Rota's foot tapped against something, it was ice he could easily tell. His hand came up and felt the icey structure, taller then him, and only then seemed to realize...

Taro looked over the courtyard, which was filled with a variety of men coated in ice, frozen in different positions. Many expressions were angry or surprised, and in active poses. Some seemed to be disrobing for some reason...

Rota bounced between many of them, seemingly getting the full picture through this. When he reached the end, he slowly put Taro down.

"In the slightest sight of trouble I want you to run, understand?"

Taro looked back at him, slightly confused. Rota turned and continued on. He reached the wooden path along he edge of the next building. It creaked loudly, and Rota's head turned towards a screen door nearby. He approached, slid it open, and stepped inside with Taro...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her hair was down and an incredibly light blue, appearing mostly as white as the nearby snow. The kimono she wore was similar to her hair, but couldn't match the snow quite as well, much of it appearing bluer in the light. The kimonos's obi, the long sash holding the kimono together was a much darker blue, with lighter snowflakes printed on it. Her skin was fair and young.

She sat outside at another part of the mansion, an old garden of sorts. Some plant life still thrived, and seats were set up to sit here for pleasure.

A silver and black bird suddenly flies down, landing on a nearby structure.

---
~Silver Jay~
Like the gang wolf, another species that has managed to come about and survive in the Silverpine, another all but immune to the cold temperatures. Silver jay's have also grown to pack quite a bit of power in their small muscles, able to fly freely through the unruly blizzard winds. Their ability to survive in the Silverpine's blizzard environment is top notch.
---

The silver jay seemed to eye the young women curiously, before flying itself towards her. She seemed to lift her hand up in surprise, allowing the bird to calmly land on his wrist. Her kimono sleeves didn't hang down far like the furisode, the kimonos of unmarried women which have sleeves that often nearly reach the ground.

The silver jay looked back at the women, whose yellow eyes calmly peered back...

Suddenly ice appeared over the birds feet, and then its legs. Its wings came up in surprise, ready to flap away, but the rest of the body quickly froze. The frozen silver jay fell, landing on the women's lap...

~Yokai - Yuki-onna~
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu May 23, 2019 5:27 pm

The two traveled through the empty halls of the mansion, Taro, weary with each step, stuck close to Rota. The mansion was adorned with countless books and furnishings, each as expensive as one would believe a home of this stature to have. More room than any one person could use, plenty of pace for guests, and yet not a sight or sent from Taro could be found.

Eventually, though, as the two continued through the home, Taro picked something up. His ears perking upwards as he signaled Rota to follow. As they entered a new hall Rota started to pick up what he believed Taro was smelling. "Is that...tea?" A faint memory seeming to come to him as he recognized the sent.

"Is this really necessary?"

"No son of mine will live his life like a common tea drinker!"

If there was anything his father took more seriously than Martial Arts....it was tea. Rota, however, did not have time to distinguish what kind of tea it was before Taro began to stir. Up ahead was another door, and by the hair standing up from his neck, he did not think whatever was behind it to be friendly.

Rota placed a hand on top of Taro to calm him, then placed a finger to his own lips, signaling him to keep silent. He then pointed to the nearest corner, Taro understanding after a few seconds and quietly making his way around it. As Rota made his way to the door, Taro peaked around the corner just enough to see what was happening. Rota half turned his head and gave Taro a thumbs up before turning back and slowly opening the door.

Within the room was vast, several pantries adorning a fall wall and each filled with several bags of tea leaves. In the center of the room was but one table, and sitting several steps away from the hearth where a pot and kettle were set to boil, was the fair kimono wearing women, looking to be in her late teens. Taro looked back at the woman, staring into her seemingly emotionless gaze.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Db8a4e419d4adf041c3ff7cecf86c4bcb493b2c5266f7f689c358421b8a04ddf

It took a while before Taro realized that she was, in fact, staring right back at him. Sending a cold chill down the wolfs spine.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Tenor

Though, despite how odd this standoff was, Rota seemed to be oblivious to it, instead offering the woman and smile.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Images

"Pardon the intrusion"
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Empty Rika the Yuki-onna

Post by TheToonKing Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Taro gave his master a bit of a glare over his mood.

"So I did have guests..." the girl spoke with little inflection, "You'll have to wait a bit longer for tea."

She pointed gently towards the kettle, then seemed to have a thought...

"Actually, could you---" she froze as she realized something, eyes widening, and her sitting body turned away 90 degrees. Her arm raised, her kimono sleeve covering her mouth.  "N-No that'd be rude..."

~Snow Women - Rika~

Rota quickly scratched the back of his head and responded, "Well I did just enter you home uninvited, so I guess there's room for both us to be rude, huh?"
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Raw

Still looking away, Rika responded, "Ah, well I'm rather used to that..."

As she looked back her eyes locked onto Taro intently. The wolf quickly started to sweat...

"Can I pet your doggy?"

Taro Internally:
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 494

"I wouldn't..." Rota responded calmly.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 734e8e94161eece448d8d3695abdd46a

"He's got a bad case of fleas, makes him really uneasy."

Rika's head dipped somewhat, "Ah, I see..."

Abruptly, the pot on the hearth began to shake, causing Taro to jump. Rota and Rika just gave it a calm glance, before a bird shoots out of the contents, wings flapping. The silver jay, flapping its winds wildly and glancing around in surprise. It landed on the tea kettles handle.

Rota stood their silently, as the bird flies out the door. Then he chuckled.

"And here I thought I'd learned of all the tea brewing methods. Boy the old man is gonna have a field day with that one."

Rika glanced back in mild confusion, tilting her head somewhat. Then she seemed to realize, "...Ah."

"I was just unfreezing another bird..." she finished. She lifted her arm, her kimono sleeve sliding down her slender arm. "Anyone I touch has their warmth stolen away, and is frozen..."

Rota and Taro look back at her for a moment...

And Taro let out a "Oooooo!?"
Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Namian10
---
[Visual of Rika sitting, Taro rolled over, and her petting his stomach and freezing him solid.]
---

Last edited by TheToonKing on Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Much to Taro's surprise, Rota still walked deeper into the room, taking a seat opposite to the woman without a second thought. "But you still wanted to pet my dog, little dangerous, don't you think?" Rika, having realized it now, turned away 90 degrees again, covering her mouth with her sleeve.

"Oh, how rude of me." she paused for a moment, looking up and adding "Though, I do have some pots his size." From this Taro began to sweat nervously, though, after seeing Rota's unchanging expression, let out a small sigh. Against his better judgment he joined them in the room, sitting down beside Rota thought still weary of the woman.

Whiiiieeeee

The whistle of the pot alerted Rika, and she stood to attend to it, a small hint of cheer in her face. "You'll be my first guess to make it to tea." Rota thought back to the room prior, the ice statues that littered the mansion, but still went unchanged.

"Can’t see why, break from the blizzard, warm tea, kind host.” Rika seemed to sigh, looking away as she recounted.

"Always interested in... Other things I'm afraid." She reached out to pick up tea kettle, and as she does a drop of water materializes on her hand, and falls to the floor. Rota's ear twitches to the ever so slight sound, she picked up the kettle and quickly backs up from the hearth and towards a table with tea cups and tea bags at the ready. Rota, having heard the tale already, was blunt with his reply.

"You mean the treasure?"

Rika nodded her head.

"For instance." Rika poured a cup for each of them, lifting them with a tray and bringing them over to the table. "Once they've made it through the forest, they tend to declare anything they find here theirs...Gold, the mansion itself..." Rika fell silent, as though there were more but she dare not say it. There was a slight hint in here eyes, a sort of longing, perhaps. "Tea never seems to come to mind..."

Rota took in the aroma of the tea as he inhaled deeply “Seems like their loss, I haven’t had a good cup of tea since I left home.” Rota clasped his hands together, maybe to give his thanks. “My father would say that the best time to share a cup, was with a friend.” Rika placed her hand to her chest, deep in thought.

"Hmm... Maybe that's why I've never been able to...I've never been friends with anyone." Rika seemed to hold on to her robe tighter "All those men... Wanted to be far more then friends." her grip loosened, her eyes focusing on Rota. Despite having talked for so long, despite acknowledging each other....

"Yet I noticed... You don't even seem to look at me." Rota seemed to finally turn his head towards her, a light 'oh' escaping his lips before he bowed his head to her.

“Forgive me of that offends you. I know there are those who judge on appearance, but I’ve learned that actions speak louder.” Rota reached up, and slowly lifts the patch of hair that had obscured his face. Behind them revealing his eyes to give off a milky white shine.

“Though, I wouldn’t be able to look at anyone anyway.”
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Taro sat up, looking at Rota's eyes, having been oblivious. He raised a paw and waved it in front of Rota's face.

"I see." Rika said, suddenly turning away 90 degrees and covering her mouth, "The one offending was me...I didn't realize."

She turned back, looking into the eyes some more, "When did this happen?" slipped out, before she covered her mouth again, "Was that rude?"

Rota dismissed the idea with a wave of his hand. "Not at all. And, I assume since I was born. My father said he found me in a hole one day and I was already like this..."

A hand reached out and pet Taro, "If I had to guess, my parents didn’t want to deal with a blind child."

Rika's eyes widened and she felt she had to say...

"I'm sure that's not... Mm.." she pauses midway, awkwardly lifting her tea cup to her mouth and sipping. She suddenly spits out a spray of hot tea, surprising her two guests.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf R5QZg6f

Taro was especially bewildered, seeing the girls mouth and chin now melted away and dripping, as if it was made of ice. She seemingly tried to say something, but air just whistled out of the hole. Rika quickly stood and left the room...

-----------
-----------
A few minutes later she returned, her face back to normal. She gave a bow towards the two.

"Sorry for the interruption, I melted off my mouth again...I sometimes forget to let the tea cool."

"You're made of ice?" Rota asked back, somewhat bewildered. Rika nodded, and moments passed before she realized he couldn't see that...

"Yes."

"Cool." Rota responded, before covering his own mouth. "Pardon my expression."

"Ah," Rika perked up somewhat, "That's funny..." and she glanced off, " 'Cool'...I don't think I've ever heard anything funny before..."

Taro's eyes rolled slightly, groaning at the "joke". Rota finally reached for his cup, taking in the scent before speaking again. “Since were in the middle of sharing I was wondering, would you tell me your story?”

Rika pauses in thought...Her idle arm reached for her tea cup instinctively and raised it towards her mouth, though Rota's hand gently tugs her arm back down for her to realize.

"Well, I don't really have a story. I appeared here in this home...a long time ago, all alone. When I tried to leave, I couldn't make it out in the forest with doggies like this around." She paused, motioning towards Taro. "I always had to come back...Years later when I was strong enough to make it through, out of this blizzard...I started to melt."

Rota and Taro adjusted their seating, remaining quiet...

"Whenever the sun was on me, I'd start to melt away...And I'd hurry back to the ice and snow. It can replace my melted body. That's how I just got my mouth back."

"Does that count as a story...?"
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu May 23, 2019 8:18 pm

“It was a fine story,” said Rota as he took a sip of the tea. “And this is a fine brew”. There was a moment of silence, Rota gliding his finger atop the cup, a pleasing sound chiming from it.

“I thought I understood.” Rika arched a brow, looking to Rota with a confused look. “The blizzard, the storm, the treasure. I thought I knew what was happening, until I met you.”

Rika gave a cheerful smile "I thought I'd never get the chance to treat a guest to tea..." she paused, looking at up for a moment "Or..." She then stood up suddenly, surprising Taro a bit. "Could you bare with me just a moment? Theirs something I don't want to miss, could we move our tea drinking?" Rota didn't hesitate, rising from his seated position with cup in hand.

Rika turned, prepared to walk, but then turned back "Oh, I'm sorry, what was your name?"

"Oh, right." Rota extended a hand "I'm Rota."

"I'm Rika." Without much thought Rika reached out and took hold of Rota's hand. And within a few seconds of contact that hand turned blue, and a layer of frost began to sprout from it. Rika quickly released Rota in a shock, taking a step back from him.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" She turned around 180 degrees this time, continuing to apologize, though Rota didn't seem bothered by what had happened.

"I'll live" He transferred his cup to his now chilled hand, letting the warmth of it do its magic. “Just figured you could use a friendly touch.” Rika turned slightly towards Rota, a light blush appearing on her cheeks, and the new heat causing them to drip. She bowed her head, and soon the two would continue to make their way out of the room.

-----------------------

Eventually the two ended up outside "I'd always wanted to show someone... I know that you won't be able to see it but... Maybe you'll feel something like I do anyway..." Rika had her head tilted upwards, a gleam in her eyes as she stared towards something. "It's up there..." she said extending her arm upwards. Within the eye one could see the storm spiraling around the mansion, but, in the center one had a clear view of the sky. And on this night the stars were visible, as well as....

"I think it's the most beautiful thing in the world...the full moon ..." Rota happened to have turned his head up, and his blind eyes were now fixed on the full moon, his body suddenly starting to twitch. Rika looked back at Rota, her head tilted slightly. Something unwrapped from his waist... A silver tail that matched his head...

Taro looked up at Rota, confused, something didn't feel right, and slowly he began to back away. He watched closely, noting that Rota seemed to be getting...bigger?

The coat Rota had taken fell off his shoulders...and his eyes went blank, And the tea cup fell, shattering.

He’d never felt this before, an unexplainable static that roared in his head, pushing away his thoughts, drowning his mind within itself. He could feel it slipping, as his body convulsed, as his concept of self slipped away.

With what little he had left, he uttered a single word.

“R-run!”

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf DopeySeriousGrison-small
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Empty The Oozaru

Post by TheToonKing Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Instead Rika stepped towards him, instinctively reaching out, "What's wrong---"

Taro ran between them, his instincts going wild, as he lifted himself onto his hind legs and pushed Rika back with both paws. Rota's body started to rock, and it seemingly began expanding. His muscles started to tear through his clothing as his entire body grew and grew. The satchel he had at his waste fell to the snowy ground.

Rika and Taro turned and began to ran, as the growing Rota's bare body started to be covered in a coat of silver fur.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf WellmadeUltimateBordercollie-max-1mb

His face became more and more feral, until it shifted away from its human features and into something else entirely..

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf 25b835928c7d916f3f5f48d85b1425194bc628ec_hq

Taller and taller he grew, into a massive gorilla like monster, completely silver in color...

-----------
-----------

Taro and Rika were rushing through the estate, eventually coming ending up back outside from another exit. Taro looked back and up, jaw dropping as he shook heavily in shock. Rika looked on with surprised eyes as well, covering her mouth.

Towering over the estate walls was the giant tailed gorilla, a great ape.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Latest?cb=20111124230446

It seemed to look around for a moment...before leaning its head back and roaring fiercely. One giant foot raised, and slammed back down on the edge of one of the estates buildings, blasting it apart. Both fists started to rapidly slam into the ground, shaking the ground beneath their feet to the point Rika lost her balance and fell.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf XPEb3pa

Without reason the great ape flung its limbs at any and all nearby structure, before pounding away at the rubble as well...

As the ground eventually split, a shine caught the monsters eye, the glint of gold...And the great ape opened its mouth and a massive wave of energy blasted out and into the split, ripping the ground apart in an intense explosion.

Journey to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai III: Trek of the White Wolf Tumblr_pnx6ipLEPr1s15h3qo1_500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Nothing, that was all he could remember, a pitch black nothingness that shrouded him for who knew how long. The only thing he could feel was a chill that covered his body, a soothing relief to the pounding that was happening in his head. Rota let out a small groan, his body sluggish at first as he attempted to prop himself up from the floor.

His surroundings matched his current state, with buildings all around him having been demolished, smoldering from a fire that had engulfed it. And Rota, now standing with his tail swaying side to side, had been laying in what could only be described as a giant footprint in the snow. "What...What happened?" he wondered, though any attempt to remember came up with a blank.

"What the hell happened!?" Though echoing his thoughts, those words did not come from Rota. It was from another man, one surrounded by other equally confused men.

Rika stood with her mouth covered, Taro having placed himself around her defensively as the men surrounded them. Some appeared burnt slightly while all were also dripping, pieces of ice falling off their bodies. These were, in fact, the men that had been frozen in place, now free from their icy prisons.

"Where's the fortune?" One man demanded to know.

"You don't get it? It's gone! Destroyed with everything else! By whatever freed us!" Another man yelled, shaking the first.

"Y-You guys didn't see? It was a massive monster! It shot beams from its mouth!!" A third added, trembling from the sight he'd witnessed the night before. But as the crowed murmured among each other, one man had a different question.

"Who the hell are all of you anyway?" they all looked to him, then in perfect unison pointed a thumb to themselves.

"I'M THE ONE WHO FOUND THE UDON FORTUNE, EVERYTHING HERE WAS MINE!!"

The crowed continued to argue, that is, until they all slowly took note of who was mixed in with them. Rika, staring back at them with wide eyes, they all remembered her....fondly....

Taro roared, some men beginning to take slow steps towards them. ""Well you'd better believe I'm gonna take what's left of the treasure !!" Rota had heard it all, luckily the men argued long enough for him to clear the fog of his mind. He ran as fast as he could until he was between the men and Rika, holding his hands out. "Enough!" he called out to them, the men seeming to fall into silence.

Rika looked to Rota with wide eyes, her eyes slowly drifting down for a moment before her cheeks turned a light shade of red. She turned around 90 degrees "Oh my..." she said covering he face.

"Some kid? Put some clothes on!!"

"Out of our way! One of us is getting this bounty!!"

"After all we've been through!"

"What you've been through doesn't matter now, you're all free from your prisons and got a second chance!" Rota lowered his arms, and extended one outwards. "Now, you can choose to leave here, and take it or...." He then lowered his stance, much to many's surprise. Taro too joined him, standing beside Rota and baring his fangs.

"Or you can try your luck a second time," Many seemed to arched a brow at the naked child seeming to be challenging them all. "Besides, who knows when that monster will be back?" Rota added with a slight grin. Though he had no idea what monster they were walking about, they certainly seemed to, and he hoped to take advantage of that.

Though, after a pause, that didn't seem to pan out like he'd hoped.

"Tch, stupid brat... We didn't come all this way, survive all of this, for nothing!"

"Now we're gonna get exactly what we deserve!!"

The crowd roars with approval, and one lifts a burning hunk of building like a torch, and charges Rota. Rota took up a sudden stance, only for a wave of cold blue aura to shoot past him and impact the man right before reaching him. He was knocked back, frosted over with his mouth agap and hair frozen back into spikes.

Rota and Taro turned back in surprise, Rika standing with both hands raised.

Her face, usually calm when not flustered, was now filled with determination, only for her eyes to drift down slightly and another blush forming. Rota could feel her back up behind him, back to back. "I can't have them hurting my first proper guest..." for a moment her face turned back to her usual expression, realizing something. "Oh... Is it rude to ask you to help me clean up?"

Rota didn't have much time to answer as the men all rushed.
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Fri May 24, 2019 12:51 am

Initiate Battle!
--------------
Initiative Order
--------------
Taro (15)
Light Villagers A (13)
Light Villagers B (10)
Rika (5)
Heavy Villagers (5)
Rota (4)
Medium Villagers (3)

Rota (Lv. 2 / 70 HP / 110 KP / 6 AP)
Taro (Lv. 1 / 20 HP / 35 KP / 2 AP)
Rika (Lv. 2 / 76 HP / 107 EP / 5 AP)
Vs
Light Villagers A (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Light Villagers B (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Medium Villagers (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)
Heavy Villagers (Lv. ? / ?? HP / ?? EP / ? AP)

Taro's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next