The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity - Page 4 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

Post by Natsu Fury Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:01 am

Arashi looked up and saw the culprits responsible for the damage to his arm. It was a group of minor but still armed Androids. Arashi didn't appreciate getting showered by lasers. So he ran right for them hoping to pay them back for their hospitality. He swung his left leg hoping to decapitate two out of the five but they leaped back almost effortlessly. “Dang, almost had em.”
Arashi attempts a kick but misses!

Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity - Page 4 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:19 am

The Kyuukonman tried to take advantage of Arashi’s momentary frustrations, but didn’t get that far. It leapt at Arashi, claws extended, but Arashi quickly began to back off, pushing the beast’s arm away as he did so. Arashi eyed all of his opponents defiantly, when suddenly, Kigo and Nero began to move…!?

Kyuukonman attacks Arashi, but misses!
------------------------
Engage Battle!

Initiative Order
----------------
Big Sentry (17)
Saibaman (17)
Horde of 5 (9)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman (3)

Stat Block (Lv. / HP / KP / ... / AP)
-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 102 HP / 138 KP / 0 AP)
Big Sentry (Lv. 2 / 94 HP / 99 KP / 3 AP)
Kyuukonman (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 2 AP)
Saibaman (Lv. 1 / 32 HP / 28 KP / 3 AP)
Horde of 5 (25 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
Zerg Rush (1d6+5 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+5 damage on hit)

Round two start!
Suddenly…!?
---------------
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 am

A minute earlier....

Kigo and Nero watched Arashi as he eagerly jumped into what looked like an uphill battle. “So there's another big guy running around, followed by five smaller droids, and they're all backed up by two more of those plant men...” Kigo observed. He grit his teeth as he considered their odds.

“Looks like this one's going to be another slugfest, Nero,” Kigo concluded. Nero examined the situation a bit more closely. “It doesn't need to be,” the android said. Kigo looked over to him questioningly. He explained, “If we can take out that larger droid first like I did with Arashi, then I believe handling the rest of them will be much easier.” Kigo agreed, but wondered how they'd be able to swiftly dispatch it.

Remembering what Nero had done a while earlier, an idea hatched in his mind. “Hey, Nero. Do you still think you can belt out another one of those Chaos Afterburner things?” Kigo asked, to which the android affirmed. “In that case, then... I'll smash it and send it flying with my Meteor Hammer, and you take it out in the air with your Afterburner,” Kigo finished.

Nero analyzed the hypothetical for a few seconds, and nodded his head affirmatively. “It should work, but I'll need a little time to charge,” he informed his companion. “Leave it to me,” Kigo assured him.

The Kyuukonman had just finished trying to tear off Arashi's face, and the Big Sentry was hunkering down on the ground, preoccupied with preparing its next move to notice them. If anything, this was the perfect time to seize their opportunity. Nodding to one another, both of them set out from their hiding spot...
----------------
SURPRISE ROUND!
Kigo and Nero pass their Concealment checks!

----------------
Kigo seemingly materialized out of thin air just before the Big Sentry, which almost drew its head back in what could have been surprise. “Heya!” Kigo shouted, jumping up in its face and headbutting it. It hadn't planted itself in the dirt yet, so it easily drifted back.

“Here we go!” the human yelled, chasing after his target. Nero popped in behind Kigo, with purple energy crackling all around him. Its wild flashing grew more tame and focused as he directed all of his attention toward the Big Sentry.
----------------
Kigo initiated a team attack with Nero! Both launch their respective Signature Techniques, Meteor Hammer and Chaos Afterburner!
----------------
His purpose was clear, create an opening for Nero to finish the job. In theory, it sounded like a piece of cake, but he knew better. Not only did he have to buy Nero time, he had to wear the damn thing down enough so Nero could defeat it. As he closed the distance, the Big Sentry readjusted itself, recovering from his prior headbutt. Plates wildly swung open as steam hissed out its back. It began winding up for a charge, and drew one of its hands back. Anticipating that it was going in for a lunge punch, Kigo tensed his body.

The power that welled deep inside him shaped itself into an invisible force that notably distorted the air around him. He closed his eyes briefly, and sharply inhaled. The gears and joints from the Big Sentry whirred and clicked as both its body and arm sliced through the wind, charging with enough momentum to topple an entire forest.

Kigo's eyes shot open, and he curved himself deeper within the Sentry's reach, placing him far beyond its strike. It only just seemed to realize its mistake as Kigo brought up a palm strike underneath its cast iron jaw, sending its head back.

Clenching both hands, Kigo dug into his target with his fists, throwing all sorts of combinations at it. He poured on the power as punches and kicks delved into its armor, leaving it with no room to put up any kind of defense. It couldn't even register what it was being hit with, much less try to predict the human's next move.

The onslaught continued, with Kigo eventually forcing the Sentry back into one of the trees. The tree, which was an enormous evergreen, gave a creak as it lurched from the Big Sentry being thrown into it. Only then was it able to put up some kind of guard in the second's delay it took for Kigo to close the distance. In response, Kigo ducked down. Putting up the guard was futile; all at once, Kigo surged upwards, breaking through its defense with a single knee. The tree behind gave way and plummeted to the ground with a deafening crash.

The Big Sentry's arms were thrown completely up, chest wide open for the finishing blow. It braced itself for the final impact, but...it never came. Not from the front, anyway.

Feeling that the Big Sentry was ready for the finishing touch, Kigo strafed around it, completely taking its rear. Once again he ducked low, but this time, he clasped both hands together, and clenched them tight against one another. “Gonna need two hands for this one!” the human said with a smirk. Moving as if he were a major league batter, he swung with all his might into the robot. The armor plating warped completely, even shredding outward as Kigo's two great hammers slammed into its back.

At first, its feet were just lifting off the ground... and then the Big Sentry was torn away from the dirt, finding itself becoming more acquainted with the sky as it spun through at a velocity that would have put most roller coasters to shame.
----------------
Kigo successfully lands his Meteor Hammer, dealing a whopping 63 damage to the Big Sentry! (Big Sentry HP 94 → 31) (Kigo KP 39 → 12)
----------------
With the Big Sentry sent flailing in the air, Kigo turned about and shouted to Nero: “Nero, now!” The atmosphere was choked with the pulsating intensity Nero's aura was giving off. His limiters removed, Nero trained his line of fire at the Big Sentry. All at once the purple aura that danced around Nero now exploded into a crimson gold, sparks flickering madly all about him.

Orbs of light once again built up in his palms, the familiar sensation of heat caressing his arms. Within moments, he was ready to fire.

Silence befell those who witnessed this spectacle. Feverish flapping of wings could be heard as birds desperately tried to escape the area, but they were drowned out by the words that followed next:

“Chaos.....Afterburner!!!”

As the words left his lips, a bright luminescent light burst from his hands, nearly blinding all those present. The earth caved under the enormous pressure of Nero's attack, and the shockwave was powerful enough to topple a few trees in the surrounding radius. Both Kigo and Arashi found themselves crouching low to the ground, wary of being swept away in the windstorm the colossal blast generated.

The Big Sentry was swallowed whole in this bright light. Inside its cranium, motors whirred frantically and chips beeped feverishly as it calculated any possible means of survival, but could find none; its armor plating, which was tough enough to withstand any devastating bomb blast, was ripped asunder as though it were paper.

It was vaporized instantly.

A large explosion hatched in the wake of the Big Sentry's destruction, causing the energy from Nero's hands to stop streaming. Nero kept a stoic demeanor up til the smoke and light had cleared away. Kigo dusted himself off, whistling in amazement at how well-executed Nero's move was. Arashi was slack-jawed at the incredible teamwork his teammates had just shown off; that was just awesome!

The two plant men were also slack-jawed, but for different reasons. The big gun which they'd been running had been taken out almost instantly by these two new arrivals. Now, they had to contend with them. They trembled; more than likely experiencing fear for the first time in their short lives.

The horde of robots, much like Nero, merely maintained a cold expression, analyzing and re-configuring their tactics. Nero looked to the rest of the battle with Kigo, and uttered only one word.

“Next.”
----------------
Nero hits his mark with Chaos Afterburner; the Big Sentry critically fails to endure and takes 33 damage! The Big Sentry is destroyed! Nero takes 2 damage as a result of Backblast! (Big Sentry HP 31 → 0) (Nero HP 86 → 84; CP 66 → 53)
----------------
Surprise Round Over!
Saibaman's turn!

Last edited by TheMelon93 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 am

Yet again, a Saibaman was struck speechless by the attack of Team Nero. It soon recovered from its shock, and leapt at Kigo with a defiant screech. However, much like many before it, the green plant man quickly slammed into the ground below him, its attack missing and leaving it wide open for a counterattack…

Saibaman attacks Kigo, but the attack misses!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 am

Kigo danced away from the Saibaman, putting up a defensive posture. Appraising the creature as it stumbled up on its feet, he figured that his next target had been decided for him, and opted to go in for an attack himself. He weaved back and forth, stepping in tandem with a rhythm all his own.

Hypnotized by his footwork, the Saibaman’s eyes followed him, not paying attention to an elbow suddenly enlarging in front of its face. Its head lurched forward, eyes bulging from their sockets as Kigo struck dead center in its chest.

“Ree!?!” the little green man wheezed out.

It went tumbling to the ground, rolling in a nice mesh of brambles and ivy. Kigo readjusted himself, eyeing the Saibaman for its response.
----------------
Kigo attacks the Saibaman with an elbow, dishing out 13 damage! (Saibaman HP 32 → 19)
----------------
Click.

Kigo turned his head at the sound, seeing that the horde of robots that had previously surrounded Arashi were now beginning to circle around him. All aimed their hands at him. Without warning, red and orange bullets cascaded from their palms. Kigo’s reflexes took over as he skipped and pirouetted through the hailstorm that flew at him.

There didn’t seem to be an end to the bullets any time soon, and Kigo couldn’t keep dodging forever. Continuing his evasion, he advanced to his right. Seeing a sizable boulder, he escaped over it and took shelter there. Even as he hid behind the rock, the bombardment showed no signs of faltering.

“You know you guys don’t have to keep firing solely on my account, right?!” Kigo yelled out half-jokingly, half-seriously. The fire only intensified, forcing him to shirk further into his hiding spot.
----------------
Horde of 5 trains their Blaster Fire on Kigo, but all of them miss!
----------------
Nero’s turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:44 am

Nero looked towards the horde of lesser droids,

"best to take them out first..." Nero decided. the less numbers they had to face, the better.

with that Nero dashed ahead, bringing his arm back as he did so. the horde stood ready, but before they could react Nero was already infront of them. Nero thrust his arm forwards, his fist colliding with the metal torso of one of the droids, the impact knocking it into the rest of the horde

Nero attempts to punch the horde, a hit!! 8 damage!! horde HP 25 -> 17

Arashi's turn!!
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 am

With the group of droids being brought down in number it was a prime time Arashi finish them off! He used the distance he had gained to ignite a proper running start. His right fist cocked back as he took aim and leaped straight for them! However it seemed that Nero's last attack had put them on high alert. Arashi's were no longer easy prey. The remaining survivors either side stepped or flipped just out of reach. Not wanting to risk another powerful attack connecting they continue to hop backwards.
"Would you guys just hold still!"

Arashi attempts to Punch Out the Horde but falls short!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:47 am

Yet again, the Kyuukonman struck out at Arashi while he was lamenting a failed attack. Arashi once again turned his head, and the yellow beast screeched in frustration as its attack missed. It glared at Arashi with an animalistic growl, wanting to avenge the robots that had been felled…

Kyuukonman attacks Arashi, but misses!
------------------------
Engage Battle!

Initiative Order
----------------
Saibaman (17)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman (3)

-----------
Nero (Lv. 2 / 84 HP / 53 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 58 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
Kyuukonman (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 2 AP)
Saibaman (Lv. 1 / 19 HP / 28 KP / 3 AP)
Horde of 5 (17 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
Round three start!
Saibaman’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 am

Their incessant firing halted thanks to his comrades, Kigo leaped out from behind the boulder and jumped back into the fray. His eyes darted around for a target to lock down on. Once again, his next mark had decided itself for him as the Saibaman, having recovered from his attack, hurdled itself toward him. Its claws were drawn back, spread wide open to grab at him.

Kigo skirted around it, but it rebounded off the dirt, going in for another swipe at him. Its face went wild with glee as it looked like the human had been caught off guard...
----------------
The Saibaman tries to attack Kigo, but misses! It uses an AP for another attempt, but misses again! (Saibaman AP 3 → 2)
----------------
...but Kigo, ever sharp, stopped himself midstep, and raised his leg for a kick, breaking right into the Saibaman's jaw. It sailed through the air, rolling through the loamy dirt underneath. Bruised, but not beaten, the Saibaman scurried back up to its feet, hissing at Kigo. It coiled around him, its malice-filled eyes boring straight through him.
----------------
Kigo kicks the Saibaman for 9 damage! (Saibaman HP 19 → 10)
----------------
The Saibaman grabbed more of his attention than he would have thought, as a familiar click echoed behind him. Before he could even turn to react, a hail of bullets crashed into him all at once. Sneering, the little green man ran off, leaving Kigo to fend off the robots that were now firing on him. Luckily for him, he managed to reinforce his defenses, allowing him to weather the attack much better than the last one that hit him.
----------------
Horde of 3 (originally 5) uses their Blaster Fire on Kigo; Kigo endures, taking only half damage! (8 → 4) (Kigo HP 58 → 54)
----------------
Smoke kicked up all over, forming into a fog that choked the forest. Amid the confusion, Kigo managed to weave through the pellets as they steadily grew sloppier. The way he'd been sustaining damage up til now was beginning to worry him. If they didn't finish this soon, he wasn't sure if his stamina was going to hold out til they'd completed their mission...
----------------
Nero's turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 am

Nero lept back into action, attempting to continue the assualt on the horde of droids. as he closed the meager distance between them the droids took notice, and despite his best efforts. the droids weaved away from every punch Nero threw.

Nero attempts to punch the horde, a miss!!

Arashi's turn!!
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:57 am

This dance was starting to become tiresome to say the least. Ever since they had arrived arashi hadn't been able to land one hit on those elusive droids. They continued to remain on their ironclad toes, ready to avoid any assault from whichever direction it may come. They have been especially cautious around Arashi and his boxing antics. This particular boy however was as persistent as they were quick on their feet. Arashi pointed at the remaining and shouted in frustration “One of you is getting wrecked by the end of this! I guarantee it”. The droids just looked on in complete silence after that declaration of war.

It was time for a change of strategy and Arashi knew just what to try. Slowly he lowered his arms forward until they had reached a ninety degree angle. As this process was taking place Arashi had been also bending his knees and lifting the back of heels. If these droids wanted to play catch Arashi was more than ready to accommodate them. As if they were springs masquerading as legs Arashi’s feet dug into the ground, right before pushing against it and sending Arashi rocketing right at the Droid standing at the center. If the Droid had emotions it would be astonished by how quickly his target had closed the distance. The muscles in Arashi’s left arm tensed up from the power built up. Arashi raised his that hoping to land an uppercut and though his speed had increased the droid was more than ready for him. It bounce to it’s right effectively avoiding the punch by just an inch!

Arashi tries to get a punch in but falls just short of his target!

“So close! Just a little more!”
Arashi kept up the pressure but creeping behind him was the lone Kyuukonman. Desperate to claim its first victim of the day! It sprinted towards his unguarded back on all fours like a wolf on the hunt. The yellow beast slammed it’s front claws against the ground and launched at Arashi. It seemed to laugh as he flew towards it’s prey! It had seen that the tailed teen couldn’t hit a target if it was rooted to the ground! It raised both it’s claws ready to tear into him. When suddenly Arashi moved forward attempting to land a punch on his enemy. The Kyuukonman tried to grab onto Arashi’s bare back but end up up swiping at nothing but air just before face planting on the ground.
“Get back here!”

Kyuukonman tries to attack Arashi but . . . . . no such luck

The Kyuukonman quickly raised it’s head from the ground. It growled as it wiped the dirt from it’s face. Having cleaned up it’s face it looked straight ahead, seeing a very peeved looking Arashi trying his hand at three on one combat. The Kyuukonman however was just as annoyed. “SCHREEEEE!!!” It let out an ear splitting war cry as it charged straight for Arashi with reinforced determination and eyes burning with anticipation! It leaped right at Arashi’s skull, hoping to finish what started!

“Would you please WAIT YOUR TURN!” Arashi shouted as he turned around with his right fist turned sideways! In one swift he lift his fist from the waist and shot out a three quarter uppercut! The combined momentum from the Kyuukonman’s jump and Arashi’s punch came together to bring forth devastating damaging to the yellow monster’s jaw!

Kyuukonman pays one AP to attack again. But critically fails due to a natural 1
Arashi on the other hand rolls a Natural 20! He hits with a free Counter punch and dealing a crippling 32 damage!
(Kyuukonman’s HP 36>4; AP 2>1)

As if that weren't enough, Arashi's fist sent the creature flying, whirling madly off the ground. Its jaw flapped dangerously through the wind as its body twisted in the air, all while a painful shriek clawed out from its throat. Until finally falling back toward earth and landing on the back of it’s head! It laid on the ground writhing in agony from the pain pulsating from it’s jaw. It tried to get up but it only succeed in making itself feel worse.
Minus 4 to Kyuukonman's movement and reflex!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 am

As the first Kyuukonman screeched in agony still at its grevious injury to its leg, there was a rustling among the forest. All eyes turned towards t he tree line as several more metal soldiers and one more yellow plant man came to aid the remaining fighters. Needless to say, it definitely didn’t look good with all that backup now, but Team Nero wasn’t about to give up yet!
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Saibaman (17)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)
Kyuukonman A (-1)

-----------
Nero (Lv. 2 / 84 HP / 53 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 54 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
Kyuukonman A (Lv. 1 / 4 HP / 25 KP / 1 AP) [Crippled | Legs, Movement/Reflex is treated as -1]
Saibaman (Lv. 1 / 10 HP / 28 KP / 2 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
Horde of 8 A (40 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14
Zerg Rush (1d6+8 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+8 damage on hit)
Horde of 8 B (40 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 2 AP)
Round four start!
Horde of 8 B’s turn!

Last edited by SSJRandomMaster on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 am

The sounds of fighting continued even through the fog. He couldn't tell what was going on with the other two, but he guessed that they were no closer to finishing their fights than he was. He looked around for the Saibaman, wondering where it had scurried off to. He didn't have to search long as he heard skittering across the dirt.

“Trying to make a hit and run, huh...?” Kigo muttered. He kept still, listening for the scraping the Saibaman's claws made against the ground. His persistence paid off as the creature suddenly lunged out at him, magically popping out from the clouds of smoke surrounding them. He expertly swung out of its trajectory...
-------------------------
Saibaman attempts to swipe at Kigo but misses!
...and tried to lash back out with an attack of his own. Unfortunately, he slightly misjudged the distance, and his roundhouse kick swung him around further than he would have liked. The Saibaman escaped completely unharmed. “Whoa!” Kigo uttered in surprise. Not a good sign. His own body weight was starting to throw him around. Deep within the trees, his near-miss was received with cackling. The plant man was mocking him, clearly trying to get under his skin.
Kigo tries to retaliate with a kick, but barely misses!
The damage he had accumulated thus far was starting to catch up to him, and it wouldn't be long before his enemies caught onto that fact. His unconscious habit of letting his guard down certainly had a hand in his current state.

Click.

...Speaking of which, his inattention once more led to him being surrounded. The horde that had fired on him only moments ago was already aiming down at him. Though he was a bit faster on the uptake, his reflexes weren't quite as sharp this time; he could only guard against the second hail of beams that blasted at him. “C'mon, Kigo, keep focused...! Focus...!” Kigo repeated to himself. Uttering his mantra gave him a resilience that withstood the bullets. He could still feel the sting of every graze and tear they left on his body, though.
----------------------------
Horde of 3 (originally 5) trains their Blaster Fire on Kigo; Kigo successfully endures, taking only half damage! (13 → 6) (Kigo HP 54 → 48)
----------------------------
All the same, it buried him in another avalanche of smoke, shrouding the battlefield in an ashen gray. The smell of gunpowder littered the air. Kigo heaved a sigh of relief as it seemed they'd finally run the meter on their firing.

Tired of being used as target practice, Kigo moved to his left, hoping to catch the robots off guard at some point.

Nero's turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 am

Nero opted to continue his assault on the Horde regardless of his recent failure, he brought his arm back, pumping energy into his arm as it began to emit a slight purple glow...however despite Nero's best efforts he lost his grip on the energy, and it fizzled out before he could do anything with it.

Nero attempts to punch the horde with a +4 punch, but fails the manipulation check!!

Arashi's turn!!
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 am

Arashi dusted his face off and looked towards the new group of Droids.  His patients was beginning to wear very thin after that last surprise attack. He raise his right hand and aimed it at the downed Kyuukonman. A basketball sized orb of green light began to form infront of his hand. Like a bullet being shot out of a barrel it flew toward the Yellow creature. It tried to move but to no avail. It was instantly engulfed in the explosion that followed the impact, leaving nothing but ash behind!

Arashi fires off a basic Ki Blast and hits his mark! Kyuukonman takes 17 damage!
Kyuukonman (HP 4>0) Arashi (KP 138>134)

Arashi winded up his right arm, clearly aching a bit from the recoil of the blast.
"I should really practice that more often"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 am

Kyuukonman B screeched in utter anguish at the sight of its crippled friend getting blasted to death by Arashi, and rushed at him in a blind rage. Perhaps too blind, for its clawed hand only succeeding in raking the tree’s bark nearest to Arashi while Arashi almost nonchalantly moved out of the way after backing off for a bit.

Kyuukonman B attacks Arashi, but misses completely!
Horde of 8 A’s turn!

Nero, for whatever reason, wasn’t quite on guard. His head turned suddenly as he heard the sound of blasters being trained on him, and he turned, his foot scraping awkwardly along the ground for some reason as he did so. Nero, eyes widening for exactly one half-second, quickly raised his arms, but it wasn’t effective at shielding him from the onslaught of blaster fire that shot at him, smoke being kicked up from the attack…

Horde of 8 A attacks Nero, Nero moving incorrectly and taking 28 damage, a critical hit! (Nero HP 84 -> 56)
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Saibaman (17)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 95 HP / 134 KP / 0 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 56 HP / 50 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 48 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
Saibaman (Lv. 1 / 10 HP / 28 KP / 2 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 2 AP)
Round five start!
-------------------------------------
Horde of 8 B’s turn!

“Nero!” Kigo shouted, but that was the least of his worries. Quickly, Kigo’s head turned, only to find himself once again being barraged with blaster fire. Kigo winced, injuries now becoming more and more of a pain for him as he struggled to remain standing, eventually collapsing to one knee in momentary exhaustion, exhaustion which the heavily injured green man sought to take advantage of…

Horde of 8 B attacks Kigo with Blaster Fire, inflicting 18 damage! (Kigo HP 48 -> 30)
Saibaman’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 am

Pain was surging through every part of Kigo's body. Those androids were getting sharper with every barrage he was subjected to; that last attack had just barely missed hitting any vital spots, even with his guard up. “Gh... I can't keep absorbing all this damage...” Kigo said aloud. “Am I going to...” his thoughts faltered for a moment.

Drifting to the hostages they had rescued, he remembered how relieved... no, elated they had been at being saved. Remembering this, he steeled himself, marked resolution burning in his eyes. Kigo firmly declared to himself, “No! Don't even think about that! There's still people that need saving!”

Although his pace was sluggish, he knew he had to keep moving. Meanwhile, the Saibaman was screeching at a different target. Arashi, who had just finished giving a send-off to the Kyuukonman and gracefully weaved through another assault from the robot horde. It leaped at him, laughing as it tried to swipe away at its face, but Arashi responded by leaping out of the way. The Saibaman rebounded off the ground and back into the woods, recovering rather quickly from its failed attack.
----------------------
The Saibaman attacks Arashi, and misses!
----------------------
Creeping around the woods like a predator, the Saibaman saw Kigo, and more importantly, how weakened he was. Sneering, it moved to pay the human back for the pain he had caused it. Kigo wheeled around, watching it scurry toward him at breakneck speed. Gritting his teeth, he bellowed out as he drove a fist into its face. Its weight forced its whole frame down to the ground, which caused its head to explode upon impact. What remained of the Saibaman only twitched weakly, its attack cut completely short.
----------------------
Despite the Saibaman burning an AP to attack once more, Kigo makes a critical dodge against the Saibaman's attack, landing a free Counter! He deals 11 damage, killing the Saibaman! (Saibaman AP 2 → 1; HP 10 → 0)
----------------------
Having finally finished the pesky annoyance, his ragged breaths ran free. He had no time to indulge in a brief repose, however; heavy footfalls caught his ear, and he looked up. Several robots were making a beeline for him, their formation centered on subduing him. His legs tried to move, but he could only barely manage to stand.  His arms swayed up in an attempt to throw a punch, but his arms throbbed as his hands balled into fists.
----------------------
Kigo tries to attack the Horde of 5, but misses (technically) !
----------------------
“Nguh!” Kign painfully grunted. At long last, it appeared that the damage was coming out all at once. Retaliation was out of the question; he had to defend himself. He pulled his arms back, forming a tight guard over his chest and head. The first robot slammed into him with a loud thud. He could hear the machinery work away at breaking through his defense.

Its compatriots followed suit, compounding on the force. Kigo couldn't contain them all in his weakened state, and went tumbling to the ground. He convulsed and twitched, coughing as he struggled to get his breath back. He had managed to avoid taking any more significant damage, but his arms had gone numb from the block...
----------------------
Horde of 5 uses Zerg Rush on Kigo, who manages to Endure, dealing 3 damage! (Kigo HP 30 → 27)
----------------------
Despite taking this much damage, he still somehow forced himself to his feet. Kigo grit his teeth, glaring at the enemy in front of him. Words he could have said to them were expressed in the fierce vigor of his stance, held up by a body that refused to stay down.
----------------------
Nero's turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 am

Nero stood in the cloud of dust, shaking a bit. he could feel the pain from the blaster shots all over, but it seemed he was mostly still intact..

figuring he needed to retaliate quickly, he leaped out of the dust cloud in the direction the shots had come from, bringing his leg down in an attempt to catch the droids off guard.

however, all he did was crash against the empty ground as the droids darted away from his attack.

Nero attempts to kick Horde of 8 A, a miss.

Arashi's turn!!
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:25 am

Arashi runs up to the party of Droids that is the group of eight! He leaps into the air with one foot raised and comes hurtling down on top of the group. “Going down!”
Without skipping a beat the group of eight scattered just in time to avoid the strike! Arashi crashed into the ground, kicking up dust and making a small crater. Once the dust settled Arashi looked and around and quickly noticed that he was surrounded.
“Just try it ya glorified science projects!”

Arashi tries to land a kick but misses!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:27 am

Kyuukonman B watched as the group refused to give up, keeping its bloodthirsty eyes on Arashi specifically as it lunged forward, trying to cut the boy’s face. Arashi backed up, just barely avoiding getting the claw to the chest. However, the Kyuukonman wasn’t done, flipping forward and trying to kick down on Arashi’s shoulders. This attack was dodged in a similar fashion. The Kyuukonman, like many of its brothers before, screeched in frustration at being unable to maul its target.

Kyuukonman B attacks Arashi, but misses completely! He tries again (AP 2 -> 1), to no success!
Horde of 8 A’s turn!

The horde of machines, however, felt no emotion, and it showed, each turning towards the other before training their sights on Kigo. This time, however, Kigo was more than ready for them, easily weaving between the attacks this time.

“I’m not your target practice anymore!” Kigo shouted.

Horde of 8 A attacks Kigo, but Kigo manages to dodge!
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 95 HP / 134 KP / 0 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 56 HP / 50 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 27 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14
To Hit 14, To Dodge 14 -2
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 1 AP)
Round six start!
Horde of 8 B’s turn!

As if responding to Kigo’s statement, the other horde of robots that had freshly arrived instead began to charge Arashi en masse, hoping to catch the boy off guard. However, the boy merely took up a boxing stance, hopping between the bots, which seemed to get clumsier for some reason as they approached.

Spotting a weakness, Arashi hopped, his feet leaving the ground completely. He then executed a perfect spin kick, taking out no less than four of the droids entirely and damaging a fifth, knocking it aside. As the remaining bit of the group began to come together, Arashi looked around, nodding.

Horde of 8 B attacks Arashi with Zerg Rush, but Arashi counters with a basic kick due to scoring a nat 20 on Reflex, inflicting 21 damage! (Horde of 8 B HP 40 -> 19)
Kigo’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:37 am

After finally managing to evade the mechanical horde's assault for once, his legs began bouncing up and down. He was warming himself back up, finally feeling his rhythm come back. Kigo's rasping steadied itself, growing back into calm breaths. Having recovered a slight bit of stamina, the human decided that it was time for some payback, and moved to engage the horde.

They raised their arms to halt his advance, but it was no use. Willpower was an incredible thing to witness in action, and Kigo was dripping with it in this exchange. He stretched his foot out, forming into a diving kick. Two of the robots were completely impaled on his leg, and he didn't stop until they all crashed into a tree.

He kicked off of their shells, which slumped back on the evergreen as their power ebbed away. “Not going to lie... that felt pretty good,” Kigo said, clearly indulging in a moment of pride.
--------------------------
Kigo attacks the Horde of 5, dealing 12 damage! (Horde of 5 HP 17 → 5)
With the rest of its unit wiped out, the machine stood stock still for a few seconds, thinking on what to do. Eyeing Arashi, it moved to try and attack him instead, but the Saiyan easily caught onto its presence, and swiftly shuffled away with his expert footwork.
Horde of 1 attacks Arashi, but misses!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm

The droid Arashi knocked down during his rebellious counter attack struggled to get back up.That last kick had done some significant internal damage and Arashi quickly picked up on it. Ignoring the three untouched dorids in front of him in favor of ending what he started. He hopped into there air in a way that made his back face the ground below him. As gravity began to take effect Arashi lifted his arm then patted his elbow. The droid could see it’s impending doom falling from the sky yet still couldn’t bring itself to move. In a final act of resistance it raised it’s Blaster but was met with an elbow slamming into its metallic skull! It’s body ceased all motion while sparks pop from where it’s head use to be. Arashi got up and wiped off the oil from his elbow and looked at his immobilized target, proud of his handy work.

He turned towards the trio as they raised their blasters in unison! Beams of crimson red light were about to shower the Saiyan. Without taking his eyes off the droids in front of him,Arashi grabbed motionless body by the chest,sinking his bulky fingers into its steel interior. He lifted the droid’s body in front of him like a riot shield just in time to have it absorb the blaster fire. Arashi charged forward at full speed with the droids continuing there relentless assault. The blasts continued to rip Arashi’s “shield” apart, one shot after the other.All that remained was the abdomen and chest but in the end it didn’t matter. Having gotten close enough Arashi kneed the remains of his "shield" with so much force it hit one of the droids right in the face! Wrecking it's head in the process. “That's two . . . . .“

Arashi weaved through the remaining energy blasts then grabbed onto one of the droids by it's arms! Arashi pulled the droid toward himself. He lifted his right leg and then repeatedly fed the droid high knees from both legs! Until finally knocking the machine’s head off and sending flying several yards away!

Arashi used a knee attack and dealt 17 damage! Horde of 8 B (HP 19>2)

Saying the droid was destroyed would be a complete understatement. There were severe dents all over it’s chest and with no head it was no threat. Arashi released its arms and watched as it fell onto it’s back. “ . . . . . and that’s three.”
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 am

The Kyuukonman saw its opening, and quickly rushed towards Arashi. This time, Arashi’s guard had dropped, and by the time he saw the attack coming, it was too late. Arashi pulled back, but the claws still broke skin, blood leaking out of a new wound on Arashi’s arm…

Kyuukonman B attacks Arashi, inflicting 5 damage! (HP 95 -> 90)
Horde of 8 A’s turn!

The much stronger horde of machines looked at the three intruders, and set its sights on Nero, before rushing him suddenly. Nero tried to get his guard up, but ultimately wound up buffeted about by the rushing droids. The droids soon stopped, looking to the seemingly unharmed Nero, who sighted his enemies as he tried to figure out his next move…

Horde of 8 A attacks Nero, inflicting 7 damage! (HP 56 -> 49)
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 90 HP / 134 KP / 0 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 49 HP / 50 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 27 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
Horde of 5 (5 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 10, To Dodge 10
Zerg Rush (1d6+1 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+1 damage on hit)
Horde of 8 A (27 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 13, To Dodge 13
Horde of 8 B (2 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 10, To Dodge 10
Zerg Rush (1d6+1 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+1 damage on hit)
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 1 AP)
Round eight start!
Horde of 8 B’s turn!

Quickly changing sights, the lone machine lashed out at the first target it saw, and ran towards Nero, attempting to tackle him. However, the much more advanced Nero was easily able to see the oncoming attack, and easily evaded without much demonstrable effort.

Horde of 8 B attacks Nero, but misses!
Kigo’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:31 am

Kigo ran up to the lone robot, shouting, “Oh no you don't!” He wasn't about to let it support the rest of its battalion! As eager as he was to finish the fight, his feet did not quite match up with his vigor in agility, causing him to slip. Annoyance flashed in his mind. “I'm not about to mess this up!” Kigo yelled out, startling the robot. Quickly regaining his footwork, his eyes ignited, intent on finishing what they had started.

An uppercut dove right into its chin, tearing its head off from its neck. Its cranium went flying until it was but a speck in the distance; its body crumpled down, oil leaking out from its exposed neck.
Kigo misses, but, through his Perseverance trait, manages to hit the Horde of 5, dealing 12 damage! (Horde of 5 HP 5 → 0)
With that bit of unorthodox surgery completed, Kigo wheeled around, reevaluating their current situation. The enemy had dwindled quite a bit number, with the tables beginning to turn in their favor. He looked to Nero and Arashi, who seemed equally vested in finishing this battle.
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 am

Round 7
Recovering from his earlier failure, Nero again rushed towards the Horde. spinning into a kick that connected violently with the neck of one of the droids.

Nero kicks horde of 8 A, a hit!! 13 damage!!  Horde A HP 40 -> 27

As the droids were recovering, Nero attempted to continue his assault, his fists only meeting open air as the droids easily weaved out of the way

Nero attempts to punch horde of 8 A, a miss.

theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next