The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity - Page 5 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:04 am

After annihilating and just downright disrespecting most of the robots in his way Arashi was facing off against just one final droid. Only this one was putting up a far more significant fight. It seemed as if watching it's fellow droids be taken apart one after the other had gifted it with a better understanding of the Saiyans fighting capabilities. As soon as Arashi moved in for a punch the Android just barely ducked in time. It skipped back several feet having felt the attack graze it's head. It raised its blaster and open fired as it enacted it's evasive strategy. Regardless that didn't stop Arashi from weaving and punching through each blast to continue his pursuit.

Arashi attempts to end it but misses!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity - Page 5 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity

Post by SSJRandomMaster Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 am

Saibamen of all colors were not known for their intelligence, but even a mindless beast knew when things weren’t working for them. The Kyuukonman was no exception, finally taking its seemingly single-minded obsession with taking Arashi down and putting that energy towards taking out another fighter: Nero. With feral ferocity, it lunged towards Nero, a clawed foot extended… only for Nero to lean to the left, causing the attack to miss. The Kyuukonman easily recovered, but still, frustration ensued.

Kyuukonman B attacks Nero, but misses!
Horde of 8 A’s turn!

Horde of 8 A didn’t have much better luck. The remaining members decided to use the Kyuukonman’s failed attack as cover, and tried to shoot Nero while he was seemingly off-guard, but this failed as well, Nero easily avoiding the errant bolts without much resistance.

Horde of 8 A attacks Nero, but misses!
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

Stat Block (Lv. / HP / KP / ... / AP)
-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 90 HP / 134 KP / 0 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 49 HP / 50 CP / 0 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 27 HP / 12 KP / 0 AP)
Horde of 8 A (27 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 13, To Dodge 13
Zerg Rush (1d6+5 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+5 damage on hit)
Horde of 8 B (2 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 10, To Dodge 10
Zerg Rush (1d6+1 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+1 damage on hit)
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 1 AP)
Round nine start!
-------------------------------------
Horde of 8 B’s turn!

Desperate to hit anything, anyone, for anything at all, the remaining member of Horde of 8 B turned its attention to Arashi and proceeded to bum-rush him. However, Arashi once again shifted out of the way, rendering the effort fruitless.

Horde of 8 B attacks Arashi, but misses!
Kigo’s turn!
---------
OOC: rolled for Nero, came up 21 so I wasn’t going to wait for a dispute. This side mission’s gone on way too long.
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:45 am

The fight nearing its end, Kigo looked upon what remained of the ragtag army that had been deployed against them; battered and near broken they were, beaten they were not. Losing was simply not a function that they were allowed to accept. Kigo wasn't about to let up and surrender, either.

The human, almost dragging his feet at this point, sprinted as fast as he could to the nearest robot, hoping to catch it off guard with a punch. His fist launched at lightning speed, aiming to finish at least this one enemy off; unfortunately for him, the robot merely bounded back from it.

Kigo had no retort except for a weary look of annoyance on his face.

----------------------------
Kigo tries to attack Horde of 5, but misses!

His comrade, Nero, opted to conserve energy, and simply waited as the enemies waited for him in turn.

Nero takes a Rest Action, recovering 4 HP, 3 CP, and 1 AP! (Nero HP 49 → 53; CP 50 → 53, AP 0 → 1)

Last edited by TheMelon93 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:56 am

The Android was Nimble and obviously had quite a lot of power to continue firing at such a rate. However Arashi was powered through and went in for another punch but missed once again!

Arashi attempts another punch but misses again
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 am

Returning its attention back to Arashi, the Kyuukonman screeched and tried to claw Arashi, trying desperately just to do anything to slow them down—even if it seemed they were having trouble with the whole deal. Trying to get Arashi while he was distracted, the beast clawed down… only hitting air as he staggered back. The Kyuukonman again screeched in desperation and frustration, and for his part, Arashi had had just about enough of the yellow beast’s shit…

Kyuukonman B attacks Arashi, but misses!
Horde of 8 A’s turn!

As before, Horde of 8 A focused all of their efforts on Nero, only this time their maneuver bore some fruit. They aimed their blasters at the Android, firing all at once upon him. Nero tried to weave through them all, but this time they had mixed up their firing pattern a bit, causing Nero to take a hit from the back. However, the damage he suffered was negligible, and thus he shrugged it right off.

Horde of 8 A attacks Nero, inflicting 4 damage due to Nero’s endure (HP 53 -> 49)!
------------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Kyuukonman B (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

-----------
Nero (Lv. 2 / 49 HP / 53 CP / 1 AP)
Horde of 8 A (27 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 10, To Dodge 10
Zerg Rush (1d6+5 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+5 damage on hit)
To Hit 6, To Dodge 6
Kyuukonman B (Lv. 1 / 36 HP / 25 KP / 1 AP)
Round ten start!
OOC: New horde rules go into effect immediately because god damn it we have to move on.

Last edited by SSJRandomMaster on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:10 am

The horde now turned its attention to the human, equally as intent on finishing this battle as his team was. Using its most venerated tactic (that is, bum rush something until it fell dead), the group converged on Kigo and tried to pile over him. Seeing through this plot, however, Kigo skipped up to one of them, stepping off of its head. He somersaulted while the robots all slammed into one another, forming a messy pile of limbs and metal.

Kigo evades Horde of 8 B's attack!

Tired of how long this was taking, he looked to his companions, noting that they too were beginning to grow exhausted of this endeavor. He spoke up to them, “Gents, I think it's about time we started cleaning this up, we don't have time to play with these things any more.” Agreement was thrown his way in the form of small nods by the Saiyan and the Android. With their approval, he looked for a target to collaborate on. He eyed the Kyuukonman, observing that it spared no sign of damage at all.

As Kigo gestured to it, Arashi flashed a thumbs up while Nero once again nodded. Their mark decided, Kigo decided to make the first strike. He went in, flashing briefly before the Kyuukonman.

“Scre--!?” the Kyuukonman uttered before it was cut off by a devastating kick from the human. Nero was the next to kick off from his position, roundhouse kicking the Saibaman's head as though he were kicking a soccer ball. It yelped in agony as it went sailing up in the air, but its shriek was cut off by Arashi, who had leaped up to finish the job.

His elbow sank into the Saibaman's face; gravity took hold of both of their bodies and brought them back down to earth. The landing was nothing short of explosive, kicking up dust everywhere. As it cleared, a lone shadow stood up. When Nero and Kigo could make out the figure, it was evident that it was Arashi.

One look just next to him were what was supposed to have been the Kyuukonman, which had been fragmented into many pieces.

Kigo initiates a Team Attack with Nero and Arashi! Arashi scores a nat 20 on his To Hit roll, thereby allowing everybody to make a Critical Hit! The trio deals a combined 78 damage against the Kyuukonman, which fails its Endure! It is completely obliterated! (Kyuukonman HP 36 → 0)

The three scanned the rest of their targets, who didn't appear to be fazed, though something paralyzed them in place. Was it fear? It mattered not, as their bodies loosened up and made way to attack the trio again.

Horde of 8 A's turn!

The horde converged around Kigo again, hoping to overwhelm him this time. For all the calculations and algorithms that ran in their head, there was nothing to say that naivete ran rampant in their formation.

The poor sods didn't stand a chance.

The human had completely read their pattern by now (after taking so many hits from them), and stepped forward, throwing a lightning jab that took out one of the robot's heads. Before its body could even falter to its knees, Kigo grabbed its body and swung it into another, obliterating both bodies as a result.

Horde of 8 A attempts to attack Kigo, but is countered for 10 damage!

Kigo looked at the rest of them, watching their every move carefully. He couldn't allow himself to get too complacent.

Last edited by TheMelon93 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 am

Initiative Order
----------------
Horde of 8 B (19)
Kigo (13)
Horde of 5 (9)
Nero (6)
Arashi (4)
Horde of 8 A (3)

-----------
Nero (Lv. 2 / 49 HP / 53 CP / 1 AP)
Horde of 8 A (17 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 8, To Dodge 8
Zerg Rush (1d6+3 damage on hit)
Blaster Fire (2d6+3 damage on hit)
To Hit 6, To Dodge 6
Round eleven start!
-----------------------------------
Horde of 8 B's turn
Much like its fellow droids in Horde A, the lone member of B refused to quit. It rushed Arashi, only to once again be dodged since it was so few compared to what it was at first…

Horde of 8 B attacks Arashi and misses!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 am

Although their numbers had dwindled tremendously since the start, falling to naivete this close to the end could have been fat[al. The robots had been completely scattered now. He eyed a lone robot, and decided to go for that one.

The robot suddenly found itself locked up, unable to twitch as Kigo dashed toward it. "Say g'night...!" Kigo's punch impaled its chest, and frantic beeping turned into loud droning, which gradually faded to silence. The human shook off the iron corpse, looking at Nero and Arashi, who were making their own moves against what remained of the enemy...

Kigo rushes and attacks what remains of Horde of 8 B, finishing the job! (Horde of 8 B HP 2 -> 0)

Nero's turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 am

There only remained three Droids and having seen how much damage Kigo had taken Nero knew it was time to end this. Nero dashed toward the the final three survivors with his twin fists tightly clenched! On his way there he noticed something behind the droid in the center, it was Arashi charging straight from the enemy's rear! There wasn't much time to think of a plan so the Android opted to keep it simple.
“Take the right!”

Arashi nodded in response and leaped at the Droid on his right. The trio was so distracted charging up to fire at Nero that Arashi’s attack landed perfectly on the back of his target's head. Caving it in on contact then forcing the droid to land face first on the ground with little resistance! The last two jerked to Arashi’s direction. Having realized their “brethren” had been defeated they prepared to retaliate until Nero came flying into the chest of one of the Androids with a vicious elbow strike followed by a flurry of high speed punches. The droid was pulverized almost beyond repair until Nero sealed with one final punch! Sending it flying several feet back to slammed onto the ground. Thus leaving only one droid left to deal with.

It seemed confused as to what to do next. It probably never expected to running to such powerful Intruder is let alone be the last of its group standing. Unfortunately for this lone robot both the too young Heroes know exactly what to do. They dashed forward and cocked back their arms! Before it could even react their fists tore through its torso as if it was paper! With their enemy in Checkmate they ripped their arms free and watched as that Droid fell to the ground.

Nero initiates a team attack with Arashi. It hits doing 28 damage! Horde of 8 B HP 17>0

Arashi gave Nero a thumbs up impressed by his zeal
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am

With the last of the androids finally dealt with, Nero, Arashi, and Kigo took a short time to catch a breather. As they did so, Kigo sat with his back propped up against one of the downed trees, pulling out another can of rations. Kigo winced a little. The last one wasn’t particularly good, but under the circumstances, anything would do. Opening the can, Kigo ate the contents, feeling the food refresh his aching body, if only a little.

Nero moved over next to Kigo, reaching inside his jacket to pull out one of the containers of nanopaste on his person, quickly applying it to the various wounds he’d suffered from the incursion. As he did so, Kigo took notice of the paste’s effects on Nero’s skin, and realized underneath was metal, metal that was closing up and being patched over by the regenerating skin.

“Holy crap…” said Kigo, amazed at the process, but more so by the reveal, “You’re a robot?”

“That’s right,” Nero said, “I was born, I suppose, a few months ago. Though, I think the term for what I am is ‘Android’.”

I freaking knew it!” Arashi piped in, watching in the general direction of the E.L.A.’s site for any more enemies.

Even as Nero answered, Kigo couldn't pry his eyes away from what was unfolding before his eyes. Skin sewed itself back up, sinews were reattaching themselves, and metal was repatching itself. It was like watching a miracle at work. Nero took notice, but Kigo found he could not read the robot’s expression.

“I'm sorry, it just...looks so fascinating. It's like magic,” Kigo looked up at Nero as the final patch of metal was covered up. "And I've seen magic.”

Arashi fully turned to the group, now full of questions:

"Oh man, I have so many questions! Who made you? How were you made? How does it feel?!"

As the group took their breather (Nero answering any questions), Nero decided to ping once more, on a whim, to see if he could see anything. To his surprise, the fog on his energy sonar seemed to clear. There were seemingly invisible rings floating around him, casting a sort of ‘glare’ on his vision, but before Nero could fully consider whether these rings were the same as the ones he had found earlier, a blinding glare suddenly entered his sonar. Though his ping only lasted at most half a second in real time, Nero could see the much larger glare appearing to move…

Now, while Nero wasn’t fully aware of what he was capable of, he was aware of what his sonar was meant to do: track large energy signatures. Though even Verbatim had said the technology was far from finished, and was likely never to be perfected due to circumstances, his energy sonar was meant to trace down machines, and some other type of energy.

And what that glare was meant to be, Nero realized, was an especially large source of energy. An especially large source of energy that was moving. Nero’s expression knit into a very faint expression of worry, one that could not convey what he actually felt. And despite the look being only slight, with Nero being who he was it was just enough to get Kigo’s and Arashi’s attention.

Kigo stood up in alarm from his resting position. “Nero, what’s wrong? We got more incoming?”

“No, it’s not that…” Nero said, “I just picked up something. Something big, and it’s moving…”

“What?” asked Arashi, not at all sure what Nero meant.

“I was… I was born with an energy sonar, to put it basically,” Nero summarized, “And what I just picked up, was… a huge energy source, so huge that my sonar can’t show me what’s giving it off… and it’s moving!

This gave the team one hell of a pause. No doubt that was what the E.L.A. was up to!

"Then why are we sittin' around talking about it? Let's go, time's a wastin!" said Arashi, once more raring to go.

“He’s right,” Kigo interjected, “We’d better get moving…”

Nero had no objections, and all three began rapidly moving for the center of the site…
-----------------------
The rest of the site, it turned out, had b een cleaned out by that battle, allowing the team to make record time. What they were greeted by, on the northern end of the central zone, was four men wearing gray and blue outfits crowding into a jeep. The driver looked back.

“Shoot! Just three people took down so many Saibamen!?” shouted Nick, putting the Jeep into drive,

“Hush, Nick,” said Richard, the admin of the ELA on site, “Just move it!”

“The energy source’s in the jeep!” Nero shouted, just as the engine came to life.

ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR

All three of the RISING Unit members backed off, a big blue beast jumping down on them. All three easily evaded, hopping back as the impact of the landing shook the ground, cratering it. The three could now see a much larger, angrier-looking, roided-up blue Saibaman in front of them.

“The Saibabrute’s gonna buy us time,” said Seth, “Put it in gear and get us out of here! We’re a short distance away from a good spot to hide out… If we go top speed, we’ll make it!”

As the Saibabrute prepared to stall the three tired RISING members, the jeep’s tires screeched as it began peeling away…
---------------------
Engage Battle!!!
---------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Kigo (20)
Arashi (19)
Nero (17)
Saibabrute (10)
E.L.A. Armored Jeep (1)

-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 90 HP / 134 KP / 1 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 66 HP / 53 CP / 2 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 44 HP / 27 KP / 1 AP)
Saibabrute A (Lv. 3 / ??? HP / ??? KP / ? AP)
E.L.A. Armored Jeep (??? HP)

Distance Meter
[--Jeep----------------------------]
Round one start!
Kigo’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Arc I Side Story 1: Investigate the Suspicious Activity - Page 5 Empty All Together Now! Dai Comet Flash!

Post by TheMelon93 Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:16 am

Faced with this new foe, the trio readied themselves, resistance burning bright with their stances. The Saibabrute launched itself at them, making a mad dash for the three. They each got clear of its path, which was smashed to smithereens with a single swipe. The force of the blow was enough to cause tremors in the area, which almost shook the jeep from its course.

Its passengers glanced back, concerned about what would happen. “The Saibabrute will be able to hold them until we make our escape, gentlemen. If we're lucky, it might even take them out!” the administrator, Richard, haughtily reassured.

“We musn't let them get away!” Nero warned, moving to stop the jeep. Unfortunately, the Saibabrute anticipated his plan, and cut him off with a wide swing of its hand. The Android only just barely avoided having his head lopped off by a hair's breadth. He bounded back to Arashi, who ran up to him.

“Forget about it for now, we got bigger fish to fry!” Arashi said. As much as he also wanted to stop the jeep, they weren't going to make it anywhere near the vehicle with that thing blockading their path!

The hulking behemoth eyed each and every one of them, its low guttural growls rumbling in their ears. Its voice was met only with silent glares, each of which picked at it for any weaknesses. “There doesn't appear to be anything we can exploit,” Nero reported. Neither of his allies, however, were willing to accept this observation.

“Even if it doesn't, there's still three of us and one of it,” Kigo mused. Arashi nodded, chiming in, “And we're all going to force our way through!” As they both made those declarations, Nero felt oddly drawn to their... optimism, for lack of a better word. Though he couldn't properly express it, he felt something that could only be described as trust in the two. “Then we'll defeat it with all of our powers together,” Nero concluded.

The trio rushed the Saibabrute, meeting it in a full blown clash of powers. Kigo had gone in for an elbow, Nero for a kick, and Arashi with a perfect straight, the combined force of which overwhelmed the Saibabrute's own charge.

Kigo, Arashi, and Nero initiate a Team Signature Attack! They successfully break through the Saibabrute's defenses!

Kigo and Arashi shared a brief nod, and pushed the Saibabrute further back with a collaborative kick. Nero stayed behind, and once more removed his limiters. Immense pressure began building up around him as he gathered energy, which materialized into a dynamic, flickering aura. Preparations had begun.

Kicking up dirt and dust as its feet dragged along the ground, the Saibabrute recovered in time to see Arashi and Kigo running towards it. It wailed loudly as it brought down both claws on the duo. Like the hands on a clock, they circled around its attack in synchronized harmony, and Kigo was the first to begin retaliation.

His body whipped around while he ducked, extending his leg out for a sweep kick. It toppled the Saibabrute over, leaving it exposed for a reprisal from Arashi, which came in the form of incredibly fast one-two combos. Having been lifted off the ground, it couldn't control its own body weight as the young Saiyan threw it around with his punches. He sent it flying with a hard uppercut; the Brute was immediately intercepted by Kigo, who brought an axe handle down on its head.

Before it was even allowed time to fall, Kigo's feet dug right into its abdomen, causing the two to crash into the dirt below. With both bouncing off the ground, Kigo gracefully back flipped and in no time returned to bashing the giant's face in.

Arashi rejoined the human in attacking the Saibabrute. Attacks of all sorts were being thrown, with no part of the Saibabrute's body being spared. It was completely ravaged by straights, crosses, chops, palm strikes, kicks, knees, elbows, anything that virtually any fighter could reasonably come up with. Dozens, if not hundreds of these attacks all bore themselves into its body.

In a last, desperate attempt at resistance, the Brute made a straight shot with its left arm. Kigo ducked under it, while Arashi grabbed it, keeping the plant man in place. The slightest hint of a smirk crept on the human's face, and it grew into a full-on grin as he exploded out from under its arm. Two knees met its chin and throat as he rocketed up, throwing the Saibaman's head back as if it were but a punching bag.

He didn't stop there, though; he flipped over its head, taking its head in his hands, pulling it further back. This left its abdomen wide open, and completely incapable of retaliating. Arashi had already let go of its arm, taking up a stance that emitted pure, unfiltered boxing power. The young Saiyan flexed his right arm, and its muscle mass visibly expanded all at once, and shrunk back down to normal size as fast as it had grown.

Kigo threw its head back up, causing it to stumble from the trajectory. Kigo pivoted and took up his own stance, clasping both hands together. Both aggressors uttered a single word each:

“Fujin Kata...”

“Meteor...”

The Saibabrute had nothing to defend itself with, and could only prepare itself for the anguish that was to come.

“DAITOPPA!”

“HAMMER!”

Arashi's arm surged with power as he threw a devastating right cross to its stomach, visibly causing its eyes to bulge out. On the other side, Kigo swung both hammers into its side; a distinct crack resounded through the battlefield, presumably its rib cage caving in from both attacks. What began as a quiet squeal of pain erupted into a shriek of terror and agony as the Saibabrute was sent skyward. The velocity at which it soared would have been enough to shatter the sound barrier.

Its punishment was still not finished, however. As it flew in the air screaming in pain, it caught a glimpse of the Android, who had both arms out. The area below was shrouded in a bright gold, and at its epicenter, a white-hot ball of energy, wielded in between Nero's fingertips. Smoke and dust kicked up all over as the already ruined environment was devastated even more simply from the buildup of his attack.

“Chaos...AFTERBURNER!”

A bright beam of energy rocked forth from his palms, shaking the ground and cracking it all around for a good fifty feet. Kigo and Arashi had to cover their faces in order to shield themselves from its bright luminescence, but even more had to keep low to the ground to avoid being blown away. Even Nro himself was pushed back from the recoil.

The Brute however... was bathed in  its light, light which burned and ate away at it. The Saibabrute couldn't even get out a yelp as it was consumed by the golden blast. Knowing this wasn't enough, Nero pumped even more power into the blast, the force of which pushed him back even further! Within seconds, the Brute was disintegrated; all proof of its existence had been wiped clean from the planet.

Kigo deals 67 damage with Meteor Hammer, while Arashi inflicts 42 damage with his Fujinken: Daitoppa, concluding with Nero's Chaos Afterburner dishing out 25 damage! In short, the trio delivers a combined, whopping 134 damage to the Saibabrute, which utterly fails its Endurance and is obliterated in a single round!

All three of the weary warriors were taking a minute of repose, recovering from the strain and energy it took at putting the beast down. Sure, it had been a much quicker battle than they had anticipated, but it still took great effort on their part.

To say that it was a fight would have been completely inaccurate by any standard. An utter massacre would have been more fitting. But to the fighters who enacted such an epic display of power, it was a sweet victory. Not that they had a lot of time to relish it, though. There was still the matter of the jeep that was currently speeding away from them...

Last edited by TheMelon93 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Jeep Occupants’ turn!

Needless to say, after that badass display of skill from Team Nero, the occupants of the jeep were all absolutely shitting themselves in utter terror at what was witnessed.

“T-they sent them here!?” said Seth, actually a grunt if the edit to my previous post was not read, “Unbelievable!!! They killed the Saibabrute in a single move!”

“I… I should never have gotten involved…” lamented Gary.

“Shut up, you fool!” Nick shouted, despite his utter fear, “The E.L.A. is everything!! Without it, we have no future or present! Neither does anyone el—”

“We’re about to lose our future, you idiot!!” Richard shouted, “Eyes on the road!!”

Nick turned back abruptly, seeing that in his distraction, he had sent the jeep on a crash course into a tree. Quickly, Nick moved to correct his course, but he turned the wheel too hard. AT those speeds…

The jeep began flip, rattle and rolling before any of the ELA members knew what was happening. The jeep rolled and rolled and rolled, leaving Seth and Gary unconscious and near death and buffeting Nick and Richard about badly, before the Jeep finally came to rest against a tree…

“You…utter… idiot!!” shouted Richard, “We can’t get away now… not like this… not against them…”

And indeed he was right, the RISING Unit members approaching fast…

fast enough that they’d be able to take action against them…

With little options left, Richard and Nick, banged-up as they were, drew their weapons…
---------------------
Initiative Order
----------------
Kigo (20)
Arashi (19)
Nero (17)
E.L.A. Admin Richard (1)
E.L.A. Grunt Nick (1)
E.L.A. Grunt Gary (1)
E.L.A. Grunt Seth (1)

-----------
Arashi (Lv. 3 / 90 HP / 110 KP / 1 AP)
Nero (Lv. 2 / 64 HP / 40 CP / 2 AP)
Kigo (Lv. 2 / 44 HP / 0 KP / 1 AP)
E.L.A. Grunt Seth (Lv. 2 / 0 HP / 1 AP) [Near-Death: 0/3 S | 0/3 D]
E.L.A. Grunt Gary (Lv. 1 / 0 HP / 1 AP) [Near-Death: 0/3 S | 0/3 D]
E.L.A. Grunt Nick (Lv. 2 / 4 HP / 2 AP)
E.L.A. Admin Richard (Lv. 4 / 10 HP / 4 AP)

Round two start!
Kigo’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMelon93 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 pm

Kigo was the first to arrive, skimming over the wreckage site. Two guys were crawling out from the overturned jeep, pulling out handguns with them. It looked like they were carrying… M9s? He’d picked up a bit about the weaponry U.S. soldiers normally carried during his time on the air base.

They were standard for any branch of the military, but neither of them looked like they belonged to the Army; moreover, they didn’t look like they were about to be friendly to him as they both raised their guns at him.

They didn’t get a chance to fire their weapons as Kigo sped toward them in the literal blink of an eye. “Ugh--!” the one called Nick yelped out. He tried to retrain his aim on the man, but it was already far too late. In one swift motion, Kigo had grabbed his arm, wresting the gun from his fingers with little effort. Before Nick even realized Kigo had stolen his M9, he wheezed as he felt the wind getting knocked out of him; Kigo had landed a palm strike on the man’s solar plexus, which sent him tumbling to the ground, unconscious.

Kigo disarms and defeats Nick with 10 damage, knocking him the FUCK out! (Nick HP 4 -> 0)

Richard was paralyzed with fear, while confusion almost turned his legs to jelly. All this time, he thought that he, no, the E.L.A., had been manufacturing monsters unseen in this world.

Oh how delightfully wrong he was.

Their monsters paled in comparison with the monsters that were out for him today. Monsters that took the deceptive shape of men.

As if he finally remembered Richard was there, Kigo slowly looked up at him. Carefully, he started disassembling the gun he had taken from Nick, with a smooth handling that was only seen in the professionals who normally wielded them. All the while, he gradually made his way toward him. His slow, tired approach, coupled with the wounds and fresh blood streaming all over him, made Kigo look like a walking nightmare.

Richard could only shamble back once his legs regained their feeling.

Arashi’s turn!
TheMelon93
TheMelon93

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 am

Richard was scared but he was even more scared of what would happen to him if he was caughtt. After finding some way to overpower the fear welling up inside him he aimed his gun at Kigo's head. He was about to pull the trigger when a muscular hand materialized on the barrel of his firearm. Richard looked to his right, his eyes meeting the gaze of Arashi's. The feeling of fear in his body soon multiplied after realizing that he had forgotten about the others
"You know. . . I never was a fan of guns" Arashi announced right before crushing the guns barrel with his left hand. The frightened man released his now even more useless gun immediately. He began to back away slowly as the hopelessness of this situation finally sunk in.

Arashi realized it was time to stop messing with the guy. He soon disappeared then reappeared beside Richard. Not waiting being one to waste a perfect shot Arashi took his fist and "lightly" smacked the Admin's temple with the back of it, knocking him out cold.

Arashi stomps all over Richard's second amendment rights then Knocks him out with a relatively soft punch!

E.L.A. Admin Richard. HP 10>0
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:49 am

With the ELA subdued and the area cleared, it was a very simple matter for the group to unturn the car and save the lives of the other two grunts. Perhaps, Kigo thought, there was a chance to get information from them, but it wasn’t their place just yet. It was Nero that ultimately dug out the container, and opened it. As he looked in, and retrieved the item, Nero was left just a bit awestruck. The container contained naught, except for a yellow, perfectly-cut jewel that fit perfectly in the palm of his hand. As he held it, Nero felt an… odd sensation, as if his circuits were loading with power. Was that the jewel…?

Kigo eyed the object Nero so carefully held in his hand. He could see his own reflection eyeing him back. "So this is what they were after?" Kigo asked no one in particular, the faintest trace of disbelief in his voice, "A diamond?"

Even as he said those words, he felt a powerful, if not ominous... presence, about it. Nero remained absolutely stone-faced, but even he could not mask the concentration he was giving the jewel. Kigo lifted his head back once he finished inspecting it, but still warily watched it.

He'd heard of manmade artifacts which bestowed incredible powers to those who wielded them, and weapons made for the gods. Next to them? This diamond looked completely normal; but if there was anything Kigo learned in his travels, it was that looks could be deceiving.

Whatever the case, Team Nero had accomplished their mission. With all that said, the group returned to their own base nearby to get patched up as needed, and return to the main Rising HQ… plus one.

Kigo, due to his efforts in helping to bring the situation under control, was officially made a member of the RISING Unit, and thus transferred to that base…
----------
OOC: Crap post, but whatever. The important thing is, this side mission’s done!

Rewards. Hope you enjoy..

XP Bonuses

Kigo (+3,900 XP so far)

Nero (+3,800 XP so far)

Arashi (+3,750 XP so far)

In addition, the group gains a bonus 1000 currency!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5