The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership? - Page 3 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:39 am

Fluut regains 9 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 58 -> 67)

Fluut, back on his feet, the injuries inflicted on him in the past six seconds becoming no more than a memory, rushed towards Big Sentry, intent on finishing things, but Fluut only succeeded in missing his target. Big Sentry B, however, ignored Fluut, and focused its efforts on Lusk.

“Lusk, watch out!” shouted Fluut.

Fluut attacks Big Sentry and misses!
Big Sentry B’s turn!

Fluut’s warning came to naught, for Lusk was caught flat-footed for one reason or another, taking a punch to the face. Lusk stumbled backwards from the force, but it was far from over…

Big Sentry attacks Lusk, inflicting 10 damage! (HP 96 -> 86)
Horde of 4’s turn!

Seeing the moment of weakness, the four sentries concentrated their fire on the now off-guard Lusk, and began shooting at him. Despite Lusk’s best efforts, he still found himself taking on a lot of damage.

Horde of 4 attacks Lusk with Blaster Barrage, inflicting 13 damage! (HP 86 -> 73)
------------------
Round four start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Lusk (13)
Fluut (13)
Big Sentry B (9)
Horde of 4 (3)

Stat Block (Lv. / HP / KP / ... / AP)
-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 67 HP / 20 KP / 0 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 73 HP / 85 KP / 91 MP / 1 AP)
Horde of 4 (20 HP / 0 AP)
To Hit 9, To Dodge 9
Zerg Rush (1d6+4)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+4)
Big Sentry B (12 HP / 84 KP / 0 AP)

Lusk’s turn!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Horde of 8’s turn!

In an attempt to avenge the fallen horde, the remaining sentries began to lock and load, training their sights on Otis. Otis could only guard in response, but surprisingly enough, that proved an effective tactic in the face of the onslaught he faced. The sentries finally let up, but Otis still stood strong.

Horde of 8 attacks Otis with Blaster Barrage, inflicting 5 damage! (HP 52 -> 47)
----------------------
Round four start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Otis (21)
Horde of 8 (17)

-----------
Otis (Lv. 2 / 47 HP / 64 KP / 0 AP)
Horde of 8 (34 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
Zerg Rush (1d6+7)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+7)

Otis’ turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership? - Page 3 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

Post by TheToonKing Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 am

Lusk's turn!

The sentry's fire slowed down, as they viewed the smoking crater in the center of the hallway, heat distorting the air. Suddenly, the smoking shot forward, before Lusk popped out of it, horn raised.

Lusk heals 6 HP thanks to Passive Regeneration! (HP 73 -> 79)

The droids all scattered, but Lusk wasn't having it as he flung towards them, "You won't get away!!"

With a brutal swing he tore through a robotic waist and another shoulder, continuing to wreck as many as he could. Still some had indeed escaped his reach.

Lusk makes a weapon attack on Horde of 4, inflicting 15 damage! (HP 20 -> 5)
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Angryslacks Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Otis grunted in pain, the blasters stung quite a bit despite being rather weak. He could not let them continue to wear him down through a thousand cuts, the longer he let this fight continue the more damage he would accumulate and time wasted. 'There's gotta be more coming to the base, I need to take these guys out and escape now.'

Deciding to return to close quarters, Otis leaped forward and threw a punch at the nearest robot. To his disappointment, the machine's reflexes were greater than his and it twisted it's torso in a direction that evaded the artist's strike. Otis only hit thin air and had to rearrange himself to land on the ground in a stable manner.

Otis attacks Horde of Eight with light physical attack, and misses.
Dr. Angryslacks
Dr. Angryslacks

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:49 am

Fluut regains 9 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 67 -> 76)

Fluut leapt at the Big Sentry yet again, fist clenched as it prepared to bear down on Lusk with everything it had. However, for all his effort, Fluut once again whiffed on a punch that should have connected.

Fluut attacks Big Sentry and misses!
Big Sentry B’s turn!

This time, however, the Big Sentry opted to retaliate to Fluut’s attack, and turned around, backhanding the Namek across the face. Fluut staggered backwards a bit in response to  the hit, but did not fall down. Which was a good thing…

Big Sentry attacks Fluut, inflicting 11 damage! (HP 76 -> 65)
Horde of 4’s turn!

For when the lone sentry targeted him with a fresh salvo of energy fire, Fluut was easily able to evade.

Horde of 4 attacks Fluut and misses!
------------------
Round five start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Lusk (13)
Fluut (13)
Big Sentry B (9)
Horde of 4 (3)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 65 HP / 20 KP / 0 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 79 HP / 85 KP / 91 MP / 1 AP)
Horde of 4 (5 HP / 0 AP)
To Hit 6, To Dodge 6
Zerg Rush (1d6+1)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+1)

Lusk’s turn!
Horde of 8’s turn!

Seeing that their adversary was still having trouble connecting any attacks, the horde of 8 opted to rush in full-force, each droid managing to land a very light hit on Otis in passing as they did so. Otis turned as  the group passed, eyeing the opposition…

Horde of 8 attacks Otis with Zerg Rush, inflicting 8 damage! (HP 47 -> 39)
----------------------
Round five start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Otis (21)
Horde of 8 (17)

-----------
Otis (Lv. 2 / 39 HP / 64 KP / 0 AP)
Horde of 8 (34 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 12, To Dodge 12
Zerg Rush (1d6+7)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+7)

Otis’ turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:26 am

Lusk's turn

Lusk regains 9 HP thanks to Passive Regeneration! (HP 79 -> 88)

By now Lusk had begun to catch on to the sentries methods. The moment Fluut or himself let their guard down, or have it opened up by Big Sentry, they take the chance to attack. Fully realizing this gave him an idea...

"Gaaahhh!!" Lusk cried out, lowering his horn down with one hand, the other clutching his side. He closed his eyes, grunting in apparent pain.

The nearby sentries took the bait, charging for the "pained" Namekian. As they reached them, he lunged and smashed all four apart with his weapon, their cores calmly falling in his hand.

Lusk makes a Weapon Attack on Horde of 4, inflicting 15 damage! (HP 5-> 0)

Horde Defeated!

Lusk passes an Intelligence check (17 Vs DC 15), collecting 4 Power Cores from Horde of 4’s remains!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 am

Fluut regains 12 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 65 -> 77)

Fluut, sliding back into position, began to swing out again with a punch at Big Sentry, trying desperately to finish it before it tried to make things worse, like its brothers at the other facility. However, the Big Sentry stubbornly refused to be hit, blocking Fluut’s strike. The two briefly exchanged punches, until, in a fit of carelessness, Fluut overextended on a kick, leaving him wide open for a punch to the stomach.

It was only dumb luck Fluut was able to get a defense up in time, the force of the attack displaced by the hands he got in the way. His knuckles slammed into his chest, causing Fluut to wince…

Fluut attacks Big Sentry and misses, Big Sentry able to counterattack for 4 damage! (HP 77 -> 73)
Big Sentry B’s turn!

The Namek, however, wasn’t close to done yet, for he soon swiftly leapt backwards as the big sentry swung yet another fist his way. The Big Sentry’s attack having missed, it soon loomed towards rebalancing itself.

Big Sentry attacks Fluut, but misses!
------------------
Round six start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Lusk (13)
Fluut (13)
Big Sentry B (9)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 73 HP / 20 KP / 0 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 88 HP / 85 KP / 91 MP / 1 AP)

Lusk’s turn!
OOC: Seeing as Doc h as lost interest, I’m going ahead and wrapping up his fight. Once I have it done, I’ll allow Doc to post Otis’ exit.

The injuries he’d sustained since entering this facility were more than he had bargained on. That war was clearly something else. Otis resolved to finish his business ASAP, and that would be that. Remaining here any longer seemed like a bad idea…

With that, Otis once again raised his hand, which soon morphed into a cannon. This time, the projectile hit home, the Flak Cannon taking down 4 of the remaining droids without much hassle.

Otis attacks Horde of 8 with Flak Cannon, inflicting 21 damage! (HP 34 -> 13; Members 7 -> 3)

Horde of 8’s turn!

With their numbers abruptly reduced, Horde of 8 once again opened fire, but Otis was able to elude their blaster strikes without much hassle. Not much more for me to say beyond that.

Horde of 8 attacks Otis and misses!
----------------------
Round six start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Otis (21)
Horde of 8 (17)

-----------
Otis (Lv. 2 / 39 HP / 64 KP / 0 AP)
Horde of 8 (13 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 8, To Dodge 8
Zerg Rush (1d6+3)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+3)

Otis’ turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 am

Lusk's turn!

Lusk regains 3 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 88 -> 91)

Watching as Fluut and Big Sentry exchanged their blows, Lusk took a moment to heal, before considering how to finish things. "With only one enemy remaining..."

Lusk initiates a team attack with Fluut...!!

At that moment, his comrades own punch was caught, before he was tossed aside towards Lusk.

Fluut's turn!

Fluut regains 6 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 73 -> 79)

Fluut scoffed as unnatural frustration overcame him. At that moment however, Lusk placed a hand on his shoulder.

The Big Sentry rose to attention, watching as both Namekians put a hand up to the others, yellow and purple energy swirling together, bouncing around their grasps at it struggled to keep shape.

The Big Sentry was able to realize the combinations potential range, the blast would likely fill the entire hallway. Unavoidable.

So the android took off right for the two, raising a hand which filled with its own energy. It poured in as much of its power as the two did their ki, as it charged right for them.

"Is it going to.." Lusk realized, "Self-destruct!?"

Lusk hesitated from the danger, but Fluut's steady grasp cept the twos ki solid. Feeling Fluut's clear-headed response to Big Sentrys final struggle, Lusk joined him in firing without reservations.

And as it had nearly reached them, the androids arm sparked, and came apart.

"HAAAAAAHHHH!!!" both green men yelled, slamming the basketball-sized sphere into Big Sentry's cracked and cratered chest. Instantly the energy expanded into a beam which pushed back the metallic figure as if filled the room.

The blast reached over the stairs, and destroyed the wall, revealing the desert outside, where the smoking remains of the sentry fell.

Lusk and Fluut attack Big Sentry with a team ki blast! Amazingly, Fluut crits his attack roll while Big Sentry crit-fails his dodge! Devastating Hit! Big Sentry is annihilated with 96 damage! (HP 12 -> 0)
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:50 am

Otis, satisfied with the results of his earlier attack, raised his other hand and quickly fired a blast, sweeping his arm to bend it. The bent blast plowed into the remaining droids, effectively finishing them off. His fight finally done, Otis considered whether or not it was an appropriate time to take a second bag of pretzels.

Otis attacks Horde of  8 with a basic energy blast, inflicting 14 damage! (HP 13 -> 0; Members 3 -> 0)

Battles over!

Suddenly, Otis heard a thunderous explosion above. He looked up, and saw the wall above him, in the stairwell was blown away. Otis began to make his move…
------------------------
UPDATE 4/21/2018: In the interest of moving things along...

OOC: This is based on information I no longer remember the truth of.

"You're sure you heard someone up ahead?" Fluut asked, he and Lusk making their way towards the now clear path ahead, "I heard nothing of the--"

Both Nameks stopped, assessing the s ituation. The stairwell and the h allway on the first floor were scorched, and a few robot parts were scattered about. Clearly, that wasn't their work. But the arrangement of the scraps was... odd. As if someone had deliberately chosen certain parts to take.

"There was someone here, alright," Fluut said, crouching down the ultimate telltale item, one that couldn't have belonged to either of the Nameks, certainly not any of the droids, and none of the ELA were on-site that they had seen.

Next to a scrap piece, was an empty bag of something known as 'pretzels'...
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:13 am

Glancing away from the bag, Lusk immediately caught the glint of machinery through a nearby destroyed window. Fluut seemed to notice the same on the hallways opposite side. Both gave a nod to the other, and headed for their own door.

Stepping in, he was able to discern the nature of several pieces of technology scattered about the room from the pictures given in two's briefing; several Power Resistors and Flux Regulators. The Namekian quickly circled the room, picking up all the apparently important technology that he could fit in his big arms.

As he finished up, he bumped shoulders with Fluut, who'd stepped in the doorway after throwing his own findings into the bag on his back.

"Our bruises are worth this much at least." Lusk commented, dropping his load into the bag.
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:01 am

Toying with one strap of the bag, Fluut set his eyes on the stairwell. “All that’s left is those glowing vials they said they wanted. Look like tubes to me, though. But anyway…”

“Wait, Fluut,” Lusk said, “We should take a breather now. All that fighting upstairs… We’ll be in even worse shape if we go right now…”

While Lusk busied himself with retrieving his horn, Fluut turned back to look at him, “I don’t know if we have time for that. They still know we’re here…”

Rather than answer straight away, Lusk merely smirked, and began to blow a song that Fluut soon realized he hadn’t heard before. Where Lusk’s Chiyujutsu was slower, more gentle, this song was much more… upbeat? Faster in tempo. As Lusk began to exert his magical ability, Fluut felt his body relax.

“This song…” Fluut said, “A new one…”

Fluut didn’t have too long to enjoy the beat, nor its effects on his admittedly weary body. Soon enough, both Nameks were alerted to the sounds of metal on tile, and turned to the stairwell. Twelve more weaker sentries were heading up the stairs towards them, some readying their blasters. Realizing they had company, Lusk ceased what he was doing, preparing to fight once more…

Lusk uses 15 more MP on his new “Song of Rest”, doubling all Rest benefits from the short break Fluut and Lusk took!
---------------------
Engage Battle!
-------------------
Initiative Order
------------------
Horde of 6 B (18)
Fluut (17)
Horde of 6 A (16)
Lusk (13)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 97 HP / 41 KP / 4 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 108 KP / 76 MP / 4 AP)
Horde of 6 A (30 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 11, To Dodge 11
Zerg Rush (1d6+6 damage)
Blaster Barrage(2d6+6 damage)
Horde of 6 B (30 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 11, To Dodge 11
Zerg Rush (1d6+6 damage)
Blaster Barrage(2d6+6 damage)

Round one start!
----------
Horde of 6 B’s turn!

One group of six immediately began to charge Fluut, but Fluut, energized now, easily wove between their charging metal bodies, the muscles in his legs tensing as he prepared to strike.

Horde of 6 B attacks Fluut and misses!
Fluut’s turn!

Moments later, Fluut was ready. He planted one foot, once again rotating his body perfectly to kick out at the encroaching sentries. His foot went through three like butter, the other three sentries scrambling to get out of the way. Three perfectly bisected sentries hit the floor with a piercing “clank!” Fluut stood up straight again, resuming his stance as he looked at the remaining ones.

Fluut attacks Horde of 6 B, inflicting 15 damage! (HP 30 -> 15; Members 6 -> 3)
Horde of 6 A’s turn!

The second group of six, meanwhile, didn’t get too close, hanging back a bit and attempting to shower Lusk with blaster fire. This proved highly unsuccessful, however, Lusk evading the shots as he began his warmup, noting his song worked just as intended.

As expected, I’m full of energy once more…

Horde of 6 A attacks Lusk, and misses!
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 am

Lusk's turn!

After his song, Lusk's body indeed felt light as a feather, it was an impressive euphoria. Glancing back at the droid's which approached him, Lusk jumped off for them.

The immediate sentry was quick to speed up its escape from the huge fighter, so much so it ran straight into its comrades, before all six were demolished as Lusk swept his leg right through their metallic frames.

Lusk attacks Horde of 6 A with a Kick, and crits! He inflicts 36 damage, beating the horde in one shot! (HP 30 -> 0)

Feeling strangely confident, Lusk continued the offensive and charged for the remaining robots. But they'd seen the destruction the Namekians heavy limb had wrought, and scattered at the sight of his approach.

But they'd be right back he was sure...

Lusk misses a second attack... (AP 4 -> 3)
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:14 am

Initiative Order
------------------
Horde of 6 B (18)
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)

-----------
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 108 KP / 76 MP / 3 AP)
Horde of 6 B (15 HP / 1 AP)
To Hit 8, To Dodge 8
Zerg Rush (1d6+3 damage)
Blaster Barrage(2d6+3 damage)

Round two start!
----------
Horde of 6 B’s turn!

Their numbers had dwindled so fast, but the remaining three sentries did not falter, readying their blasters and aiming at Fluut. Fluut began to weave between the blaster bolts, cracking his knuckles as he prepared his fist.

Horde of 6 B attacks Fluut and misses!
Fluut’s turn!

As the blaster shots continued to whizz past him, Fluut approached one of the sentries, aiming to knock it back with one clean shot into its buddies, hoping the impacts would do the rest of the work for him. However, what Fluut did not expect to do was miss, for the sentry managed to remember how to duck just in time. Fortunately for Fluut, however, the sentry hadn’t quite figured out how to punish a simple whiff like that, and thus Fluut was able to evade before the sentry swung its arm at him to try to hit him.

Fluut attacks Horde of 6 B, but misses!
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Lusk's turn!

As the blaster shots whizzed past Fluut and his current opponent, Lusk had disappeared from their sights, appearing behind them, his weapon over shoulder. Raising it to clutch with both hands, he smashed through the sentries midsection as if using a blade to cleave through. They fell over, heaps of scrap, as Lusk walked up to the lone droid as it failed to strike Fluut, and smashed its head in with a downwards swing.

Lusk attacks Horde of 6 6 B with a weapon attack, inflicting 20 damage and destroying it!! (HP 15 -> 0)

"It looks like their defenses are running low..." Lusk commented, as the headless sentry tipped over.

"Perhaps...but keep your guard up." Fluut replied, giving some more thought to the situation.

TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:31 pm

With not much else to do on the floor, Fluut and Lusk continued onwards, descending the stairs into B1. As Fluut and Lusk crossed the threshold, both paused. A large group of regular sentries and one big sentry was on the floor, seemingly communicating with one another. Lusk continued to gaze a bit longer, and noticed, towards the opposite end of the hall, a second Big Sentry was emerging from what seemed to be a room at the end of the hallway.

“Quick, in here…” Fluut said, grabbing Lusk and pulling him into the nearest room just as the sentries turned, managing to escape their line of sight. Fluut and Lusk waiting, gazing out the nearest window as the group passed by, one of the two Big Sentries and the sentries heading up the stairs to try to resolve the ‘intruders’ situation. The remaining Big Sentry patrolled at the other end of the hall, seemingly oblivious to their presence.

“There’s still one at the other end of the hall,” Lusk said, heading for the door.

“You saw one…?” Fluut asked, having apparently missed that detail.

“Yeah. Looks like it’s hanging back… it’s not facing us. Shall we…?” Lusk clenched his fist, making it clear to Fluut what he intended to do. Fluut looked to Lusk for a few moments, and then nodded.

The door opened and Fluut and Lusk rushed while the Big Sentry was apparently distracted. By the time it turned to face them, it was already too late. Both Nameks struck it hard in the chest just as it turned, leaving a nice big dent in the machine’s torso. The machine ‘glared’ at them, as the Nameks once again prepared themselves for combat.

Fluut and Lusk attack the Big Sentry A together, inflicting 27 damage! (HP 94 -> 67)
----------
Engage battle!
----------
Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)
Big Sentry A (6)

-----------
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 108 KP / 76 MP / 3 AP)
Big Sentry A (Lv. 2 / 67 HP / 99 KP / 3 AP)

Round one start!
Fluut’s turn!

--------------
“Let’s finish it quick. Those other robots will be back any second now…” Fluut warned, crouching low to do just that, concentrating his Ki. His leg began to spark and glow purple, before he leapt forward, balancing on his uncharged leg as he thrust his other leg into the dent before the Big Sentry could defend itself probably, the Ki displacing against the machine’s chest and making the dent even deeper, the part where Fluut’s foot made contact opening up into a hole that left wires and circuits exposed. Fluut lowered his foot to the ground, and readied himself…

Fluut attacks Big Sentry A with a charged kick (1 charge), inflicting 21 damage! (HP 67 -> 46; Fluut KP 41 -> 38)
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Wed May 02, 2018 2:02 am

Lusk's turn!

The Big Sentry grasped the dent in its chest, checking the integrity, as Fluut lowered his foot into stance. The android could tell from the Namekians expression, he was prepared for anything.

But the sentry wasn't, as Lusk's heavy feet landed just to his right as it stared Fluut down, horn raised and overcome with white pulses of energy. The android raised one arm to block at the last second, but the blow smashed into and nearly through the elbow, slipping by into a untouched portion of the metallic torso and cratering it as well.

Lusk attacks Big Sentry with a charged weapon attack, inflicting 22 damage! (HP 46 -> 24)(Lusk KP -6 108 -> 102)

Big Sentry went flying across the hall, attempting to regain its footing as Lusk ran for him, more Ki appearing to coat his weapon. He was aiming for a quick and decisive blow, before the android could alert anyone else as they were meant to. But in his rush, he hadn't completed bending his ki across the weapon, creating a delay between his arrival in range and his swing.

The heavily damaged robot caught this delay, and reached out to grab the horn just next to Lusk's own grasp, stopping any possible momentum and ruining the Namekian's concentration.

This time, it had been prepared.

Lusk burns an AP (3-> 2) to repeat the attack on Big Sentry, but fails his Manipulation check! (KP -6 102 -> 96)

Big Sentry A's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 am

The Big Sentry didn’t seem immediately interested in continuing its battle with Lusk, however, and pushed loose from Lusk, bullcharging Fluut with the intent of doing grevious bodily harm…

“Fluut, watch out!” Lusk shouted, a tad late, as Fluut took the brunt of the attack directly in the torso, being knocked flat on his back, the Big Sentry leaping upwards, its metal head scraping the ceiling and kicking up sparks as it prepared to come back down on Fluut.

Big Sentry A attacks Fluut with Bulldozing Charge (KP 99 -> 84), inflicting 25 damage and knocking Fluut prone! (Fluut HP 97 -> 72)

Amazingly, though Fluut was at a disadvantage, Fluut saw the kick coming a mile away, and rolled quite easily, perhaps embarrassingly, out of the way, the sentry’s foot merely breaking the tile where Fluut’s face was a second earlier. Attempting to rectify its colossal blunder, the Sentry quickly curled one of its metal hands into a fist and tried to punch at Fluut, but Fluut rolled out of the way yet again, another tile broken.

Seemingly in frustration, Big Sentry A proceeded to charge Ki into its free hand and whirl around, preparing to fire a big energy blast at Lusk… only for the blast to fizzle out and the energy to be wasted.

Big Sentry A then proceeds to waste all of its AP (AP 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> 0) and 12 KP (KP 84 -> 72) trying to land further attacks on Fluut and Lusk, only for any attempts to fail in inventive and disturbing ways!
---------------------
Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)
Big Sentry A (6)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 72 HP / 38 KP / 4 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 96 KP / 76 MP / 2 AP)
Big Sentry A (Lv. 2 / 24 HP / 72 KP / 0 AP)

Round two start!
Fluut’s turn!

------------------
Fluut regains 9 HP at the start of his turn due to Passive Regeneration! (HP 72 -> 81)

Fluut rose to his feet, the robot still processing how he could have failed so badly with an open target. Seeing an opening, Fluut leapt forward, charging energy into his leg once again as he struck Big Sentry A directly in the dent in the chest once again as it turned to regard him again, the dent getting even wider now, the sentry’s knees buckling as it struggled vainly to remain active, critically damaged now.

Fluut rises from being Prone, and uses 1 AP to attack the Big Sentry A with a charged kick, inflicting 17 damage! (Big Sentry A HP 24 -> 7; Fluut AP 4 -> 3)
All at once, the sentry began to charge energy again, the dark gray metal beginning to glow red.

“Not again…” Fluut merely said, his knuckles cracking as he clenched his fist, “I’ll stop you this time.”

Extending his arm out, Fluut punched at the sentry. This time, Fluut’s punch undoubtedly hit home, no narrow survival of the Big Sentry. He had intended to tear out the core entirely, but it seemed that his punch was a bit too strong. Either way, his attack did what it was supposed to, cause the Big Sentry to cease functioning. Its arms went slack, and it fell facefirst to the ground with a loud ‘clang’…

Fluut retracted his arm and listened intently for a few moments. He could hear above. The sentries that had went upstairs were starting to come back. Their pace seemed…relaxed, all things considered, but even at that pace, Fluut knew they’d be back down soon.

“They’re coming,” Fluut observed.

Fluut then uses one more AP to attack again with a regular punch, inflicting 16 damage! (HP 7 -> 0) He however, fails to retrieve the core…
Lusk’s turn—more reinforcements will arrive soon!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 am

Lusk's turn!

"They just keep coming..." Lusk said.

"The informant told us as much..." Fluut replied, adjusting his heavy bag, "Lots of parts."

"Right...the parts..." Lusk said, having forgotten about the core retrieval portion of the mission for the last combat. As the sentries approached from above, Lusk took the remaining time to heal Fluut of his latest injuries. Placing a hand against Fluut's back, he called upon his magic and formed it into the Chiyujutsu, which flowed through Fluut as a fantastical glow, reverting his wounds.

Lusk uses his Chiyujutsu on Fluut to restore 25 HP! (72 -> 97) (MP -7 76 -> 69)
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sun May 06, 2018 12:54 am

------------------
Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 97 HP / 38 KP / 2 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 96 KP / 69 MP / 2 AP)

Round three start!
--------------------------
Fluut stood, thanking Lusk for his healing once again, looking around, deciding his next move, adjusting his heavy bag. However, he couldn't see much of anything.

"Do we have time to search...?" Fluut pondered, taking a few moments to relax his mind.

Fluut Rests, regaining 1 AP and 5 KP! (AP 2 -> 3; KP 38 -> 43)
Lusk's turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am

Lusk's turn!

"Somehow, I doubt it..." Lusk admitted, taking a breather as well. "And anything that may follow is probably prone to blasting in every direction..."

Fluut gave a nod of understanding, knowing why leading any droids into a room full of the objects they were searching for wouldn't be the best idea.

So the two prepared for the new forces.

Lusk rests, regaining 1 AP and 5 KP! (AP 2-> 3; KP 96 -> 101)
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Thu May 10, 2018 3:20 am

“I suppose you’re right…”

Fluut and Lusk spent what time they had before the next fight simply resting in place, awaiting their opponents. Eventually, those opponents came along, and Fluut and Lusk prepared once more to fight…
---------------------
Round five start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)
Big Sentry B (7)
Horde of 8 (6)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 97 HP / 48 KP / 4 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 96 HP / 108 KP / 69 MP / 4 AP)
Horde of 8 (40 HP / 2 AP)
To Hit 13, To Dodge 13
Zerg Rush (1d6+8 damage)
Blaster Barrage (2d6+8 damage)
Big Sentry B (Lv. 2 / 94 HP / 99 KP / 3 AP)

Fluut’s turn!
----------------------------
Fluut cracked his knuckles one more time, and eyed the sentries.

“I’ll make short work of these guys first…” Fluut said, rushing in, passing the big sentry entirely as he threw himself full force into the horde of eight. Swinging his fist forward, Fluut easily plowed through three, heavily damaging a fourth as he came to a halt. The remaining sentries quickly turned around, aiming their blasters at Fluut, but Fluut leapt up, annihilating four of them, killing the one he’d damaged so critically as he did so.

The remaining sentry, were it human, would have soiled itself in terror as the last of its unit. However, it wasn’t, and it simply stoically aimed for Fluut’s head, attempting to do something useful. However, Fluut wouldn’t allow it to pretend any longer, and flicked two fingers back, a small purple orb firing at the lone sentry, destroying it. Fluut eyed the Big Sentry, readying for what was to come…

Fluut attacks Horde of 8, inflicting 14 damage! (HP 40 -> 26; Members 8 -> 6) He then burns an AP (4 -> 3) to kick at them, inflicting another 21 damage! (HP 26 -> 5; Members 6 -> 1). He then burns an AP (3 -> 2) and 4 KP (48 -> 44) to use a basic ki blast on the horde, inflicting 13 damage! (HP 5 -> 0; Members 1 -> 0)
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sat May 12, 2018 4:03 am

Lusk's turn!

As Fluut plowed through the nearby sentries, Lusk faced off with the Big Sentry that had arrived with them. The two caught each other, both waiting for the other to move, and Lusk charged ki into his hand.

Big Sentry reacted quickly however, striking out for the Namekians face, who was quick to dodge. The sudden movement broke his concentration however, and it detonated in his grasp.

Lusk attacks Big Sentry B with a charged ki blast, but rolls a Nat 1 on his manipulation check, inflicting 14 damage to himself!(HP 96 -> 82) (KP 108 -> 100)

Closing his his burnt hand, Lusk would likely have let out a curse if he had been born on Earth...

Big Sentry B's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Mon May 14, 2018 4:27 am

Ignoring Lusk for the time being as bad luck claimed him yet again, the Big Sentry advanced on Fluut. Fluut had braced himself for a tackle yet again, but this time, the Big Sentry merely got close enough to attack, then kicked out. This caught Fluut off guard, and he stumbled backwards from surprise and the mild pain sensation.

This still left him seemingly open to a continued attack as the Big Sentry’s big fist prepared to crash into his head, but this time, Fluut managed to raise his forearm to disperse the force. Fluut stepped back out of instinct, waving his blocking arm for a moment. As the sentry prepared to attack him again, Fluut snarled.

“No you don’t!” Fluut shouted, twisting his body out of the way as he used the momentum to punch out. The Big Sentry was struck, its attack having missed, as Fluut’s knuckles crashed into its torso…

Big Sentry B kicks Fluut, inflicting 9 damage! (Fluut HP 97 -> 88) He then punches Fluut for 4 damage, thanks to Fluut’s Endure! (Fluut HP 88 -> 84; Big Sentry B AP 3 -> 2) He then attacks Fluut again with a kick, but Fluut manages to counterattack, inflicting 16 damage to Big Sentry B! (Big Sentry B AP 2 -> 1; HP 94 -> 78; Fluut AP 2 -> 1)
-------------
Round six start!

Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (17)
Lusk (13)
Big Sentry B (7)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 84 HP / 48 KP / 1 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 82 HP / 100 KP / 69 MP / 4 AP)
Big Sentry B (Lv. 2 / 78 HP / 99 KP / 1 AP)

Fluut’s turn!
------------
Fluut regenerates 9 HP at the start of his turn due to passive regeneration! (Fluut HP 84 -> 93)

The Big Sentry staggered backwards from Fluut’s counterattack. Seeing a golden opportunity, Fluut put his hands in front of his chest, his aura soon appearing. His Ki soon became gathered, his energy charging between his hands, a purple ball of energy crackling and swelling there. Once it became the size of a baseball, Fluut clutched it in one hand, bringing it back for a moment.

“Take this…” Fluut said, preparing to throw, “Purple Grenade!!”

The purple ball of energy slammed into the defenseless Big Sentry’s chest and lifted him from his feet. The Big Sentry sailed backwards, the energy attached to it exploding violently and blowing apart the doors. All that remained of the Big Sentry was a smoking metal torso and head, the limbs having been blown away entirely by the attack.

Fluut uses Purple Grenade on Big Sentry B (Fluut KP 48 -> 27), inflicting 82 damage! (Big Sentry B HP 78 -> 0)
Fight over!!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 am

As Big Sentry was blasted to bits before his eyes, Lusk had a look of surprise on his face. Pacing over to his friend, the battle over, he remarked;

"That technique packed incredible power...what did you call it, 'Purple Grenade'?"

Fluut gave a nod, rather drained at this point. It was time they finish their visit here. Both quickly got to searching the floor, from west to east. Fluut perceived with expert vigilance, and Lusk did alright himself as well.

In a room's closet, the two happened upon a number of bins full of what both guessed were parts of the sentries they'd so often fought.

In another room, they came across several glowing vials, and inspect them carefully. Lusk didn't recognize the substance a bit, but Fluut was quick to remember they were told to collect "vials".

Regrouping with their heavy load in hand, both realized they'd finish collecting everything on the scientists list.

"Do we keep searching around, or head home?" Lusk asked, unsure of if their time here was done.

"I'd think we should at least try to find that computer, but I think we've seen most of this building already." Fluut replied with some thought, glancing around again.

Giving a nod Lusk concluded: "Then we'll forge ahead, and finish things here..."

The two backtracked to where they'd begun their last fight, standing before the last door they'd yet to enter. Both listened in, searching for a hint about the other side...

"Theirs something down there..." Fluut commented, causing Lusk to raise an ear, "Below..."

Turning their heads, both noticed a button to the "door"'s left, and realize it is in fact an elevator. Lifting one of three fingers, Lusk pressed it.
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 pm

They could hear the soft whirring of cables as the box containing the elevator rose from its position. Both the Nameks were familiar with the concept, as they had had to use them on occasion. As the box rose to their floor, Fluut and Lusk prepared themselves, ready for anything. The door opened… revealing an empty, lit chamber. Dropping their guard slightly, Fluut and Lusk went inside. Fluut was the one to push the button—just an arrow pointing downwards. The elevator shifted and moved, the Nameks’ ears once again filled with the sound of whirring cables, this time as the elevator headed down a single floor. It was not long before they were once again staring into a floor. The floor was slightly darker now, one of the lights flickering ominously.

“Just like our base,” Fluut mused, “More than one basement.”

Looking around, the two Nameks could see clearly that there were no remaining bots in sight. Aside from unlabeled crates, there didn’t appear to be anything of value. However, there was a large set of double doors not far from the elevator. With nowhere else to go, the two approached the doors, and opened them. More crates awaited inside. The room was slightly darker, but was still somewhat lit. However, it was Fluut who noticed, at the other end of the room.

“Hey… there’s… Is that the computer we were told about?” Fluut asked. Lusk turned his head, and gave a nod.

“Yeah, I think you’re…”

Both heard a noise, and both turned their heads in time to see something metal and robot with glowing orange eyes rushing them. They could see it was sleeker than a big sentry, but not much smaller overall. Both Nameks ducked out of the way as the robot slammed into the now closed double doors, one fist denting the metal surface. The robot turned to face them.

It was a large, silvery construct, with glowing orange eyes. Though sleeker and slimmer than a big sentry, it was still just as tall, and looked even better constructed. It slowly lowered into stance, eyeing them suspiciously.

“Looks like we got one last guy to deal with…” Fluut said, he and Lusk preparing for their next moves…
------------------------
Engage Battle!

Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (15)
Lusk (10)
Elite Sentry (6)

-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 93 HP / 27 KP / 1 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 82 HP / 100 KP / 69 MP / 4 AP)
Elite Sentry (Lv. 3 / 155 HP / 180 KP / 5 AP)

Round one start!
Fluut’s turn!

----------------
At the start of his turn, Fluut regains 12 HP due to Passive Regeneration! (HP 93 -> 97)

“Out of our way!” said Fluut, rushing the Elite Sentry. The Elite Sentry met his rush, and Fluut swung first…missing the Elite Sentry by quite a bit. However, the Elite Sentry was quick enough that even Fluut was caught off guard by the sudden speed change, and thus he took a crushing blow to the chest. Fluut coughed a bit of spit as he was forced back, knocked back by the force of the blow.

“Ugh… stronger than I expected, for sure…” Fluut said, “We’ve got a fight on our hands…”

Fluut attacks Elite Sentry, but is counterattacked for 19 damage!! (HP 97 -> 76; Elite Sentry AP 5 -> 4)
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Lusk's turn!

Lusk regains 9 HP from Passive Regeneration! (HP 82 -> 91)

"We've got a fight on our hands..." Fluut said, just before Lusk jumped passed him. The silvery sentry turned its orange eyes in recognition, and as the namekian tossed a heavy kick forward, they turned their body out of harms way.

Lusk attacks Elite Sentry with a kick, but misses!

"Quick as well..." Lusk said, as power filled a fist at his side. As he passed by Elite Sentry, he stepped off the ground towards the foe and slammed his fist into its raised guard.

Knocked off the ground from the strike, Elite Sentry landed down ready for more.

Lusk burns an AP (4 -> 3) to attack Elite Sentry once again with a charged punch (KP -3 100 -> 97), inflicting 16 damage! (HP 155 -> 139)

"Where were they hiding this one..." Lusk said. Neither had ever seen this kind of bot before...and it no doubt outclassed the Big Sentry model.

Elite Sentry's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next