The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1?

+3
Natsu Fury
TheToonKing
SSJRandomMaster
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Empty The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1?

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Age 750
Papaya Shima

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Extra803-dbz219-Papaya+Island

At last, the time has come…

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai sign-ups are open, and the assembly of worldwide martial artists is nearing completion. Martial artists from all over the globe gather here, on Papaya Shima, to compete to determine who is number one under the heavens. The victor takes home a hefty sum of prize money.

Of the one hundred plus gathered martial artists, only one can take that prize home. Who will it be?

Durian Airport

There are several ways to make it to the island when the call is out. A boat is merely one way to getting to Papaya Island. Another way is by air—specifically, airplane. Durian Airport is, of course, where these planes land. People are usually then taken by taxi to where they want to go. Typically, especially on years like this, this is to the Martial Arts Temple on the island, where the Tenkaichi Budokai is held.

And, it is this way that Jewel chose to get to her destination.

“… Never… Again…”

Much to her eternal regret.

She stood in one of the terminals, her hair feathered out and her eyes wide and shrunken. Opa bore a similar look, resting on Jewel’s shoulders like a startled cat. Had she known that monster would have roared so loud, she would have opted for the boat instead.

Why didn’t Howl-sensei warn me!? thought Jewel, feeling mildly betrayed.
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Empty Re: The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1?

Post by TheToonKing Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Sapote Seaport

The afternoon sun bared down on the busy port, where one particular ship had just docked. A crowd of tourists were stepping off, but one traveler was far to excited to wait even a moment more. The boy jumped right off the large boats edge, and landed hard down on the dock beside it. As he stood he thrust both fists into the air!

"Now where's the tournament a---" Arashi started up, before a cool breeze pushed against him, a blur darting past the port. The nearby tourists didn't pick up any movement, but Arashi had made out a man in a sweatshirt, hood pulled up and obscuring his identity.

Arashi's tail wooshed back and forth for a moment, before he disappeared into a blur of his own, curiosity driving him to chase after...

--- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- ---

Both dashed across the busy city, zooming through bustling modern streets at speeds beyond any of the cars moving. Anyone going bout their day didn't seem to notice a thing most of the time, besides a few skirts being tossed up...

But as they went aimlessly across town, Arashi was pressed to try and catch up, he just didn't seem able...

"What's with this guy?" Arashi cept wondering, though a grin was constantly in the middle of forming across his face.

Suddenly the figure stopped, and a surprised Arashi tripped on a curb and zoomed over the man's head. He smashes into an adjacent mail box, ending up upside down in the dent he'd made. His eyes widened at who he saw...

"Ah, how long were you behind me?"

The figure turned as he pulled his hood down, revealing the darker skin tone and short hair of...

~Markus - Arashi's Father~

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1535321348060

The man gave a rather childish sly grin back at his son, "Still can't keep up with dad's roadwork, huh?"

""No fair!" Arashi yelled back, casually pulling his dense uninjured skull out of the dented metal. "If I knew it was you I would have tried harder!"

He dusted his tattered outfit off, seemingly focused on that, before suddenly lunging at his father with hands raised, ready to pin his father down and wrestle.

"SURPRISE ATTACK!!"

Markus took a step back in apparent shock, eyes ballooning up. How was he going to react in time!?

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? C6d9648d35abff59c73dff10c750bdd2

But as Arashi reached him, the false dismay disappeared as a grin revealed itself. "Just kidding." he quipped, catching Arashi's body with one arm, flipping him around, and tossing him up into the air.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Tenor

Markus put both hands to his waist, head pulling back and letting out a laugh.

"Ha-Ha, we're calling that a 'surprise attack' are we?"

After a few seconds, Arashi came crashing down onto a nearby expensive looking car. Markus needed a hand to hold in his own laughter.

"Pfff- That one musta hurt!"

Arashi hopped off, undeterred, smirking with both eyes closed. "Ha-Ha! Nope! Maybe next time old man!!"

The door to a nearby shop opened, an an older man gasped, dropping his bags and rushing to the now dented vehicle. As he arrived at it his hair was crooked, clearly a wig.

"What on Earth have you done!?" he roared, the reflection of his face contorted in the dented metal. "Someone is going to pay for this!!"

As he turned however, he found father and son striding away from the scene.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 250?cb=20190224021525

"EHHHHH!?!?"
--- --- --- --- ---
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Empty Re: The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1?

Post by Natsu Fury Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 am

Running at inhuman speeds the pugilistic pair made their exit! Just barely managing to outrun taking responsibility for their actions. As they ran Markus turned back to his son. Somehow still managing to maneuver around obstacles in the way.

"No matter what don't tell your mother! You know how she is."

Oh, how Markus could remember all the times she waited for him to break his straight-laced persona so she'd have an excuse to go wild once in a while. "Sure thing dad, but you're gonna OWE me ooooonnnne!"

Arashi spoke with a cocky expression and tone that could almost rival his fathers. Markus sighed, realizing he should have expected as much from someone from the same gene pool. He assumed it would just be more money for Comics but little did he know what his son had in mind.

Soon after they each went from racing past people in the street to traversing the tops of buildings. Eventually, the two came to a stop atop one of the taller structures.

Markus let out a satisfied exhale as he grinned at the site of the city below and at the ocean beyond. It was moments like this that confirmed he'd made the right choice all those years ago. The beautiful sites one could never see for themselves at home beyond pictures on a screen. Be it the dazzling cities or nature's wild untouched corners, it was all for him and other's like Markus to see. Knowing that his son could experience even just a fraction of that was a win in itself.

"So...you really made it." He turned towards his son when just as quickly as they got up there his smirk suddenly faded. "Woah! What happened!!?" He shouted in shock pointing up and down at Arashi's mangled attire. "You were seriously roughed up!!"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1560130196602414975844

Arashi cocked his head with visible confusion. He looked down and finally took the time to examine himself. A good portion of his hoodie was essentially gone. His shorts had become short shorts. One thing he did notice however was the missing sneaker.

"Oh yeah, this? You should see the other guy dad or I guess Dino? I cleaned his clock AND nabbed some souvenirs! Check it out!"

He presented what was essentially proof of slaying one of the most dangerous creatures on Earth as if it were some sort of common trinket. By the looks of the trio of teeth, there was still some blood on the timer. Physical proof that these were, in fact, the real thing.

"What the heck happened..."
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Tumblr_mqe3l0FUlY1saqds9o1_500

"You just took the oasis down by Fungus Town, right?" Arashi nodded, confirming he stuck to the instructed path.
Markus rubbed the back of his head, surprised but not really disappointed.  "So you went and fought some big dino, huh?" He asked placing a hand onto his chin. "Well, you were probably alright since you could easily avoid its slow bite...But even I wouldn't want to be caught in a jaw of one of those things."

In an almost cartoonish fashion, Arashi started to sweat nervously at the realization. Though he had one there was still one glaring fact about that confrontation. The young man was barely a step away from death's door. "Uh. . . . . well. It kind of . . .almost . . .ate me"

Looking back at his son feeling more dumbfounded than ever before all he had to say was "Eh...?" Meanwhile, Arashi simply stood, there in near-complete silence.

[b]The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f46504e505149696c47637a4f56773d3d2d3137353339363730332e313433333766643335653938313335612e6a7067?width=438&height=330

All Markus could do at this point was sigh as he sat down on the edge of the building, stretching his legs out.
"It was your mother's idea, she probably even knew where you'd end up...But for her, leave out the part about almost being eaten. She'd never forgive herself. . .or you, if that happened. She'd probably claw her way up to heaven and drag your ass back."

"Deal!" After they both shook hands and swore to secrecy Arashi realized something or someone was missing. "Now that you mention it where is mom? I was expecting her to tackle me as soon as I got into town."

"She's still waiting at the tournament registration, I just couldn't sit around anymore, especially with So much fun competition around." Once again nodding Arashi walked over to his father sat down beside him.

"Hey Dad, I know Mom's pregnant and stuff, but why don't you enter the tournament? You've even done it before!"

Markus laughed, waving the thought away casually waves. "I'm not interested this year, besides, I'm in the middle of some intense weight management. I'd be swinging at half strength and that's no way to show respect to other fighters." However, along with that existed another reason. One that he wasn't quite ready to share with his son. For just a little longer, even if it were just five or ten years, there was something the martial arts veteran refused to give up.

Although a little disappointed that he wouldn't get to face his father in a competitive setting he understood. In fact, it provided him with even greater motivation to take the win! "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I couldn't respect a guy who'd do that. Then I'll just be the one to make sure the World title stays home at our gym!" Arashi started to jab at the air wildly! Clearly excited for the Tournament of Champions to begin! So that they may finally battle for the crown as they face down all challenges!

"Yeah...the title..."

Arashi continued to throw some playful jabs until checking on his dad. "What? You did win the time you entered right?" Unbeknownst to Arashi, it was that question that broke the camel's back. "That time six years ago. I...lost in the finals. "T-To...your m-mother!"

Just like that Marcus slumped over in a depressed daze. All those years of hard work just to trip up at the finish line. Popular combat sport talk shows to this day refused to let him live that loss down.

"Huh?!" Arashi exclaimed at the site of the bulky yet lifeless body beside him. "Wait! Dad! Keep it together! Even if we count the Tenkaichi Budokai you only have three losses! Right?"

Suddenly the depressed or around his father seemed to have multiplied. Quickly informing the boy that bringing up those defeats probably wasn't the best call.

"Come on dad! You're still a champ to me! Besides! The nice ladies at our gym say ya beat mom in bed all the time! So that's gotten mean grappling is her weaWHHAAA!"

Out of seemingly nowhere, Markus went from negative ten to one thousand in a heartbeat. Scooping up Arashi by each forearm and lifting him up in the air. Shaking him frantically for answers!

"WAIT JUST A MINUTE WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Markus soon set his boy down, blushing slightly. "Ahem..."

He had to get things off this topic...

"Right, the three losses..." he said, sitting back down on the buildings edge. "It just goes to show you, there's always someone better."

Arashi plumped down besides his dad, arms behind his head, "I guess so..."

Markus crossed his arms and leaned back, eyes darting around in thought. "Your mother? I've only known her to lose twice...during two separate Budokai before she took the title of No. 1."

Arashi turned over to face his dad, jaw dropping. "Mom entered three times!? And still only won the one against you!?"

Markus' neck bent at the mention of his loss, but calmly picked back up. He nodded without turning towards Arashi.

"Her two loses were against King Chappa and Son Gohan ..."

Arashi's body hopped in surprise, almost landing off of the building. The image of a ten foot tall silhouette with a golden crown atop it had come to mind...

"She fought a king!? And--!! Uh...Who the heck is Son Gohan?"

Markus shrugged his shoulders with a very light grin.

"Not sure. I hear he was an older guy, old fashioned looking...With world class skills in martial arts..."

Arashi quickly nodded, "World class, sounds cool."

Markus eyes his son's reaction to what came next, but delivered it like it wasn't a big deal. "But the real clincher... I heard he was the student of the Muten Roshi ..."
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Giphy

Markus let out a hearty chuckle. "Yeah, even you remember who Muten Roshi is right?"

"Anyone who goes down the path of a martial artist hears of him eventually...He's known as the God of Martial Arts, the strongest fighter on Earth...The Tenkaichi Budokai may decide "the strongest under heaven", but you could say he'll always look down on us from the heavens themselves..."

Arashi was getting dizzy at the prospect, head wobbling back and forth as his brain filled in the details...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 3415074_1385125489024.26res_237_300

Pictured in his mind was a giant elder, with the mightiest physique on Earth, a long beard and for some reason eye-brows, and a glare that could kill you before a fist was raised. He rode atop a massive cloud which dotted out the sun.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Kisspng-genryusai-shigekuni-yamamoto-bleach-vol-48-ssu-old-anime-5b3448bb1f8511.7245747615301531471291

Yet again Arashi hopped to his feet in excitement, fists raised happily. "Wait! Maybe if we're lucky he's competing this year! Just ta show off!"

He started to walk along the buildings edge, throwing jabs and hooks at a new imaginary opponent.

"Let's hurry up and get me signed up!"

"I want to get this party started and..." He rushed his right fist through the air, a fierce uppercut with caught the air around it, "Beat up the guy who lives on the clouds!"

He tossed a few more blows, before grinning back at his father...Who had his pinkie finger planted in one nostril.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Luffy_picking_nose_by_ponyjc
"Itchin to lose huh?"

Arashi turned back, tossing a few more blows, before slowly turning back with the most sly of grins, despite angry red veins sprouting from his head.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 93c

"Kinda like how you lost to mom?"

Markus immediately hopped to his feet, also disappearing and reappearing in Arashi's smug face, head growing several sizes as he yelled.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? AgileShortAegeancat-poster
"There's always someone stronger, alright?! It's a good lesson!"

Arashi's smirk didn't let up a bit, much to his fathers disappointment. To top things off...

"The only lesson I've learned is who my badass genes really come from!! Hehe!!"

And with that Arashi was off, rushing off the buildings edge and jumping onto the next tallest building, and the next...Intending to head towards the Tenkaichi Budokai participant registration.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Aemotions-angry
"Dang brat of mine...And where's he going? Don't even know where the tournament venue is!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere in the city, an elderly women was minding her business, walking down the sidewalk with her purse. Her pace was absurdly slow, inching forward like a snail.

Suddenly a young man rushed by in a full run, lifting her purse off her person, and continuing right on.

He rushed past a well dressed teenager, who was just passing by with his hands in pockets.

H-Heeeeelp! Thief!!" the elderly women called out.

Johnathan turned his head and eyed the apparent criminal, before closing his eyes and walking on.

The women looked a Johnathan in surprise, realizing he must not have heard her...?

"...You there! Young man! Please, my purse has been taken..."

Johnathan turned towards her with cold eyes, not interested. "Don't worry about it" he said, gently pushing past her, "That idiot won't last long."

Some sweat quickly collected on the women's brow, as Johnathan continued on. Around the corner the long haired man peaked over, before pacing over on confusion. He handed the old women the purse, which she quickly pulled forth a cigarette.

"Talk about heartless...Or did he know?" he man said. The cigarette was lit, as a rougher voice came out of the lady, one aged by years of smoking.

"Dunno...but this one's a bust. What a botha... "

She blew out some smoke, before returning her hand to the purse and pulling out a phone...

"What's the boss want with this kid again?"
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Gohan2535 Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 am

Passion Sweets
The most impressive candy store in the city. The front of the building is composed of windows to reveal the absurd variety of tantalizing sweets within, a child's wonder land where quantity meets quality, and at affordable prices too!

A woman and a little girl happen to be walking by...

The little girl held her mother's hand, looking around aggravated by hunger. She turned her head, looking for anything or anyone to eat. She glanced around only to find nothing that peaked her interest, until her eyes rested on the windows of the candy store. Releasing her mother's hand, the girl stared through the window in amazement and awe, seeing all the treats contained within what she could only assume was the God of Sweets' treasury.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? JGQ1KLG

She began to squeal, throw her arms up, and jump around; causing a scene all around her.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 559

Little Monster Girl: Abra
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? AbraDisplay

Abra quickly turned around to run over to her mother, grabbing onto her clothes and shaking her, "MAMA!! Abra want some candy! Can Abra get some!? PLEASE?! ABRA NEEDS IT! ABRA MIGHT DIE WITHOUT IT!"

The woman in question continues forward without turning back. "...Last time I let you eat copious amounts of sweets, you almost consumed everyone in that Mega Mall," She stops, removing what seems to be a cigarette from her mouth and turning to Abra.

Already assuming that the answer was no, Abra had dropped down to the grown, sobbing to herself, "Mama wants Abra to starve to death!"
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Ie3ojxuvdq711

Rose looks down to Abra for a moment, then decides to throw her somewhat of a bone, "Do you think you could control yourself, Abaara."

Abra looked up to her mother with puppy eyes, "Abra will be good this time, Abra promises!"
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? F36986d2e491a45a78a07811340f326a

The woman sighs, dropping her cigarette to the ground before stomping it out with the front of her heel, "Fine, but if you start going crazy again," her hair seems to shade her face, as her eyes flash with tinges of red and a dark red aura encompasses her; "...You'll be in a lot of pain..."

Abra's Mother: Rose
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Dd915a4-01c3167b-e71d-4139-a0a0-04bd0157b2c5

Abra stares in fear at her mother, remembering all the punishment she has received for acting out from Rose's wishes. The fear of it happening again kicks in, causing her to jolt up, "Y-y-yes mother! Abra won't act up!"
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? C6d9648d35abff59c73dff10c750bdd2

Rose steps passed Abra towards the sweets shop, "Alright. Come on, Abaara."
Gohan2535
Gohan2535
Gohan2535
Gohan2535

https://souzougames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:34 am

Somewhere in the streets the sound of rubber screeching across the asphalt assaulted everyone's ears as cars braked and swerved to avoid someone on the street. A boy carrying a metal box almost the size of his own body, a logo plastered on one of its walls.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Capsule-corp-logo-0F83C8C792-seeklogo.com

As he continued to move through the street, however, he didn't seem to pay any mind to the heavy pieces of machinery zooming past him. That is until a truck swerved around him and came to a full stop ahead of him. From the driver side window a man popped his head out, tossing a can which stuck the boy right on the head, bouncing off with a 'clank' before hitting the ground.

"Get the hell off of the road kid!! What'ra ya blind or somethin!?" the boy didn't even seem to notice the can that had hit him. Lifting his head, the driver could see the whites of the bodys eyes, and Rota raised a hand to wave at the mane.

"Oh, I am actually, most people don't notice." Any rage the man had seemed to fade away, wordlessly he retracted his head back into his car and drove off. Rota then continued on as normal, finally making it across the street. "City's are always so noisy," Rota would tilt his head from side to side, as though getting a feel for the area. With his heightened hearing, the rustle and bustle of the city was hard to ignore.

"Makes it hard to focus." he finally seemed to find a route and continued forward, that is, until he heard a few 'thunks' coming from the box he carried. He stopped walking and moved the side of the sidewalk, slowly and carefully placing the box on the floor. He opened the box, a cold mist pouring out from inside, any and all of the bystanders walking by taking note of a pale white woman sitting inside.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? HhYGZVk

"Did you need something?" Rika poked her head out from inside, shading her face from the sun with her sleeve.

"I want to walk." Rota extended a hand wrapped in cloth, and helped Rika up from the box. The crowd, though still shocked, seemed to calm down seeing Rika calmly exiting the box. Only to be surprised again when a wolf casually walked out from with it as well.

"How much room is in that thing?!"

"So where do you want to go?" Ask Rota as he felt around the box for something. Rika, meanwhile, pulled out something from her robe, a large parasol which she opened and used to shade herself from the sun.

"Well, you'll have to sign up for your tournament soon..." She turned to face him "You were so excited, we can't miss it." Rota finally seemed to find what he was looking for, pressing a button on the side of the box and causing it to explode in a cloud of dust. Afterwords were was nothing left but a capsule on the floor. Taro having picked it up and giving it to Rota, it was soon put away.

"We've got time, thought...." he couldn't help but rub his hands together in excitement. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to get started already." The trio continued down the sidewalk, several people giving them surprised looks which went ignored by the three.

But as they walks, something did seem to catch Rika's eye. Enough so that she stopped without Taro or Rota noticing. "Can we stop here?" The other two stopped, turning back towards Rika. Rota couldn't see it, but atop the store she stood at was a sign. "Passion Sweets" it read, and the front window giving a small tease of what could be bought inside.

He also couldn't see the face she'd made, nor the slight drool down her chin. A drop of it falling to the ground and seemingly freezing on contact.

But he could smell the contents inside, the sweet aroma that filled the air. He thought to himself, nodding his head in approval "Sure," Rika seemed to hop slightly in place in glee "I've never had proper sweets before...Did your father give you much growing up?"

Rota opened the door and let Rika in "Not a lick." he was going to walk in until he noticed Taro sitting before the door. "Coming?" Taro turned his head towards a "no pets" sign and just seemed to growl inwardly. Rota took that as enough of a sign that he'd wait outside.

"I'll bring you a treat." he waved as he walked inside. The wolf not helping but wave his tail at the promise of a treat.
-------------------------

Inside Rika could hardly take in the sight of the selection, trying to take stock of all the treats they had.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 05d

Gliding across the floor without obstruction she seemed to be in her own little world. Rota, however, wasn't as excitable when it came to sweets. As from the moment he stepped in his nose seemed almost aflame by the power of the sweet scents. It staggered him enough that he hadn't noticed his tail had unwrapped from his waist and was now freely wagging about.

"Should be grateful this isn't a spice shop...." As he continued in, Rota hadn't noticed a girl staring at him from behind a table, her eyes following something.....
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:40 pm

The girl was Abra, her eyes went back and forth as the tail swayed, seemingly hypnotized by the movement. She started to wonder how it would taste. She started to want to taste it. Being a tail she knew it had to be like meat, but soon she started to see only a long Tootsie Roll, limited edition probably?

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Holy+he+was+borderline+chad+in+this+one+at+_8a343a8739f6f5de54442df6745ec07f

She started to need it.

Abra quickly shook her head, pink hair whipping around, shaking off her curiosity. She looked towards her mother, before turning back to the chocolate to find the largest bar she could...

Glancing around at the other candy, Rose walked up.

"Oka--" as Rose turned her head she was cut off by the sight of her daughter holding a huge candy bar. A sweat drop ran down her head...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Hershey%27s_8

She walked up to her daughter and the table of chocolate, searching it through tinted glasses. "Well, I suppose go big or go home...as I've heard..."

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 5d56f24dd0df80783e98b63659623ce1--candy-candy-candy-best-candy

"This should do..." she said, hoisting up an equally sized chocolate bar, this one filled with carmel and nuts as well.

On the other side of the table Rika was trying to slide out a large candy bar that was at the bottom a stack of other bars, visibly struggling. Hearing her calm grunts, Rota walked over to help. But right when he arrived, Rika yanked the bar the rest of the way, the momentum swinging it back. Rota hopped back casually to avoid impacting the chocolate and breaking it...

Dip...

Rota had unwittingly dipped his silver tail into the nearby decorative chocolate fountain, and after withdrawing it the warm chocolate was already starting to harden. Abra walked around the table corner just as Rota starting to rapidly wave the tail around in surprise.

"Not again..." Rota commented, referring to some past accidental tail dips. Despite the situation, Abra was the far more distraught person.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? LastingBewitchedAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted
"So hungry! It looks so tasty..."" Abra thought, "But mama said to act good!"
She couldn't stop her hands from raising up to grab at it, not completely, she could only pull them back just before contact. She started to sweat, torn between the instincts of enjoying interesting candy and keeping her mother happy...

"Abra don't need. Abra don't need it. Abra definitely doesn't need it."

As Rota continued to whip his tail around, the last of the unhardened chocolate flung off in drops, some landing on Abra's face. In its whipping back and forth, the tail knocked into the contents of another table, getting all kinds of other candy stuck to the chocolate...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? ZkiuDwU
Abra's head fell, as she went silent. She lifted a hand to wipe away the chocolate on her cheek, looked at it for a few seconds, before licking it off...
Spoiler:
Her face suddenly broke out into a terrifying smile, one very unnatural seeming on a little girls face, as a crazed laughter left her lips. The little girl who'd first spotted the candy shop and happily wished to explore the "God of Sweet's territory" seemed to have disappeared behind this new want.

"ABRA WANTS MORE!"

A whistling employee who'd been walking up behind her promptly turned back around and walked right back. Rose was already at checkout, both candy bars placed on the counter. With her wallet halfway out, she glanced back at her daughter...

"...Eh?"

Meanwhile Rika had just noticed Rota's new tail chocolate, and pointed at it calmly.

"Oh, you've got a little something there..." she said, though Rota couldn't see that. Rika turned her head...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? KA2TQFE
And her neutral gaze caught the psychotic grin of Abra...

Spoiler:
Abra's head suddenly craned back, staring at Rota with a glare usually fit for the bloodthirsty, as she lifted her arm and licked a bit of chocolate that had dripped onto her arm. The moment it was gone, her head straightened back up and locked into place glaring right at Rota, who was facing her but couldn't see.

"Hey you, you give Abra chocolate." the little girl started to slowly walk towards the teen, "Abra wants more so you're going to give it. Even if Abra has to take it from you."

Rota's head turned towards Abra, "Chocolate? But I don’t have..."

His hand caught his chocolaty tail, bringing him pause...

Suddenly Rota's yuki-onna friend was lifting Abra up by her armpits, right overhead...

"It's a little girl." Rika said the rather obvious, apparently oblivious to the implications of the girls look and words, "I've never seen one like this before..."

Rota casually lifted a hand.

"Rika, you're not suppose to pick up random kids like that..."

Still holding her up, Rika looked into Abra's eyes and asked; "Wouldn't you rather have some other chocolate, little girl?"

Spoiler:

Without delay Abra started going crazy, whipping her limbs around in the midair hold. Her limbs struck Rika repeatedly without restrain, without much reaction from the girl.

"ABRA NEEDS ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE!" she screeched, "WHY YOU STOP ABRA!? ABRA NO LIKE YOU IF YOU STOP ABRA FROM HAVING CHOCOLATE!"

Her kicks in particular got quicker and quicker as she bombarded Rika's face and chest.

"Ow...ow...ow. " Rika calmly groaned with each hit.

Tapping her finger against the counter, Rose looked back at the situation.

Unlike Rika, Rota was somewhat tense from Abra's words, but more so the sort of intent she was giving off. It felt like the violent intent of a killer, but it was apparently coming from a little girl?

"Rika, I think you should put her down..."

With a foot planted into her cheek Rika replied, "Okay." and set Abra down. Immediately Abra screeched in the twos face.

"ABRA WANT THE TOOTSIE ROLL!" she yelled, pointing at Rota's upgraded tail. Seeing this, Rika pointed out, "She's pointing. She wants to eat your tail."

Rose sighed, turning back to the counter to finish her purchase before things escalate any further. "So how much for both of these? And can you make it fast; before my daughter makes to much of a scene..."

The cashier was rotating the bars slowly, trying to find their bar code...

"Faster..." Rose calmly pleaded..."

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? MajorRadiantEmperorshrimp-size_restricted

Rota gave a bit of a laugh, some of the tension he'd felt cut by the reveal. "So it was something like that..."

He crouched down somewhat, raising a finger in thought.

"You're a hyperactive little one...Maybe you don't need any sugar, 'Abra'?"
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbender09 Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Abra glares at Rota getting agrivated even further. It then clicks for her, if she can't have there candy she'll just make them into some aswell.
"Fine! Abra will just eat everything and everyone! Then all the sweets will be Abras!

An index finger suddenly appears in front of Abras face, and wags.
Rika:"No, that's bad. All those sweets would give you a tummy ache."

"I think you missed a bit of that..."
Still tense, a sort of presence emanating from Abra...
"...Rika, step back..."

Sighing at the scene Abra has started, Rose slowly reaches up for her glasses, whispering to herself. "Damn it, Abaara..."

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Ezgif.com-gif-maker

Abra lifts her index finger as a pink aura begins to crackle from her finger. She begins pointing at Rika getting ready to turn her into candy first.

Rika leans in towards it to get a better look.
"Aw, that's pretty..."

The pink energy builds up almost like electricity before sparking outwards. It flashes out like a lightning bolt, but the pink bolt strikes the long candy bar Rika had grabbed earlier, propped up against a table.
The energy runs along it, but disperses with no effect. Somehow, Rika is now behind Abra, with her usual calm face.

"Hmm...Careful where you point flashy lights like that. You could hurt someone's eyesight."

Rota raises an eyebrow in confusion not understanding the situation. "Flashy lights...? What was the thing she did...?"

"It was a pink bolt of light...Ah, she's trying to show you."

Abra turns over to Rota. Pink crackling energy eminates from her finger again, now pointed at Rota. The building pink energy lights up Rota's face, but when the bolt shot out it traveled right over his shoulder.
Rota turned, hearing it swish past his ear, but didn't know what to make of it.

"You shouldn't go throwing things indoors..."

Meanwhile...
The Cashier finishes scanning the large bars, after rotating them around looking for a bar code for far to long.

"Two five-pounders...that'll come out to a hundred and ten zeni." He coughs audibly into his hands, before placing the bars into a large paper bag
"Would you like to open a Passion Super Saver account? With it you can earn Passion Points with each purchase, and spend those to get some sweet discounts...heh..."

Rose Stops for a moment, after she had obviously planned to just throw her money down and leave immediately.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 2z7g

"Passion Points...? Discounts? What kind of discounts are we talking...? 5%?"

The Cashier looking back to the pink spike ball throwing a temper tantrum then turns back to Rose.
"By the way, could you ask your kid to stop playing with that laser pointer or whatever toy she's got? Don't want her blinding any customers on my watch..."

Rose, as if only now remembering the situation sighs again.
"Right." Grabing the bag, placing money down before turning around towards the scene. Seeing as Abra hasn't gone completely crazy just yet, Rose makes her way over, taking out the chocolate bar and beginning to unwrap it.

"Alright, that's enough of that, Abaara." She picks Abra up by the collar, paying no mind to Rota or Rika, or whoever else, shoving the unwrapped end of the bar into Abra's mouth and beginning to walk off.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? TXFyBIF
Shadowbender09
Shadowbender09

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:21 pm

As she was tugged away, Rota and Rika thought of Abra as little more then a hyperactive little girl...

After tearing away the chocolate and candy stuck to his tail and tossing it, Rota searched around for Rika and asked;

"So you find anything you like?"

Rika was crouched down looking into a glass casing of jawbreakers.

"I've never tried anything before... It all looks so delicious, which do you think looks---" before she could continue she realized the error in her words, turning away 90 degrees and covering her mouth with her kimono sleeve.

"How rude of me...!"

Rota stepped around, sniffing at the air. He cringed at the intense scents at first, but found his way to a moderately sized bag. "How about this?"

The bag was filled with bite sized chunks of all kinds of candy carried by the shop, a little bit of everything their was to offer. Rika's stoic eyes widened somewhat at the sight. She unwrapped the bag somewhat, which she really shouldn't, and lifted a single chocolate out. She popped it into her mouth, and immediately was delighted.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Tumblr_pmvcpmbI2X1th206io1_1280
"It's good..."

"Guess that settles it." Rota tossed the bag up for a moment, before catching it and heading towards the cashier. "We'll take that bag. Oh, and a few cookies too."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 am

Jewel had opted to walk towards her final destination, Opa in tow. Though Jewel had intended on walking briskly to where she needed to go, she and Opa wound up taking their time as they traversed the island city, admiring the buildings and avoiding cars. Hey, she was walking there, why did they get so uppity when she crossed the street?

Eventually, their path became cut off by a fairly large crowd of people. Many of them had some kind of device out, one that produced flashes at the touch of a button—Jewel realized from her sensei’s previous accounts that those were cameras, used to take pictures. However, what or who they were taking pictures of wasn’t in Jewel’s line of sight. Whatever they were looking at though, was causing quite the scene.

“I can’t believe it…” said one of the crowd.

“What is she doing here!?” another chimed in, matching the excitement level of the first in tone.

“To think I almost took the day off and missed my chance…” said a third, “To meet the world’s biggest idol!!”

“Idol?” Jewel questioned, exchanging a confused glance with Opa. Neither knew what these people were talking about. They began to move closer, but still couldn’t see anything, the chatter from the excited throng of people much clearer now.

“Latest album hit the top of the charts…”

“Yet again!”

“I’ve got the magazine with her last interview right here… and now she’s right in front me… Think she’ll sign it!?” This man seemed to be a reporter, lifting a magazine on his person into Jewel’s line of sight. Jewel didn’t know why he had one of those on him, but it gave her a little more context.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Ranka_Lee_3399

Curious now, Jewel stood atop Opa. The boar had enough height to give her a boost over the crowd. Indeed, across the street was the same girl, but her face was void of emotion. She walked alongside… someone, to be sure.

“Imagine… an autograph from Sue-chan!!!”

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1453785490-5d7bdf612aab436cabad10445f3fef63

“Hmm.. something’s missing…” said another person in the crowd, and this momentarily quieted the chatter, “Where’s her SPARKLE~!!” The man did a rather goofy pose… and for some reason a star sprouted from his subsequent wink.

She doesn’t look like— Jewel thought, her mental train going back to her initial thoughts when she heard the word “Idol”…

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 5414262685_2b35803f5f_b-1024x768

But of course not… that’s ridiculous, Jewel scolded herself, If something like that were running around, I’d have seen that before now…

Her eyes trailed to the magazine cover just as it left her line of sight again. The sight didn’t gel, and that odd pose the guy struck a moment ago… she couldn’t see the “Sue-chan” in front of her doing that pose. Jewel mumbled uncontrollably as she watched the form of the so-called “Idol” move away.

“Maybe an identical twin sister…?”
---------------
The man with the magazine, meanwhile, had managed to free himself from the crowd, tiptoeing over to the girl and her companion. Once he was within range, he darted in front of them and thrust out the magazine.

“Please,” he begged, “Could you kindly sign this with a SPARKLE~, Sue-chan??”

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Koukakunoregioswpid-regios04-49
“I’m not ‘Suechan’…” said “Sue”, clearly confused, “I’m Num—"

“Come, Nana!!” her companion suddenly interrupted. The person continued on ahead. They were wearing a modest feminine dress and leggings, revealing no skin, plus a headscarf and large glasses. Despite dressing as a woman, the voice that boomed forth did not fit an old woman.

Nana, as she was called, turned from the reporter with the unsigned magazine and moved away.

“Not Sue-chan…? But you have to be…” The man paused, performing a double take, “Could it be, she doesn’t want to be recognized on her vacation?”

He gazed upon the retreating form of “Nana’s” companion, and realized something else was amiss.

“She’s all covered up… then why not Sue-chan, who you’d want to hide…?” A sweat drop ran down the back of his head as he considered this logic hole.
--------
Jewel had managed to get past the crowd that had gathered, Opa in tow. She soon caught up to the two that had made quite the crowd, trailing behind by a bit. However, her gaze soon shifted upwards, and her eyes widened as she realized what was ahead.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Tenkaichi-budokai-entrance

Jewel’s eyes trembled for a moment. This was it. She was here. It was almost time to enter the proving grounds. Her trembling gaze lowered to her open palm… and her fingers closed into a fist, a serious look crossing her features. There was only one step left now—

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

A hollering blur suddenly shot right past her, blowing Jewel’s golden locks all over the place. Jewel blinked, her serious demeanor momentarily broken. The blur darted in through the entrance ahead, a cocky grin on its face.

At the entrance, countless martial artists of all sizes were gathered. Huge, small, human-types and animal-types, from gi wearers to the bare-chested. Most any type of fighter was likely to gather here for the Tenkaichi Budokai, and this wasn’t even the full batch for this year’s tournament…
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Empty The Yokozuna

Post by TheToonKing Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Arashi sped past all sorts of them, a grin across his face. He'd spent so long trying to convince his parents he was ready for the Budokai, and here he was, surrounded by all sorts of martial artists who could actually be worth a challenge. He'd finally moved passed the times of simply boxing his peers, the occasional spar with an adult at the family gym if he was lucky. This was the world stage.

He was so lost in that he didn't see anything in front of him. He slammed into something at top speed, but it was he who went crashing to the ground. Despite the impact he had felt whatever it was move slightly away from him, not as a result of his accidental tackle, but as a reaction to soften the impact for him.

"Ooooof!!" Arashi lost his breath.

A huge shadow was over Arashi as he recovered on the ground, a man with thick limbs like tree trunks, and a huge body like an unmovable boulder. The topknot atop the figures head hadn't been disturbed in the slightest.

Someone nearby called out in shock. "W-What is that kid doing!?"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 3386655_1381729124748.94res_500_281

Lots of talk started in the diverse crowd, all sorts of different types all arriving at the same conclusion.

"Did he just run into the yokozuna!!??" Someone shouted out over the crowd, "As if a man like him would put up with that!!"

Jewel's head peaked up over the crowd, once again standing atop Opa... (Opa: [sweat drop])

Arashi rubbed his but, eyes closed in a cringe. He thought he'd slammed into some wall...but looked up to find a gigantic sumo wrestler clad in a yutaka (kimono/robe) towering over him.

"A guy!? And he didn't even budge..."

The shadowy wrestler eased out a simple word in reaction...

"You..."

The crowd was thrown into a panic, suddenly shifting around all over in anticipation. Someone ran around the group shouting; "T-T-That brat's dead!! He didn't watch where he was running, and now he'll be crushed by the man who stands atop the professional sumo world!!!"

But as they panicked, Arashi was softly tugged up into the air effortlessly by the man, and placed on his feet. After that, the wrestlers huge hands smacked nothing but dirt off of Arashi's clothes.

"Ah, seems I wasn't watching my step... Sorry about that."

~ "Yokozuna" Makushita ~

----------------------------------------------------------------

"What the heck!?"
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Feelin10

The wrestlers touch sent Arashi's fighting instincts off, almost screaming into his head. It was strange, and yet nostalgic for him. The boy had no clue as to the meaning of this feeling, but he could tell what was setting it off. Their was a distinct quality to this man...

As Arashi looked into Makushita's eyes he understood. He had found this instinct blaring at him a handful of other times, against his very own parents. Much like them, this man stood in a realm only afforded to the mighty few.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? V102

Basically he was strong, really strong. And it wasn't strength which was reserved, nor was it strength he showed off. Without trying Makushita radiated the aura of a champion.

Arashi cracked a smirk, and even eased out a chuckle.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1560994632042636120786

"Nah, this ones on me sir ..." he responded, "Gotta say though, you're a pretty big guy. I bet ya feel right at home in a tournament with no weight classes, huh?"

Makushita gave a nod, an a surprising chuckle. The tense crowd jumped at the sudden sound. "Heh...You're not wrong."

As the setting sun came behind the yokozuna, it didn't show him as a shaded figure this time, rather it illuminated his brilliant form.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Yokozu10
"I'd be left out from everyone else if their were weight classes. Just like in sumo, I'm grateful to have a chance to challenge myself against anyone here."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:56 pm

"Damn, this guy. . . . he ain't normal. Not at all. I wanna take him on. I wanna fight him right N-"
SMACK

"GAAAAH!!! MY HEAD! Who the heck . . . oh . . . .uh hi mom?" Like a classic Predator looming over its prey, Arashi's looked down on her son with an enraged glare. As she cracked her knuckles the well-toned woman let out an intimidating growl. "The boy I raised wouldn't be so brainless as to blindly charge right into someone using his superspeed, so just who are you?" Recoiling from fear Arashi hid behind Makushita, but it did little to protect him from the death aura oozing outing of the tailed woman. "C-come on mom! It was an accident I swear! It was an accident I swear! I just w-wanted to hurry and sign up. Honest!"

As true as that might've been Shaya knew her kin well enough to know when he was seconds away from starting a fight. The way Arashi's tail tensed up and whipped at the ground was a dead give away. No excuses would save the boy's rear end this time but instead, it would be the words of the very man he attempted to use as a human shield. Raising an eyebrow with uncertainty Makushita asked in both awe and confusion. "S-Shaya?"

For the first time in his life, Arashi would look up to see his mother  . . . . .BLUSHING AS SHE SPOKE?! "M-Maku..."
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Seiren-blush

"M-Mom!?!?HOW DO YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHGAH!!?" In the midst of Arashi's question, he had made the mistake of abandoning the only organism within twelve meters that could defend him. As expected Shaya took the shot and brought a hammer fist down on his skull. Burying the kid's face into the concrete below. A unified "OOF" rang from the surrounding crowd as a result. Only for the boy to pull his head free in a matter of seconds. "Hey, where is your head at...Nothing happened between us or anything..."

"EH!? Those faces are totally out of character, Mom!!" Arashi and Shaya suddenly feel a hand placed on each of their shoulders. Markus emerged out of seemingly nowhere and much like his wife was slightly annoyed. Only not for the same reasons as Shaya. No this happened to be something that fell in the territorial category. "Honey, care to explain why there's a crowd surrounding you, our son, and the Sumo champ?"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 pm

As Markus started to look up at the giant, his wife appeared between the two, but her tiptoes did little to help her cover the giant. She waved her hands around somewhat to try and draw away his attention.

"Honey!" she shouted, "How was your run!?"

Immediately blowing any chance at distraction, Makushita spoke up. "Markus. It's been awhile."

Shaya watched as her husband's face became cloaked in shadow. Arashi glanced all around casually, not quite grasping any of the tension. Markus stepped between his family and up to the huge sumo wrestler. Markus was a very tall man, but Makushita towered over even him.

"Ah, it's this sumo champ, I didn't notice..."

He clearly had.

Makushita's face could be described as serious, but he still smiled at the encounter. "It's good to see you. So you're entering the Budokai then?"

Arashi glanced off, then to the ground, remembering their prior conversation. But despite that very conversation, Markus looked up at Makushita with a wild grin, before matter-of-factly declaring;

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Soul-Eater1
"Yep, I came to kick your ass---!!"

But as soon as that moment had come, Shaya's fist knocked casually into the side of Markus' skull, calmly tilting it.

"..."

"He's not entering." Shaya corrected.

Markus crossed his arms over his chest, cheeks flushing for a moment, "No I didn't." he corrected, "Lucky for you, I have a big title defense coming up."

Makushita nodded, but seemed pleased a the mention of the title defense.

"Well good luck to you..."

Markus nodded, but his fists clenched in his cross-armed stance, frustration apparent.

Years ago, Markus and Makushita may have fought for less then conventional reasons. Markus may have instigated those fights. It may have been multiple times. They may have never settled their last tie breaking match, after Shaya had interrupted...

Markus saw his son looking up at him with wonder, and realized something. He may not have to settle this himself.

"I don't have to enter."

Before anyone could react, Markus was lifting Arashi up over his head without effort. "My son is more than enough to take you on and bring home the title!!"

The crowd of future tournament participants around were frozen at the statement, processing it...

"Eh?" Arashi blinked, bewildered. No... It made sense, didn't it? "I MEAN! HECK YEAH I AM! I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!"

That confirmed what the entire audience of this encounter had been thinking, this had to be some joke. The crowd around burst into laugher, a diverse cast from all types of backgrounds all collectively howling in disbelief.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1560998251209947804241

One bulking mohawked figure, a physique not unlike Markus' covered by a tank top, spoke up:

"I recognize him, he's the world heavyweight boxing champ!" he let it sink in for a moment, "And he's to scared to fight in the tournament!?"

A bear-type man wearing nothing but a torn pair of jeans and a coat of scars across his chest, seemed to agree.

"Not only that, he's sending in his little twerp to do it! Has he got no shame!?"

Soon everyone was joining in....

"Shame or not, it sure is hilarious! Some brat facing off against the world's only yokozuna!? The world's strongest wrestler in his prime! Can you believe it!? BAHAHAHA!"

The laughter continued on...Shaya's head lowered in frustration. She held back on shouting right back at them...

"Tch, why'd you open your big mouth, Markus..."

"Yeah, its only natural he'd lose to someone like Maku, that's why we agreed to let him come to the Budokai...to teach him some humility...So what the hell are you doing!?"

"Markus." Makushita calmly said, "Is this a joke?"

The champ grinned back at the yokozuna. "Nope. My son may have decided to enter all on his own, but he can take on my will and toss you out of the ring. I'm sure of it."

Arashi's attempt at a stoic face in response to the crowds negativity softened, crumbling away.

"Dad..."

But the crowds laughter however was louder then ever. Only two seemed to take it seriously.

Makushita nodded, "I see."

Suddenly he was lifting up one leg, in standard sumo practice, before slamming it back into the ground. The ground beneath everyones feet shook, the intense slam silencing all of the laughs.

"Then their shouldn't be a bit of laughter. I look forward to any challenger."

The crowd remained silent, and so did the family, as Makushita continued on to the registration table...

--- --- ---
--- --- ---

After he'd finished, he started on his way, before finding himself face to face with Arashi.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 156100083988534907339

"Hmm..." Makushita seemed to consider him, "Interesting..."

It had little intent behind it, no emotions to place. Arashi watched him leave intensely, but dropped his head back...

"Dad...Mom...I don't get it."

"Don't get what?"

Arashi's head straighted back out, "If he's suppose to be this fancy big shot... Why is he so nice? Where's the trash talk? The cocky attitude?"

Both parents blinked at the statement, exchanged a glance between each other, and finally they to had to laugh at their son. Arashi was very confused... "Eh!?"

"That's for you to figure out kiddo." Shaya said.

"If you wanna know then ya gotta earn it." Markus continued for her, "The answer to what it really means... to be strong."

Arashi pondered this, and honestly wanted to just ask for that answer. What does it mean?

Jewel had been privy to the entire event, she was the other besides Makushita who'd taken any of these declarations seriously. She considered Arashi's words, how he'd beat everyone here...How he seemed intent on winning.

"Those are some big words to be spouting, but... am I not here for the same reason? To see how far I come on the world stage?"

What it means to be strong.

Only someone who understands such a thing can dream of becoming number one.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Elsewhere Johnathan was walking through the tournament grounds, numerous participants passing by. He strode with is eyes currently closed, both hands planted in his pockets. Despite his closed eyes, he easily picked up on someone walking by and walked accordingly, and yet he was cut off regardless. His eyes opened as he walked into a huge figure...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Giran_10

They weren't a normal human or animal-type, appearing more like a dinosaur-man. A tail remained uncovered by his long traveling cloak.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Giran_11

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Latest?cb=20110714231610
"Huh? What're you doing running into me, you trash..."

Without warning the dinosaur-man's huge tail lifted up and swung out right for Johnathan. "Get lost!!"

Johnathan's sharp eyes flicked towards the oncoming tail, but it was just inches away from his face...

POOOOWW

The teen was sent spiralling off of his feet, over a multitude of martial artist's heads, and into a nearby wall. The structure erupted into a cloud of dust and debris. The crowd around started to murmur in shock. As the attacker took a few more steps, he shook the ground ever so lightly.

"Maybe now you'll know your place and stay out of the way of strong guys like me! Bahahaha!!"

The crowds chatter intensified...

"H-Hey isn't that...!?"

"The professional rampager...The Giras who came to civilization just to destroy things...He's...Giran!!"

~"Kaiju" Giran~
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:10 am

"Is that it?"

Giran stops laughing..and slowly turns towards the cloud of dust.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Maxresdefault
The other martial artists around turn towards the cloud in shock themselves. As it slowly reveals Johnathan, kneeling. A trail of blood flowing from his mouth.

"You had a good opening there. and this is all you did?" Johnathan says, slowly beginning to rise to his feet. He wipes the blood off with his sleeve. Never breaking eye contact with Giran

"Still alive? Most would have been broken after one of my mighty blows...." Giran says, turning towards the young Human. he begins walking towards him, slowly. his feet seeming to quake the ground around him with every step.

"Hm?" Giran lifts his hand to his non-existant ear. "Did you say something? You couldn't have... That'd be like begging for another thrashing..."

Johnathan smirks. "Oh you heard me clearly enough i'd wager."

Thump

Giran is standing right infront of Johnathan now, towering over him. glaring down at the boy, his face half-shaded.

"Gimme one more, please...Give me an excuse to get to work without getting payed." Giran says
"When people need things demolished, they call me. So gimme attitude one more time, so I can smash you until theirs not a trace..."
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Seryu-ubiuqitous-with-a-dark-smile.jpg

Johnathan looks up at Giran wordlessly, his cold gaze unchanging. before his arm moves with a single blur of motion...

WHAM

Johnathan's punch sinks into Giran's belly so fast that the impromptu audience around them doesn't react for a moment...to them. it seemed as if they blinked...and Johnathan's fist was suddenly tucked halfway into Giran's gut...

Giran however, had his jaw dropped, eyes wide, gasping for breath somewhat..

"Y-you..."

"A word of advice?" Johnathan says. "Keep huffing and puffing yourself up...and this is what you can expect" Once again. Johnathan's cold gaze remains unchanged as he retracts his fist.  "So how's about we save the rest for the ring?"

"Y-you...."

Johnathan puts his hands back in his pockets, and turns his back on Giran. continuing his walk.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Spandam-shocked

"YOU..!!!!!"

Giran suddenly whirls around, charging towards Johnathan...his eyes blank in range. he leaps into the air. both arms raised to hammer down on the boy...

"YOU TRASH!!!!"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Kk

What it means to be strong...

Giran is suddenly stopped mid air, surprising him. Gravity doesn't pull him down, causing him to wave his arms, legs, and tail around wildly midair

"Now now, this isn't the time for any of that, youngin."
"It's as the boy said.... Settle things in the ring."

One arm was lifting Giran up, keeping him air born...
Johnathan glances back, to find a masked old man holding Giran up casually...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Grandpa_Gohan_Masked_by_dragonballzgtfighter

Johnathan turns towards the masked man  "Thank you."

the mystery man sets Giran down, gently. who stares at everyone, wide-eyed and clearly embarassed.

"Tch..."  he simply storms off.

"Quite a lively bunch that's entering this year...So youthful..." the mystery man says, putting his hands behind his back and starting to stroll off.

Johnathan simply turns away...and resumes his own walk as well.
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:46 pm

"ALRIGHT!!" Arashi yelled, stepping away from the registration table. "Now that I'm signed up, I'm ready to roll!! When's this thing start?"

Strolling up next to him Markus replied: "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow!?"

It at this point was reaching into the evening.

"What are you saying..." Shaya said, patting her disappointed kid on the back, "You get to stay in the tournament holders special accommodations tonight! The matches start tomorrow early in the morning."

"Awww...." Arashi's disappointment was real.

Memories came flooding to Shaya's mind, a blush tinging her cheeks, and a goofy smile forming on her face.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? ADWGjnO_700b
"Hehe...Your father and I have lots of precious memories from our overnight stays...."

"Shaya!" Markus shouted out, embarrassed. Shaya looked back, blinking.

"What? Its true. Besides, better he hear it from us than some rando."

Arashi's cringing expression didn't seem to agree, and Shaya didn't take this as a hint to quiet down.

"And besides...I scoped out lots of strong young ladies entering this year...Should keep your eyes open kiddo!"

Arashi's tail immediately got wagging like a dog ready to play. Or in his case, ready to fight. He didn't understand the true intent behind his mothers words...

"I don't really get it but...Sounds like fun!"

Shaya's grin intensified.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? PFQy4yB
Markus however...

"Honey, I know that look. Please don't."

But it was too late. Shaya had already started to stir up devious plans before their arrival...

The family headed off, ready to go get dinner and go see Arashi off to his accommodations...

--- --- --- --- ---

Rota and Rika had arrived at the tournament grounds as well. The nearby participants eyed the two teens and their wolf, but they continued on without much thought, Rika with her parasol. Even with it, her pale cheeks were starting to drip from their stroll from Passion Sweets.

While the the two tailed boys Arashi and Rota stepped right passed each other, they didn't seem to note each other...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Later at the registration table, the current attendant taking care of applications wasn't sure if he should start the latest form...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Registration
"Y-You want to enter, miss?"

"So many beautiful women showing up this year, do they thing its a beauty pageant?"

Rose casually pointed down to her daughter, who waved.

"...And her. Now don't make it a big deal and just register us so we can move on. We already know what we're getting into."

"R-Right then... "

He started to fiddle with papers, and soon wished to ease the tension...

"Feels like your average participant gets younger every year... We may need a whole children's division in the next few years!"

"..."

"Ahem... Mm...Names?"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

And so tournament registration soon came to an end as the night arrived. The plethora of fighters all retired to the Budokai holders prepared accommodations, an old but prestigious hotel where they'd manage to guarantee a room for everyone.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Hoteln10

--- --- --- --- ---

A seemingly vacant room with the lights left on...There, a mini fridge besides the bed mysteriously opened. The refrozen body of the yuki-onna Rika flopped out onto the floor, before standing. She straightened her new more casual kimono, the yutaka, before patting her body down to confirm she was whole.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 2fa911e5790a91ef7e8733af6c99ca2c34e19cd4_hq
Rika 100%

She glanced around the room, taking up a modest sitting posture, where she sat for several minutes. She was used to sitting in silence without much to do...but now...

She stood up, and glanced for the exit.

"I'll go on a walk...Maybe I'll find Rota's room..."

Then, despite the rooms door being in plain view, Rika opened up the rooms window, and started to maneuver herself out of it...
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 am

It had been quite the whirlwind since that earlier scene at registrations. Jewel had made sure she’d joined. She wasn’t expecting to see so many martial artists gathered, but that one was on her. Now, with night’s fall, Jewel saw fit to settle in her accommodations for the night.

Jewel sat on the room’s bed with a small sigh, setting her bag down. Opa moved into place beside it for a few moments, and set to moving around the room, examining the new surroundings. Thinking back on the journey it took to get here, Jewel looked up.

“Now that it’s just me in here…” Jewel said, “I suppose there’s no reason to keep this form up anymore, huh, Opa?”

Technically, what she’d done back in Fungus Town wasn’t quite proper form for her people. While the goons she’d confronted had been convinced to turn over a new leaf and hadn’t questioned her form since she only had the one tail, she could have been less lucky. They’d also been the only ones to see her true form as well, so ultimately, no harm was done in the long run.

In a moment, Jewel was back to her fox form once again, ears pricking up on reflex for a moment before relaxing, a golden tail swishing across the bed. The time would come for her to switch back to her human face before long, but at least in the privacy of this hotel room, she could be herself. Jewel’s gaze flicked to her right, and she remembered a minor flaw with her plan, one she’d only thought of after the fact.

“Right, the window. Better draw the shades…” Jewel rose from the bed, preparing to do just that. Or otherwise cover the windows somehow, before she could be seen.
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Meanwhile Arashi was laying back on his room's bed, while his parents drifted around the room...It was feeling rather crowded for him.

"What a coincidence," Markus spoke up, turning back to Arashi, "You getting the same room as your mother back then."

Shaya gave him a strong pat on the back, "It was your room that night, dear..."

"Hehe, hard to remember which it was..."

Arashi hopped off the bed, tired of sitting around and listening to this already. He still had time to explore the hotel before he'd need to get some rest...

"I'm out of here..."

He soon was out the door, his tail whipping out and closing the door.

"Arashi!" Shaya called after him,"Was he upset about something?"

Markus approached the door, seemingly going after Arashi...but his hand reached out to the lock and not the doorknob.

CLICK

"..."

He turned back to Shaya, who also remained silent.

"..."

She sat down on the bed, her own tail beginning to wag somewhat...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Jewel started to draw the shades, and a shadow immediately passed over her. Her quick perception had caught it clearly, the sight of a seemingly human body falling straight down passed the window. Though because the window shades were coming down, they cept on in Jewel's surprise and fell down, sending her scrambling to raise them back up...

---

Rika was falling, though she eyed the approaching ground without as much as a flinch. Though no ideas on how to slow herself came to mind either...

"Hold on!!" Jewel's voice suddenly rang out from an open window above. Rika looked up to see the golden fox-girl Jewel looking out. She reached down towards her neck area, and a white-golden spear appeared in one hand. She held it just underneath the spear head, leaning out the window as if to harpoon Rika...

One eye closed in concentration, and moments later she jabs the shaft end downwards, but rather then releasing the spear itself started to extend further and further.

"Grab hold!!"

The spear shot right passed Rika, if she'd been in the way it very may well have pierced her. Rika eyed it, her hair and yutaka blowing all over. Without much of a reaction she grabbed on with both hands.

Up at the window the moment Jewel felt the sudden pressure of a catch, she twisted the spear, and it began to contract. The situation was just like any of her fishing back home. The spear tip shot back up towards the window with Rika onboard, Jewel backing into the room as the spear loses length.

Soon Rika entered through the window, upside down and clinging to the spear in a sort of hug.

"Hello." Rika greeted, "Sorry to drop by, I was looking through windows when I fell..."

Rika glanced down at Opa, who'd been gathered at Rika's side during all this, and was now positioned behind her leg for cover.

"I like your piggy."

Still holding up her spear with a seemingly human catch, Jewel could only correct her...

"Opa's not a pig, he's a boar---" Jewel paused, the spear retracting a bit more to shorten the distance between the two. Opa jumped in surprise as Rika shot closer. "Wait...looking through windows? No, forget that, why would you put yourself in that position to begin with? A fall from that height would seriously harm you at best."

"Is that right?" Rika blinked, "I've never fallen from anywhere, that doesn't sound pleasant...Windows just seemed like the easiest way to find someone. Looking in each of them one by one."

Jewel was startled at the thought, leaning back, before moving right in.

"That's incredibly rude!!"

"R-Rude!?" Rika nearly shouted back, her arms slipping off of the spear. She landed on the hotel room floor with a thunk. From that position she quickly got on her knees and knees, and started to bow in apology.

"So it's rude to look into someone's dwelling without their permission, I had no idea!" Rika energetically spouted her apology, "I'm terrible sorry!!"

"Her cold aura certainly changed..."

Jewel's spear came back in to its normal size, and Jewel twirled it around unconsciously and returned it to its spot on her necklace while turned away from Rika. She turned back to her, "Just don't do it again... So who were you trying to look for anyway?"

She scratched at her triangular fox ear before freezing, her fluffy golden tail jumping in surprise. She suddenly realized her major boo-boo...

"In the excitement of the moment... I'd forgotten to put my other face back on!"

Her longtime master Howl's advice ran through her head...

--- --- ---
"Out there a disguise like this is a must..."

"As you know, long ago the Zenko who left the village would usually be hunted and captured alive...This is why almost no one is allowed to leave anymore.The kitsune taken were often forced to use their psychic abilities for the abductors own personal gain. Even Warrior-types like the two of us would be taken, seen as no different. Of course, the outsiders were usually surprised to find these captives without a lick of psychic powers, yet putting up far more of a fight! Hehe..."

"Though even more often then all that...Kitsune were captured simply to tear their hoshi no tama away from them...To the greedy, our precious gems are among the world's greatest treasures..."

"For that reason, never let anyone lay eyes on it, for out there even the purest of hearts will be corrupted by its beauty."
--- --- ---

Jewel's eye twitched at her mistake, as Rika sat back up in a japanese style.

"Oh, your pointy stick turned into a jewel...and it's so beautiful. Though tucked into dress like that, I can hardly see it..."

Much of the life suddenly left Jewel, her eyes going blank...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? B29a3556af73704303c57bb28415004b2dd69634

"She saw my true face and my hoshi no tama...!! I'm sorry, Howl-sensei..."

Back in Fungus Town, before the mob must have more or less dismissed her true face, they'd never commented on her being a kitsune after all. That's what Jewel assumed anyway. And they'd never seen her spear revert to its normal form. Meanwhile Chanterelle had only seen her hoshi no tama in said jewel form, when she had her human face on.

Now, this women had come in through her window and seen the whole picture...And any excuses from her past wouldn't work...

Opa eyed Jewel as she panicked somewhat internally. His eyes closed and he let out a loud snort, causing Jewel to sit up at attention. She quickly composed herself, calmly replying with closed eyes...

"I know... It usually only comes out when I need it. I... ah... don't like showing it off. It's very important to me..." she said, once again not entirely lying, like with Chanterelle. But now she had to change the subject, and and idea formed of how. "Much like how whoever you were looking for is important to you, if you were trying to find them."

Rika blinked, mind drifting off...

"Important to me...?"

"Like a friend perhaps?" Jewel suggested, "If you're here, maybe to offer them support in the morning when the Tenkaichi Budokai starts?"

When she said that, it made sense to Rika. She smiled somewhat. "A friend...Yes, that's who I was looking for. I should probably get back to that..."

Jewel nodded in understanding, though was surprised at yet another change of pace, suddenly she was leaving.

"My names Rika by the way. I'll be participating in the tournament tomorrow, just for fun."

Jewel hadn't expected that, looking at the women's delicate frame underneath her thin summer kimono...

"Ah..." But despite that, she sincerely continued, "Well, good luck to you. I'm in the tournament too. I'm...I'm Jewel. And he is Opa."

Opa snorted in agreement, no longer hiding somewhat behind Jewel as a result of Rika's aura.

"It was nice to meet you both." Rika replied, standing up, and heading towards the...window...

"Ah!" Jewel's hands waved around, "Wait!"

She stood and reached out for Rika's shoulder, just to redirect her to the door just opposite the window...But as she grabbed the shoulder, the body beneath it was clearly as cold as ice, like she was grabbing an ice pack covered in fabric.

"Ah, of course." Riak casually realized, turning towards the door. Jewel silently examined her hand, flexing the fingers. What was that all about?

"H-Hey...Are you okay? You feel really cold."

Rika turned back, once again mostly blank-faced.

"Of course, I'm completely fine. I just got out of the fridge."

Then she walked right out of the room, leaving Jewel to try and process what had been said...

"What...?"

Seconds passed before Jewel remembered to go about her business from before Rika's fall, and she went to close the window and shade. Yet she couldn't shake the strange encounter completely...

"What a strange one, huh Opa?"

Opa grunted back in response, before hopping onto the hotel room bed to test it...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 4074ddc5c9790dc96800eedb8c8b315d8fc825658b5f-o4X7Ar_fw658

This particular hotel was built atop one of the island's only natural hotsprings, thus was prone to lots of traffic from its visitors. Despite this, very few were currently partaking, perhaps already preparing for the next days matches...

Hotsprings - Male Section

This sections door was just a curtain, which Arashi walked right out of in nothing but the usual towel. He paced towards the hot water with wide strides.

"This place oughta get all the sand out of my..."

But suddenly he paused, one foot in the air. Arashi's eyes had caught sight of someone sitting with their arms crossed in the water. Despite the steam that permeated the air, Arashi could recognize him...

When passing through Diablo Desert, Arashi had came across a man training when they suddenly collapsed. He met this man's cat-boy partner Puar, who called the man "Yamcha-sama", the user of the Rogafufuken. Yamcha had recently been in a fight with someone who'd, according to Puar, beaten Yamcha up and "taken their suits". Being a shapeshifter of some sort, Puar showed Arashi the face of the perpetrator, and even with Puar's comical inaccuracies this teens two opposing eye colors were hard to mistake.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1e64972d86c88cea06acd170dd865ade
Johnathan glanced back at Arashi, oblivious as to his identity.

Arashi however, was marching right towards him. His feet hit the water with loud splashes causing most of the occupants to glance over at the fuming young teen.

Johnathan watched the boy approach, before closing his eyes...

"It's not exactly hard to recognize hostile intent you know..."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 am

The hotel was built atop one of the islands only natural hot springs, thus was prone to lots of traffic from its visitors. Despite this, very few of the current residents were partaking, perhaps already preparing for the next days matches. Off in the male section, a few of the fighters sought to remove their tension.
The sections door was simply a curtain, from which Arashi walked out in only a towel with wide strides.

"This place oughta get all the sand out of my . . ."

He paused, one foot up in the air, as he caught eyes with someone sitting cross-armed in the water. Steam was all around but still, Arashi caught sight of him. The teen looked back but didn't know him. Arashi recognized his hair somewhat from Puar's transformation but especially could tell his identity by the two different eye colors.

It was Johnathan, the one who'd apparently beaten up Puar's friend "Yamcha-sama" and (allegedly) stolen a bunch of their suits. The "rich snob" he'd promised to find and take down if he entered the Budokai

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 4074ddc5c9790dc96800eedb8c8b315d8fc825658b5f-o4X7Ar_fw658?width=441&height=331

"Wait. . . . don't i know that guy from somewhere?"
Images of a transformed puar flashed in his mind as he realized who was sitting before him. Arashi started to march on over to Johnathan with both fists clenched. Walking through the water and still wearing his trunks.

"....."
Johnathan stares forwards at the approaching boy. before closing his eyes. "It's not exactly hard to recognize hostile intent you know..." In spite of this Arashi simply keeps walking towards him. Johnathan slowly opens his eyes, then looked on at the approaching boy once more. He wondered if this intent could be misdirected. Until an undeniable fact presented itself. "No. . .there's a clarity in his eyes.....he clearly knows who he's looking at."

"....You know me, from somewhere. Can't say the same myself...So what exactly is this about?" In the middle of this encounter, a stray fighter or two glanced over. Disinterested yet annoyed at Arashi's splashes and partly by the arrogance of someone so even setting foot here. The huge mohawked man from Arashi's meeting with Makushita eyed Arashi.

"Hey, it's the 'Runaway-Champ's brat! Looking to start even more trouble eh?" At the sound of this insolent remark, Arashi stopped to look at the Mohawked Punk with an intimidating glare. The boy's entire body shifted to face the man as a few veins beneath Arashi's skin became visible. "Keep talking shit about my dad and your lights are the first ones I punch out. Last warning shit for brains."

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1513071953690_by_abdnext-dbwhmz2

"....Not bad." Johnathan thought to himself. A small spark of interesting forming from what seemed like another millisecond melee. Another spitfire crossed his path like many before him, yet for some reason, this one looked he could back it up. "Ehhhh..?" The fellow asked trying to maintain some sort of guts. Even when he failed to hide the shaking in his voice. "I'll let that one slide for now..." He leaned back inconspicuously and turned round to sit in the water. Only to start sweating not from the hot springs but out of fear. "Damn... One glare and my legs stopped working, what is this kid?"

"That's what I thought," Arashi remarked coldly before refocusing his gaze on tonight's main focus before continuing to walk over to Johnathan. When they finally met one another there were no more than eight feet between the two boys. To which Johnathan replied with nothing more than a simple ".....So...."
right as he closed both eyes. It would the growling of such a child was enough to interest him. However, garnering fear was another thing entirely.

"I got questions and I'm pretty sure you have answers." One wouldn't need Johnathan's intellect to notice the jump in Arashi's aggressive tone. "That kind of anger doesn't come from nowhere....and there's no mistaking it. You know me." Arashi raised an eyebrow in response. The guy seemed pretty chill for what the boy assumed would be a rich snob surrounded by girls.
"So, mind telling me what exactly this is about?"
Johnathan's words don't come off as hostile...just neutral.

It was just a shame that Arashi didn't share that same mood.
Each of Johnathan's eyes suddenly widened somewhat and flick to the right as the boulder behind him was blasted apart. With his stance lowered a little and with his fist outstretched was Arashi near the calm lad's head. "I said I'd be asking the questions."

".....Fair enough. If that's the case...then..." After witnessing such a raw display of power most of the male patrons sat in shock. They looked over to see what that boy, not a day over fifteen and not even close to herculean forms shatter stone. Using nothing but his bare hands. Numerous patrons with wide eyes slowly rose up to their feet. Then ran out of the water to leave in fear. Shaking at the memories of what that child brought flooding back. It was almost as if . . . . Monster Markus had returned from the days of his prime to rampage once again.
In the midst of this Johnathan motioned next to himself. Undisturbed at what had just transpired. "Sit. i get the feeling this might take a minute" The young man spoke as he motioned next to him. "Unless you want to make more of a scene?"
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 am

A body slowly floats between the two warriors...before jerking back upwards, gasping for air.

“And I thought my neighbors were loud…” Rota says, rubbing the bump on the back of his head as he starts walking away.

“I take it you two are in the tournament too?” He says, not looking back…

“Yep” Johnathan replies.

Arashi refocuses on Johnathan. “W-whatever! You! Did you walk through a desert recently??”

Johnathan raises an eyebrow at this. “Yes, actually...I thought it would be a decent warm-up…”

“It wasn’t”

Arashi’s blood started boiling..Lacking context he only saw such a claim as an insult to the wolf warrior Johnathan had defeated rather easily. To look down on someone after taking their money and banging them up so much that a real doctor should've been called in
The boy's tail reflected this as it slammed down into the water

“..?”

“You call what you did a warm up?!?!” Arashi says. Glaring daggers at Johnathan.

Johnathan doesn’t react for a moment, before smirking.  “Alright...that narrows things down a bit, Quite a bit actually.”

“Let’s see... “  Ignoring Arashi’s anger. Johnathan stands up. And begins to pace around the boy. “You’re mad about something I did in the desert..that was quite the trek, but in all of it there was really only one thing i did that would reasonably affect anyone else…you know about my fight with the warrior that lives there, don’t you?”

“Yeah..” Arashi replies. “I found him struggling to move after what you did to him. The guy couldn’t even drag himself back to his own bed!!”

Johnathan stops smirking. “Ah…forgive me if I don't exactly feel guilty for the deed..” He says, as he sits back down.
“WHAT?!?!” Arashi yells. His anger finally reaching a boiling point...before…

SPLASH
A sudden rush of cold fills the two as a bucket of ice water is splashed over them. ...near them stands Rota, holding the bucket.

“That cool you two off?”

Arashi turns to Rota, slowly losing his patience. Johnathan turns as well. “Dude, back the fuck off!!” Arashi says. “This isn't your business. I’d suggest you listen to him.” Johnathan adds. “..Though i WOULD prefer to talk about it in a more peaceful manner.”

“The tournament is tomorrow, you can wait till then. Or you can go fight somewhere else. Maybe a desert for all i care. But it’d be a shame to have to face two beaten fighter’s before the tournament even began.” Rota says.

“I didn't plan on fighting him, but fair point nonetheless.” Johnathan replies, turning back towards Arashi.

Arashi, however. Violently grips Johnathan by the shoulder. Sneering at him. “Fair point my ass!!! We’re settling this RIGHT NO-” WHAM

Without any warning, a foot came flying into Arashi’s face, Sending the boy straight through several stones. Once everyone realized who did the deed they turned to see a tailed woman in her draws standing in the Hot Spring looking exceedingly pissed off.
“I came here to make sure you weren’t peeping in the gir--- I mean to check on you, and this is what i find? What, Did we say, ABOUT STARTING POINTLESS BRAWLS?”  Shaya said.

Arashi literally came punching his way out of the rubble before hopping back to his feet. He points at Johnathan, shouting “COME ON MOM! THIS ISIN”T A BRAWL!!”

Johnathan...meanwhile…sits in his seet motionless. Looking down..

“......”  He slowly begins to stand, his face shaded. As he grabs Shaya by the shoulder, in much the same Violent manner Arashi had grabbed his…

“You…”
An image flashes in Johnathan’s mind...of two glowing, golden eyes…As he looks towards this woman..all he can see is a reflection of those eyes…

“......” Johnathan looks her dead in the eyes...his cold gaze completely gone..

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? A37
He says in a low...yet rage-filled voice.  
“STAY OUT OF HIS BUSINESS…..”
“HE HAS A REASON FOR THIS, LET IT BE HIS OWN.”

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? D04d468cfc375368ec6cd989b373d6c9
“Uh, hey Arashi??” Shaya says.
“Uh, yeah mom?”
“Who’s your loud mouth friend?”

Shaya not even bothering to address Johnathan directly only angers him further.
“...I can speak for my self.”

Shaya looks at him with a completely blank expression before asking.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Tumblr_nyyd195sik1sw97sno1_500

“...The name’s Johnathan.” He seems to calm down a bit. Shoving her back a tad as he begins walking off. Turning to Arashi as he does. “We can finish this talk later ...I..need to go for a minute.”

“HUH? WHO SAID YOU COULD LEA-”  Out of seemingly nowhere appears someone new. Without wasting a single movement He delivers a swift Karate Chop to Arashi’s neck. Cutting the boy off and knocking him out almost on impact.

“I think that’s enough out of you young man...Also, Shaya, PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!! You can’t just start running around after we...uh...” The Champion notices the crowd watching them across the spa.

Johnathan turns to the second interloper...he almost imperceptibly shudders, as he turns to leave once more, slowly walking away...
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Empty YOWZAA!! The Mysterious Seductress Gerie / Troublemaker...! The Biggest Storm

Post by TheToonKing Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:01 pm

The parents were off, exiting the male section. They'd both entered in tank tops, Markus wearing only his shorts while Shaya wore Markus' boxers as shorts. They walked down a hall, the unconscious Arashi over his dad's shoulder. They'd drop him off in his room and head to their own hotel...

But as they walked, something came into view...something dangerous...

"YOWZA!!" Markus unconsciously shouted, jaw dropping. A buxom women was approaching through the hall in nothing but a towel to conceal a fantastical figure.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? EIOBlZg
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Latest?cb=20120107085601
"I can't wait to get in that water!!" she shouted, thrusting both arms into the air.

Time started to slow for Markus, as the environment around him faded away in his focus, leaving himself and the women in a void. His expression filled with dread.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? C82a55934691de485d6b53b21d207311--tamaki-high-school-host-club

"This is bad..."
"If I make one wrong move...I'll die."

"Something on your mind dear?" a voice rang out in the void, snapping Markus back to attention. He creaked his head over towards his wife...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1461038178-1dd46bb3cb6fb655294ffae6b3587dfb
She smiled at him with terrifyingly uncharacteristic happiness...

Immediately Markus was flush with sweat, like he'd just spent quite some time in the hot spring.

"Not at all h-honey..." he replied. Though when Markus glanced back at the vapid women, his pupils dilated upon eye-contact. As the couple walked passed her, his head turned and cept his eyes right on her.

"What the...?"

A sly smirk slowly formed on the women's lips...

"Got him..."

However...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 325

'Husband...?" Shaya said, cloaked in her own dark malice. Markus froze, the color draining from his face until he was but a black and white outline. He quickly accepted his fate...

Before Shaya pulls one fist back, and with every ounce of her strength crashed it right into his side, cratering it in. His eyes bulged as his jaw dropped.

KIDNEY
BREAKER

Shaya's unconious husband hit the ground with a thud, Arashi thudding in return as well.

Time Until Markus' Recovery: 15 hours

Shaya gave a half turn towards the women, who jumped up in surprise after gawking at the brutality. Sharp eyes glared her down, but her tail gave one quick swipe through the air before she turned away...

"Hmph..."

She picked up her unconscious husband and son, effortlessly tossing them each over a shoulder, and continued on...

The women adjusted her towel, and stuck her tongue out towards Shaya's direction.

"I thought I had that one...He'd have been soooo delicious ..."

Her still outstretched tongue wet her lips before returning.

~ ??? - Gerie ~

Before she could continue on to the hot springs, the Mohawked Punk from early strode past, shooting her a glance. As he walked off she eyed him back, running fingers through her curly hair...Before strutting off after him...

The hotel room door opened from inside in response to the knocking.

"What...?" a muscular mustachioed man glared out, before being surprised to find the beautiful Rika standing there. "Who..."

"Not this room either." Rika said to her self. "It was nice to meet you."

She turned and continued on, the man watched her leave in awe.

--- --- ---
--- --- ---

After quite some time, Rika had knocked on the door of just about every fighters rooms, before deciding to call it quits...

"Oh well... He's probably sleeping." Rika figured, not all that bothered by it. She turned to go back to her own room...

Stepping down the hall a ways behind her was Shaya with her family, who soon arrived at her room just opposite to where Rika had given up.

--- --- ---

Shaya placed Arashi down on his hotel bed, some fresh sheets put down. The parents had asked as much when passing housekeeping while heading to the hotsprings, and they'd gotten right to it. Shaya had tossed Markus down on the floor for now, as she tucked her boy in for the only time in recent memory. Looking down at his sleeping face she couldn't help but find it disarmingly peaceful.

Of course, he'd been slowly flying into a rage not even an hour ago...

Shaya pushed some hair from Arashi's face, letting out a sigh.

"What a troublemaker you're becoming...Just like your..." she paused, remembering her prior conversation with Markus when arriving at Papaya Shima.

"Just...try to consider the idea he's a little too much like us."

As his words went through her head, the unconscious Markus rolled over, butt thrust into the air. Shaya gave it a swift kicking, sharp teeth appearing as she shouted.

"And yet you go and use him to settle some rivalry!?"

She closed her eyes, holding back another sigh, before sitting down on the bed. She was quiet for a few seconds before speaking to Arashi, despite knowing he was unconscious. He wouldn't actually hear any of it.

"Arashi...You're bound to lose tomorrow. Be it against Maku or some other unnatural talent that's sure to show up...But because of that loss you'll gain the potential to become much stronger."

She turned towards the soft expression on her sleeping son's face, and it brought her back to the hospital room after having delivered him. When he'd first fallen asleep while she held him, he'd looked just like this, in his mothers eyes anyway.

"We couldn't really have known if you'd follow in our footsteps back then...but y'know...we took a little bet back then. A bet that one day, not today or tomorrow, but one day... you'd be the one to cause the biggest storm*..."

And soon after, she gathered her husband and their clothes and made their leave...

--- --- --- --- ---
OOC:*"Arashi" of course meaning "Storm"
--- --- --- --- ---

Good Night...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Hoteln10

Tonight they rest...For tomorrow the "Number One Under Heaven" will be decided!
Just what does it mean to be strong...?
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:46 pm

The rise of the sun brought a new day, and with it, the opening to what many had been waiting for. Finally, the curtain had been drawn on that which is known as Tenkaichi Budokai.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-11h09m34s146

The tournament site is absolutely crowded with all sorts of different folk who have come to watch. A niche mass of martial arts fans who'd come to watch the world's most diverse gathering of fighters go at it.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-11h09m57s81

Amidst the crowed a tanned man brandishing a megaphone walked out and into view, the chime of amplifier announcing it had been turned on. "Will anyone participating in the Budokai please enter the competition hall so we can begin holding the preliminaries!" behind him many had already begun walking through the door.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-11h10m30s196

It was around this time that Arashi had arrived, beside him was Shaya, and Markus was propped on her shoulder as they walked.

Time Until Markus' Recovery: 3 hours
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Fury Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:56 am

"Man, this sucks. Dads going to miss all of my cool fights. Why'd you have to give him the Kidney Breaker mom?" He asked looking at his mom. Sadly, his words wouldn't manage to grasp Shaya's full attention in the middle of all that jealous grumbling. Even when she finally gave him an answer Shaya kept up that grumpy glare of hers. "It's not gonna matter much in the long run anyway. The preliminaries don't have an audience or even that many great matches. The top sixteen badasses that claw their way through will go at it in front of all of the spectators outside, and your bonehead father will be awake by then."

She let out of a heavy sigh as she quickened her pace. Arashi following after her. Pouting regardless of just how right his mother was. Even if the real challenge came much later the kid always liked showing off in front of his parents. It felt amazing, taking what they taught him and effectively putting it into practice. That chance would just have to come a few hours later.
"Oh alright. I'll take dad's advice and use the preliminaries for Tiáojiàn línghún!"

Shaya scoffed as soon as he uttered those words. "Buying into those fancy tricks, eh? That's good and all but don't forget fighting is PHYSICAL to kiddo." To which Arashi responded with a flurry of playful jabs at the tree trunks she called thighs. Shaya started to chuckle a bit; almost forgetting why she knocked out Markus . . . .almost. She was just about to give Arashi a "soft" subduing chop when suddenly a kind and familiar voice of a passerby joined her in laughter.

"Hohoho...Tiáojiàn línghún?"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Grandpa_gohan_masked_by_dragonballzgtfighter_d2w5809-pre

"A boy so young speaks of such things? How delightful." The odd fellow let out another joyful chuckle. Only this time Shaya wasn't laughing, instead, the tailed women looked on with widened eyes.

"Y-You're..." She struggled to form the words. A rather noteworthy name sat on the tip of her tongue when Arashi cut her off mid-sentence. Proudly puffing out his chest while cracking a smug grin at having been recognized. "Of course! Mom and dad say even if you aren't a super Genius! THE BRAIN IS JUST ANOTHER MUSCLE YOU CAN BEEF UP!"

Arashi then turned to face Shaya and resumed punching away at her. "And mom! Stop calling dad's super secret skills tricks! I saw you using a bunch of them when you beat him!"

"Oh you do not! You were nine!" She shouted in protest. Trying to put a stop to Arashi's shinanigans Shaya raised her free hand. Grabbing Arashi by the head and lifting him off both feet. "Anyway enough of that. Look Arashi, that man is who. . ."
She wanted to formally introduce the jolly old man, but when she turned he was gone. Shaya tried to glance around for him to no avail. The search got cut short when Arashi wiggled himself free of her grip and started walking over to the preliminary hall. "Alright, I'm off. We can find that cool masked guy later!"

The eager little pugilist didn't get far. In a split second, Shaya picked him up by his tattered shirt collar and marched towards the nearest bathroom. "Wait! I can't believe you're still dressed like that. Ya gotta have SOME class Arashi. Come on!" When they reached the bathroom Shaya rummaged through her bag for a moment, Markus still over her other shoulder. "I can't have you fighting in that. You're representing our gym in some small way after all!" With the haste of any sane person about to enter a fighting tournament, Arashi has changed quickly. Coming out of the bathroom wearing a fresh grey sleeveless hoodie and a pair of black shorts.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 15633992255211836206354
"Oooo!!! This looks awesome! Thanks mom! This is the wait . . ." Arashi examined the back of the hoodie further and noticing the words "Adamantine Gym" across the back. "...Using me for advertisement, huh...?" Shaya said nothing, but her proud smirk over having partly thought of the idea made the answer clear enough.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? PSNQJ
"Figures as much hahaha. Alright! I'm gonna go in there and knock some lights out! Next time ya see me I'll be at 100%!"
Arashi shot both fists in the air as he ran off to tackle his greatest challenge yet! Meanwhile, a certain individual watched from afar. Hidden inside the seemingly endless mass of people.
Much like several other competitors remained silent but vigilant.
Unbeknownst to Arashi, yesterday's declaration would not go unchallenged. Meanwhile, Shaya watched her son run off to try and claim the title of strongest under the heavens! Trying to keep a calm smile as she waved him off. Sweat ran down her forehead as both old and bitter memories came rushing back. "Who'd have thought he'd show up this year . . . and I see you're still wearing that mask, Son Gohan."

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-11h12m20s5

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-16h07m27s170
Inside the Competition Hall. The entire room is full of square fighting rings spread equally apart, the vast number of contestants scattered about and still increasing. A particular group of fearsome-looking fighters, all bulging with scared muscle and glaring around at each other, were doing their best to keep things tense. But a light continuously glared into their eyes, causing them to have to cringe or cover-up. The source...A nearby kid's a completely bald and very shiny head.
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Krillin_Bald

The bald boy turns towards the camera! Shooting a peace sign!
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 1282715_1379927765141_full
~ Former Monk - Krillin ~

A small figure stepped past all the watery-eyed macho men as he entered, somehow unaffected by the light, earning some glares of confusion from them. It was Rota. As he walks he seemed to be glancing around, a piece of paper in his hand holding his number. He stood there wondering. "Where was it again?" Still not quite taking stock of the guys around him, he stops just in front of Krillin and obstructing his view.

~ Former Monk - Rota ~
Then suddenly....
DOOOOOONNN
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Vlcsnap-2019-07-17-16h11m16s184

Several of the tournament holders are gathered at the source of the sound, one elderly man in particular at a microphone. Meanwhile, Rota was holding in the powerful desire to pummel the man who rang that gong.

"We heartily appreciate your efforts to gather here today, and from so many faraway places, for the Tenkaichi Budokai, which is held once every three years..."

Within the crowd Jewel, in her human form, is watching the speech. She's changed out of Chanterelle's dress and back into her native Zenko attire for the fighting as well. All of the fighters having a different reaction to the rules.

"As one hundred and thirty-seven hopeful contestants have come from all over the world..."

In his new jacket, Arashi punched his own palm in excitement, popping his knuckles.

Nearby Johnathan is leaning against the hall's walls, listening with closed eyes.

"It will indeed be..."

Among the fighters, Giran grinned with huge sharp teeth.

"A worthy way of determining..."

Makushita gave a gentle nod.

"Who is literally..."

Gerie stretches her arms over her head with an "Mmmmmph!"

"The number-one martial artist under the heavens." Son Gohan calmly watches on, expression hidden behind his mask, hands behind his back. "Of course..."

He stopped, almost like he was trying to add suspense for dramatic effect.

"There are only sixteen contestants among these one hundred and thirty-seven who will move on to enter the final competition. We will now hold the preliminary matches to choose who those sixteen will be, you've already been given your numbers. "Numerous fighters look at their papers, much like Rota's earlier. "I will now explain the rules of the Tenkaichi Budokai."

Arashi let out a groan from boredom. Mostly as a result of his parents having already run him through these rules many times

"All matches are one-on-one, set atop these rings. If you fall out, lose consciousness, or say you give up, you will lose."

The young Abra glances around at all the fighters.

"However, you must not kill your opponent."

Rose stood beside her, glasses glared.

"The use of a weapon is also forbidden."

Outside the Competition Hall, Opa can be seen trying to hop up and see through a window.

"That is all."

"Now you will all be split into your respective blocks based on your numbers, simply check this sign for your placement and head to your first matches!" The announcer motioned to a huge tournament bracket. Sadly, there was one participant who seemed to have no idea where to go. That person being Rota.

------------------
Official: Sir, I must insist you at least have an aid escort you to the arena.

Rota: [Smiles] I appreciate the offer, but I'll be okay.
----------------

A single drop of nervous sweat dropped to the floor. "Shoulda listened....."

Johnathan opened his eyes, looking towards the bracket. He then wordlessly headed for his block. Arashi, having already looked at his paper had already made his way over to the bracket early on. Passing by the short balled kid his somewhat annoyingly bright scalp.

"Man, that guy is gonna get on my nerves if I have to fight him outside." The tailed boy continued to press onward when he saw a familiar face heading for the same direction. He pointed at Johnathan as he called out! "HEY! You! Don't think we're done! I'm gonna pay you back for what you did to Yamcha! "
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Anim8or55 Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:08 am

In the distance, though the crowd loud with anticipation, the uttering of a single name did not escape Rota. The name echoed through his ears as though it was spoken right before him, and in that moment everything else just seemed to not exist. He tensed up, and turned his body, his eyes seeming to stop right on Arashi.

Rota walked through the crowed, swaying side to side to avoid colliding with anything, the others never seeming to notice as he moved passed them. Once he was clear, Rota stopped just short of a few feet away from Arashi, the other boy having not notice his approach just yet.

"Did you say Yamcha?" Looking over his shoulder he notices the source of the voice, the man who had cut of the conversation between him and his foe. Now stood asking about the desert bandit, though that didn't catch the boys attention the most. Rather the tail wrapped around Rota's waste

"Uh . . . . yeah. What's it to you?"The sight of another tailed human seemed to throw him off a bit. But he was ready to converse regardless. Rota took a step closer, a smile spread across his face as he could not hide his joy.

"He and I grew up under the same master." Rota clasped his hands together, his head tilting down slightly. "Closest thing I had to a brother, actually." Something seemed to hit Arashi in that moment, maybe it was guilt, or maybe pity.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? My-hero-academia-episode-13-in-each-of-our-hearts-review_qyrj

""Oh . . . uh well. You're gonna wanna check on him after this." Rota blinked, tilting his head in confusion. "I mean, he ain't dead or nothing but a guy with broken ribs shouldn't be chilling in the middle of a desert ya know?" Rota seemed taken aback for a moment as the thought of his 'brother' being hurt crossed him.

"What?"
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? ColorlessWeakFlickertailsquirrel-mobile

Arashi pointed towards the far end of the room, straight towards Johnathan who had been watching through the conversation. "THIS jackass robbed and beat him up! If Yamcha didn't have a house in the middle of that desert he'd be screwed!"

Rota pauses for a moment, a blank expression on his face after what'd he heard.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 5af3d95bfad24bcf6b1d4debbf1941f4

Only for the fire inside of him to ignite imminently after. He turned towards Johnathan, his eyes sharp with anger.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 2b1f82fffc04c362224950727948b0fa049e9f77_hq

"So then, was this what you were arguing about?" Arashi turned towards Rota again and flailed his arms a bit.

"Pretty FUCKIN much!" Off the corner a smug 'hmp' could be heard, the source coming from Johnathan himself as he began walking towards the two.

"Ah, so that's what he told you then?"

Arashi, preparing for a fight, took form in readiness.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 06eb9efec3297202445cde8f4da614ca
Anim8or55
Anim8or55

Back to top Go down

Post by theiceblade Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:14 pm

“I'll be quick.” Johnathan says.

“Please do.” Arashi replies. Still maintaining his glare.

“To put it simply, That’s not the full story. Hell, that’s not even the right story at all.” Johnathan smirks at the two. Clearly enjoying the situation. “But, keep that anger in your eyes, both of you.”
“I’ll tell you both the full story, After the tournament.”

"You think this is some kinda joke? Like you're some boss character who gets to keep all the secret lore till the end game?! SORRY PAL! I ain't that soft!" Arashi replies.

“...I don’t need it.” Rota says. Stepping up towards Johnathan. And glaring at him dead in the eyes.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 4syaj2x1uiz11

Arashi stammers. “HUH?! HEY! I FOUND HIM FIRST!!”

“You struck my kin, That’s all I need to know.” Rota Says.

“Ah, So that’s your type then...but let me ask you this...” Johnathan replies, returning Rota’s glare with his usual cold eyes.
“How long has it been since you last saw this Yamcha?”.

“..Several years, back when he left to travel the world.”.  

“And what, Pray tell, was he like then?”.  

“Like the man standing before you now, the man I admired, the one i wanted to be.”  At this point. Some of the other contestants had noticed the standoff. Some stopping to watch it.

Johnathan waits a moment. Before speaking. “Hmm. And what kind of man is that, specifically?”

“A man with Honor” Rota replies. His eyes showing clearly just how serious he is.

Arashi, meanwhile says “Damn, sounds like a good guy. No wonder that cat liked him so mu- WAIT!! STOP IGNORING ME!!!”

Johnathan, continuing to focus on Rota, says.. “Ah, I see..” he almost sounds disappointed...
“Then he was weaker than I thought. To turn away from his chosen path.”

“WHAT?!?!” Arashi yells..

Meanwhile. Rota seems somewhat shaken by these words..
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvCHGsxVik6SwHmy3X_3tgp3JdBb07NDD7d7cOqTDeXymnPC3hZw

Johnathan. Noticing their reactions, closes his eyes…  “Like I said, ill tell you the full story, after the tournament. For now, keep that rage. And regardless of the outcome..” Johnathan speaks. Directly addressing Rota. “You may need to go see him.”

Rota seems to tense up some more. But, closes his eyes, and lets out a deep sigh. “Fine, have it your way...for now.” he says.  “You can find him in the Diablo Desert.” Johnathan states. Rota half-turning towards Arashi for confirmation.

Arashi clenches his fist tightly, grinding his teeth as he glares at Johnathan...thinking back to his promise to his mother. That the next time she saw him he’d be in the finals...fighting Johnathan now would most likely result in outright removal from the tournament. So he turns to rota, nodding.

After a moment. Rota speaks “I will…” He then turns away from them both beginning to walk. “After the tournament”

With that. Johnathan turns to Arashi. Who glares at him once more and speaks “Yeah. it’s true. Ill take you there myself, after i demolish this guy…..” he turned away mid sentence to go find his first round match. “...in the ring…
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 98d9304cb162e94ed0cad7db0e6b9db8

As he watches Arashi leave. Johnathan states, half to himself. “And that’s why i'm not telling you now...” before walking off himself. The three fighters each going to their respective corners of the room.

A member of the tournament staff arrived moments of the confrontation breaking up, but noticing it has simmered down, simply backs off. A general announcement then sounds for everyone to get in their designated areas.

As johnathan walks however..he thinks to himself. "(To manipulate that kid like that...I guess i had you figured wrong, Yamcha.)" his eyes open, filled with rage. "(...Guess I'll have to pay another visit)"
theiceblade
theiceblade

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:17 pm

As Johnathan walked away, the scene hardly left his mind...

"...To manipulate that kid like that...huh. Guess I had you figured wrong, Yamcha."

His eyes pierced forward, filled with rage once more.

"...Guess ill have to pay another visit."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Krillin gazed around the competition hall, dwarfed by every single fighter he walked past. It was starting to make him a bit nervous, but it wasn't really getting to him..

"Well, if it isn't Krillin." a voice came out behind him, a familiar one. There, some feeling of dread struck him. He blinked, turning back towards the source.

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? DragonBall_E02001419707-48-29

It was two older monks from his past, whom had the same six dots burned onto their forehead as he did. The two wore matching outfits, that which Krillin had once worn...

~Orin Temple Monks - Hashi & Bami~

The two monks too dwarfed the child, reaching even the shorter of the two, Bami's, waist. Despite Krillin's look of worry, both monks were grinning at him.

"It's him all right! Can't mistake him for any other runt!"

Krillin started to sweat, "S-Senpai!?"

"It's been awhile, hasn't it? Since you ran away from Orin Temple in tears?" Bami said, still grinning down at Krillin. "How is it we're meeting up in a place like this?"

Krillin couldn't look up at them any more, lowering his head to stare down at the ground as he continued to sweat.The taller of the two, Hashi, suddenly started to pat his head.

"Don't tell me you're trying to enter the Budokai...?"

"Y-Yes...I thought I'd try my best this year---"

Krillin's explanation was completely cut off by a sudden roar of laughter from the duo. Krillin returned to staring at the ground in silence...

"What an awful joke!" Bami chuckled.

"Didn't I warn you, Krillin?"

"..."

"About how you didn't show any promise?"

Another person walked in behind Hashi and Bami, one only so much taller then Krillin. Yet, he raised his hand and grabbed onto Hashi's shoulder.

"Heh..!?" Hashi looked back...

"Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumber." Arashi glared back at him.

"Beat it."

The two stared back at Arashi for a moment, before their smug expressions returned. Hashi swiped Arashi's hand away.

"Friend of yours, Krillin?"

Krillin was looking up at Arashi in surprise. Bami suddenly narrowed his eyes, trying to pin something...

"Kid looks familiar..."

In actuality, Bami had seen Markus and Arashi's declaration to Makushita the day before.

Hashi looked down at Arashi, unimpressed. "Man, this place isn't a playground you know...To many little kids zipping around like flies...So, what's it matter to you if I shoot the shit with my old kohai?"

Arashi didn't flinch at eyecontact with Hashi, not like Krillin had. Until he craned his head back and looked at the ceiling...

"Yeah, you'd have a point..."

Before bringing it down, to glare back into Hashi's eyes.

"If it weren't for that last part..."

CRRAAACCK

The three baldies jumped up in shock at a sudden crash, looking over to see at tail, attached to Arashi, cratered into the ground and starting a web of cracks.

"I've seen tons of temples and I'm pretty sure telling members they aren't gifted ain't how they work."

A sweatdrop ran down Bami's brow as his mind tried to justify what the tail was...

"J-Jeez, what's with that heavy cosplay..."

Hashi came to a similar conclusion, paying the apparent prop tail no more mind.

"Heh...Being a monk is all about finding ones self...Back then we all just helped enlighten our kohai as to his true worth!"

--- --- --- --- ---
The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? Latest?cb=20100204065602
--- --- --- --- ---

"That's why you finally ran away, isn't it Krillin?" Hashi continued. Krillin, staring at the ground, winced.

"I..."

Bami meanwhile stepped back in towards Krillin, looking at his orange gi...

"Just what mini-mall karate dojo did you end up at? What's with the orange?"

Hashi leaned down to inspect it as well, seeming disappointed...

"You took our advice the wrong way, why won't you just quit martial arts completely already!?"

Krillin suddenly wanted this conversation to end as soon as possible, he couldn't take their stares any longer. Memories from the past flooded back to him...Just what was he hoping to accomplish here anyway...

"I-I made a m-mistake coming here...I'll drop out---"

Arashi abruptly disappeared from Hashi and Bami's backside, reappeared right next to Krillin. He calmly, though firmly, put a hand on the boys shoulder.

"Do you really mean that?" Arashi asked, Krillin looking up to see his concerned face. You going to walk out that door? Gonna let all that time training go to waste? Don't you have a teacher dude?"

Krillin considered the question with his head up. "A teacher...?"

Arashi gave him a sudden shake, jolting the boy.

"What would they think?" Arashi said, "They saw you off to the tournament I bet, huh?"

Krillin started to cringe a bit...

--- --- --- --- ---
Back then...

"KRILLIN WAIT!!!"

The voice was coming from...the Kame House bathroom...

"Before you head to the Budokai, get me some of those magazines under the couch! We're out of TP!"
"A-Ah! Don't look at the magazines though!!"
--- --- --- --- ---

After his delay, Krillin coughed into his fist...

"Something like that..."

"Well? Throwing in the towel before the bell even rings might as well be the same as saying you don't believe in what they did for ya. And besides..."

Arashi shoved his thumb back at the unwholesome duo.

"These guys are just scared of you."

The two's heads turned. Hashi looked at Bami, Bami looked at Hashi. They immediately both broke out into even greater laughter then before. Krillin side-glanced Arashi, sweat dropping.

"Are you sure about that...?" though despite his nervous words, is no longer looking at the ground...

"Yep." Arashi replied simply, crossing his arms.

"If you're here, you're in third block." Hashi put together, "What number are you, Krillin?"

"N-Number 93..."

"Hehe...Shall I tell you who you'll be fighting right off the bat?"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? DragonBall_E02001525909-04-13

"It's going to be me!"

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? DragonBall_E02001530509-05-58

As Krillin panicked, the duo's laughter returned with even greater volume. "Oh, you'll go easy on your old senpai won't you? I'm sooo scared! HAHAHA!!"

Bami turned away, trying to contain his laughter.

"Something to look forward to...Now I've got to head to my own match...Thanks for the chuckles kids..." he said, glancing back at Arashi and Krillin, "Try not to end the match before I can come watch, Krillin! BAHAHA!!"

Bami was off, and soon a chuckling Hashi was as well, heading for the two's ring.

Arashi turned back towards Krillin, calmly smiling.

"Looks like you'll get to settle the score huh. Lucky you."

But he found himself looking at a very dizzy Krillin, about to fall over...

The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai I: Gather! Who Will Become No. 1? 3415074_1385125489024.26res_237_300
"I-I'm fighting H-Hashi...?"

He finally fell backwards onto his butt...

"I really should drop out...He'll seriously hurt me now..."

"Would you quit saying stuff like that!?" Arashi demanded, raising Krillins gaze again, "Just give that guy everything you've got!" he finished, before grabbing the boy and lifting him back onto his feet. He proceeded to raise both hands and lower his stance, like he was ready for a serious game of patty cake.

"Here! I'll let help ya warm up! Come on! Hit my hands like you're striking a mitt! Don't hold back!"

"Striking a mitt?" Krillin, a monk since childhood, was oblivious, "What are you talking about?"

"Come on, don't you know a thing about boxing?"

"Boxing?"

Arashi sighed, letting one of his patty cake hands tighten into a fist. Next he punched right for Krillin's head.

"AHH!!" Krillin yelped, reacting instinctively with a raise of his hand and catching the fist.

"Yeah..." Arashi grinned, "Just like that."

He raised both hands once again.

"We've still got time before your match! Just consider me your second!!"

"Second what?"

"Never mind, just start hitting!"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next