The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet

2 posters

Go down

The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet Empty The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet

Post by Natsu Fury Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:37 am

During his jog to a training room Arashi couldn't help but feel an odd mix of emotions. He was happy to save those innocent people and put a dent in the plans of the ELA however his not even sure if he did. He struggled with mere foot soldiers and that blue musclebound Saibaman would've been a headache to deal with no back up. He was nowhere near the place he needed to be! As long as that man was standing this war would never be won. Ever since recruitment Arashi feared that even if he and his allies attacked that beast in unison they would all perish in mere minutes. The level of speed, strength, and durability that man had was almost demonic! Every time Arashi was struck it felt like Thor himself had descended to break the boy’s body and spirit. Reaching that goal seemed to be even farther away than before. Nevertheless this only served to confirm just how valid his previous hypothesis was. The best way to improve is through real combat!The Saiyan planned to save his friends and take apart the foundation of the ELA base by base until everything they built came crumbling down. The center of that wreckage would serve as the arena where Arashi would stand face to face with his adversary with new power at his disposal.

Arashi followed the directions from the General to the letter and soon found what he was looking. After arriving at a secluded hall he opened the large steel door before him. The room itself had as much space as a high school gymnasium. Arashi looked around in search of something until he discovered five cylinder shaped pieces of metal came into view.
“YES!” Arashi ran over to his new weighted training gear and when he picked them up he was amazed. ”They actually got the weights I asked for! Gotta say though. I thought asking for five 100 pound weights on such short notice was a bit much. Then again . . . “ The Saiyan looked around at the armed machine gun turrets and rocket launchers mounted on all of the walls of the room. Soon realizing the foolishness of his previous concern. He immediately began to slip on the somewhat hollow cylinder. One on each limb, his tail included. It took a great deal of his focus to insure his tail maintained his straight up position. “That guy . . . .grunt . . . . they got locked up arrggh went for my tail. Which means there are probably other beasts like him who know. Mom and Dad were right, should’ve ironed this out ages ago. Better late than never I guess! Computer! Fire up the training mode!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arashi initiates Combat Drill!  Conditions: Bullet Hell 2!  Weights 2!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The the thick iron door suddenly slammed shut! The guns and rocket launchers that littered the room activated, quickly locking onto their Saiyan target.  As he entered his stance a computerized voice spoke saying, “Training sequence will begin in 3 . . .2 . . .1!”
Almost a millisecond after the completion of the countdown projectiles began to rain down upon him!

As the shower of oncoming fire came hurtling towards him from damn near all directions, he just stood on the tips of his toes and sprang into action! Without even considering the option of dodging, Arashi stuck out one finger in each hand and proceeded to poke at every bullet that entered his “territory”. Each one that came into contact with his extended finger was either deflected or simply fell to the ground. The daredevil continued his stunt as he began to alternated between each finger, his pinkies included. As if he wasn’t having enough fun, Arashi decided to throw in a variety of kicks. The weight’s on his legs made aiming his big toe definitely difficult but far from impossible. He hit his mark every single time and continued to switch between parts of his body. Be it specific knuckles on his fist, knees, and ,elbows it looked like Arashi planned on putting his entire body through the wringer!  “That’s weird. Why isn’t the computer sending any of the rockets my way?”

“So far -WOAH . . .so good! Gotta keep an eye on my center of gravity! Otherwise-!” Arashi’s mental monologue was rudely interrupted as he jerked his head out of the way of a bullet that somehow managed to get by his defenses! It barely skinned the side of his temple but that one movement initiated a problematic domino effect. In the split second his rhythm was interrupted several bullets found their way to his bareback and right leg. Followed by more projectiles slipping through the cracks in his defensive maneuvers. Arashi continued to block as many as he could but no matter how many he times he switched between stances and strategies a few bullets still managed to make contact. “Ow. Ow. Ow. OW! What the heck is going on?! I feel like these weights are getting heavier every few seconds! But that doesn’t make sense I just started like a few a minutes ago!” As time passed Arashi’s strength continued to dwindle. His upper body felt like it was underwater while his lower felt like he was trying to drag it through mud. Even the bullets were starting to actually leave  flesh wounds. “Wait a second! Does just lifting one thing with my tail burns through my tank THAT quickly?!”

The logical move right now would’ve been to stop giving these turrets such an an easy target and  vacate his current position. That however would completely defeat the purpose of this training. He needed to back himself into a corner if he wanted real results. Before he simply lived to practice Martial Arts, but for now he practiced martial arts to live! As the minutes turned into hours Arashi kept up his routine in spite of the damage and fatigue that started to pile up.“Keep powering it on! I can take it !”  Sadly that was a poor choice of words. Unbeknownst to Arashi a quiet “beeping” sound was being produced by the rocket launchers on each wall. The first thing one might assume is it was for a countdown but it was slightly more complex than that. As Arashi continued to parry or tank the bullets they were carefully calculating the the best time to fire. After observing the decrease in his movement speed the two Rocket Launchers posted behind him took aim and let the explosive artillery fly! They edged closer to their target while Arashi could hear nothing besides the countless number of “bangs” and the sound of the twin projectiles before they collided with him. The resulting explosions engulfed him in a unforgiving mass of flames before the shock wave propelled him face first into the wall that stood in front of him! When his seemingly charred body bounced against the steal wall it appeared as though he was going to drop to the ground like a rag doll but somehow he landed on his feet only to stubble a bit before regaining his balance. He seemed a bit dazed but them again anyone would after taking one of those to the back of the head and another to the spine.   Arashi examined himself closely, checking to make sure he didn’t lose more than just his shorts. “Lost a bit more hair than i’d PANT like but could be worse.I still got my boxers! Now then . . . .  ” He gazed upon the automatic weapons as they completed their reloading process and locking onto him once again. “Perfect! Now we’re getting somewhere!”

Not long after the reloading procedure did bullet hell renew itself. With the only differences being the target was now backed against the wall and being engulfed in a transparent green light. “Can’t believe I gotta use this.GGGRRHHHHAAAAAA!!!!
Like gasoline being thrown into a fire, the intensity of Arashi’s aura exploded! His muscles bulged beneath his skin as the force of his roar bounced off the walls! However the training system couldn’t care less if at all about what was happening. The turrets just resumed firing at the young boy! Bullets flew towards Arashi at speeds surpassing the untrained eye but that didn’t mean much in the face of a enhanced one. With no visible effort, Arashi lifted his arms, raised his tail, and slipped passed each bullet with indifference in his eyes. All the machines managed to hit was an after image and a steel wall.

In seconds Arashi was back to his original position at the center of the room. His tail began to wag excitedly as his cocky smirk returned to his face. “Alright, new rule! Lets see how long I can keep up full power.” Right on cue, the gun fire began to chance Arashi relentlessly as he darted around the room faster than ever! Even his Tail seemed to be no longer bothering him and most importantly it seemed Arashi had found an even better way to give his body the push it needed! The constant attention needed to ensure his face and tail didn’t get shot off! The level of Ki control needed to keep his body in this “max power” state while carrying those weights! On top of the vicious hail storm of bullets combined with the possibility of a rocket coming after a blind spot! All these external factors pushing him closer and closer to the edge! Arashi could feel it as the adrenaline raced through his body while repeatedly zipping out of harm's way! This odd burning sensation, it was as if some greater force desperately desired to break free from the confines of his body but something was holding it back! Arashi needed something more but he wasn’t sure of what that “Something” was. As the training went on and the turrets and rocket launchers pursued him for another 2 hours, the burning through his body began to disappear. Along with Arashi’s time in the training room. As soon as he knew for sure it was over, Arashi collapsed onto his sweaty and bruised back. He tried to catch his breath but he was so sore doing that hurt. “Ha . . . HA . .  .HA! Wow! I think . . . . this was pretty good HA . . .  for a first day. Almost there . . . .  .I can feel it.”

Back to top Go down

The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet Empty Re: The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet

Post by SSJRandomMaster Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 am

The bullet catching/stopping seems reasonable for a character of around the level our characters are meant to be at this arc, but I have my doubts with the level of precision displayed here, nat 20 or not. However, since that was the end result of a nat 20 as noted in the post, I'll give it a pass. Not much to say on the period where Arashi begins to wane due to the weight on his tail, it does what it's meant to and shows he's pushing himself to more and more limits, same with the section devoted to the stamina check. Manipulation section shows that Arashi, despite his hardships, is able to preserver and ultimately succeed at what he set out to do, to get stronger. Overall, the training part of the post is mostly solid, just a few hiccups at the start.

The opening of the post, to me, as DM, it's unclear at first whether he's talking about Shinjo, the Saibabrute, or the "Man in White" as discussed in other places. All fit, but there's no clear mental image, though context would lead me to assume it was Shinjo since he was the one that went for the tail. He thinks about all three in equal amounts in the first paragraphs, which is fair enough, but it can be questioned. It does sort of bring into question how much was cut out and if anything important may have been taken with it, but I'm not going to grade based on what might be on the cutting room floor.

In the end, what we have is a solid post, but there are some things that do drag it down. I'm not talking grammar or formatting; as long as what you post is readable I don't mind. There are just a bit too much talking and there are a few questions, but I cannot in good faith award less for my lack of information; for all we know, the RISING Unit is able to use whatever they need to get stronger. I'm probably one of the most lenient GMs there is, but unfortunately, I can award no more than 3 points, but I was wavering between 3 and 4 for a while as I thought about things. You had a vision of what you wanted Arashi to do and did what you could to acheive it. In the end, 3 points.

This gives Arashi a sum total of 15 Training Points. (8 base gains, plus 2 for Passionate Soul, plus another 2 from getting 5 above your target DC; plus 3 from bonus) I should probably do the "Tail Training" feat now...
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet Empty Re: The Road To Strength Begins With a Single Bullet

Post by Natsu Fury Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:11 am

I greatly appreciate the constructive criticism. I'll make sure to keep that in mind moving forward!
Natsu Fury
Natsu Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down