The Souzou Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership? - Page 4 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

Post by SSJRandomMaster Mon May 21, 2018 6:06 am

The Elite Sentry decided to target Lusk, as he had actually damaged him. He swiftly moved forward and attempted to kick at Lusk, but suddenly, Lusk ducked underneath the blow. The subsequent attack was also dodged by Lusk, who this time got clear of the Elite Sentry. Its glowing orange eyes locked on to Lusk, displeased at Lusk’s continued existence.

Elite Sentry attacks Lusk, but misses!!
--------------
Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (15)
Lusk (10)
Elite Sentry (6)

Stat Block (Lv. / HP / KP / ... / AP)
-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 76 HP / 27 KP / 1 AP)
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 91 HP / 97 KP / 69 MP / 3 AP)
Elite Sentry (Lv. 3 / 139 HP / 180 KP / 4 AP)

Round two start!
Fluut’s turn!

--------------
Fluut regains 12 HP at the start of his turn due to Passive Regeneration! (HP 76 -> 88)

Fluut rose up from his position, slowly moving to the same position he had earlier taken against the Big Sentry, hands cupped in front of his chest as if he were holding a ball. Slowly, energy began to gather in his hands, and began to fill the darker corners of the room with purple light. Fluut quickly looked around the room, and determined he could take the risk. If he could hit his target, certainly nothing bad could happen, right?

As the light reached a crescendo, Fluut quickly raised one of his hands, holding the ball.

“One more shot…” Fluut muttered, sighting his target, “Purple… Grenade!!”

Giving the ball a strong toss, Fluut let out a shout. Lusk noticed the attack coming and moved slightly more out of the way. The Elite Sentry turned, just enough to see the attack coming, but not enough time to properly defend itself. The energy ball impacted its right chest. After it slid back a few feet, the ball exploded, kicking up dust and breaking nearby boxes in its wake. The smoke soon cleared up when the Elite Sentry swiped its arms—no, arm, it turned out. Though the rest of its body was mostly unharmed, Fluut’s attack had done some real damage to the thing. The arm had been blown clean off, and part of its chest with it, exposed wires sparking as he did so. Fluut momentarily collapsed to one knee, having used up most of his remaining Ki with that attack.

Fluut uses Purple Grenade (KP 27 -> 6) on Elite Sentry, hitting and inflicting 72 damage! (HP 139 -> 67)

“It’s not prudent to do so…” Fluut said, “But the sooner we send this thing to the scrap heap…the sooner we can finish our business here…”

Fluut’s knuckles cracked, and his decision was made. Without a second’s hesitation, Fluut concentrated what he had left, hoping to end it with one last charged punch. Fluut’s ki sparked on his punching fist at first, and for a few moments it seemed the warrior’s reserves were dry. Suddenly, one last spark of energy filled him, and Fluut stood, purple energy waning and waxing on his fist as he struggled to control what remained. Eyes set, Fluut launched forward, ready to punch Elite Sentry’s head clean off…

Only to have the Elite Sentry prove that missing an arm was no issue. It ducked low, Fluut’s remaining energy wasted, going off in fire. Fluut was sluggish, and the Elite Sentry took full advantage, kicking Fluut dead in the chest and knocking him back quite a ways as he hacked up a small amount of blood as well. For a few moments, Fluut’s body failed him, but slowly, Fluut rose, panting.

“This thing’s tough… if there’s more here, we’re in danger, but I think it’d have joined in by now if there were…” Fluut grumbled between sighs and gasps for air.

Fluut concentrates his energy (AP 1 -> 0) for a Charged Punch (KP 6 -> 0; DC 12). He succeeds his Manipulation check, but misses the attack! Elite Sentry counters for a kick, dealing 16 damage to Fluut! (HP 88 -> 72; Elite Sentry AP 4 -> 3)
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership? - Page 4 Empty Re: Arc I Side Story 5: A Mutual Partnership?

Post by TheToonKing Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 am

Lusk's turn!

Lusk regains 6 HP from Passive Regeneration! (91 -> 96)

After Fluut has released his second Purple Grenade, Lusk took the chance to gawk in his friends strength. Even against this fresh sentry, the new technique of delivered incredible damage. Lusk couldn't come close to such a feat, he was sure.

But he'd follow Fluut, and do his best.

Equipping his horn, Lusk made for the Elite Sentry, just as the heavily-damaged droid knocked the weary fighter down. Lusk watched as his friend went limp for a few moments, and a tinge of heat filled him.

Before his heavy footfall brought him to the silver opponent however, Fluut had arisen, and spoken his words.

Grasping the horn over his shoulder with a second hand, Lusk prepared...

"With our mission all but over....we've got not need to reserve our stamina!" he declared, before swinging at Elite Sentry with all his might. Ki danced across the weapon as it soared for Elite Sentry, who seemed to glitch in the moment. The huge hole in his side caused some issue, freezing the android enough for the horn to slam into the opposite side, demolishing the remaining arm.

Lusk attacks Elite Sentry with a charged weapon attack (KP -12 97 -> 85), who critically fails their dodge! Lusk inflicts a total of 54 damage!(HP 67 -> 13)

Elite Sentry's turn!
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Tue May 22, 2018 4:39 am

Elite Sentry eyed the two Nameks, something resembling fear entering its conscious mind as he studied his opponents. In a manner of seconds, they had disabled or destroyed both of its arms… Which left one option. It was time to go all in. With this in mind, it lowered its stance, and rushed straight for Lusk, aiming to knock him down…only to be easily dodged. Seeing this coming, however, the Elite Sentry quickly planted its feet and kicked around… only to once again miss, Lusk dodging by a narrower margin.

Elite Sentry uses Bulldozing Charge (KP 180 -> 161) on Lusk, but misses! He kicks at Lusk to the same effect! (AP 3 -> 2)

However, the Elite Sentry was not done, and used its other leg to continue its assault, kicking Lusk square in the torso, eliciting much of the same reaction as it got from Fluut earlier, minus the knocked over bit.

Elite Sentry kicks Lusk (AP 2 -> 1), inflicting 23 damage! (HP 96 -> 73)

Seeing that it had landed a severe hit on Lusk, the Elite Sentry finally refocused on Fluut, and proceeded to bum-rush him. Fluut, having exhausted all his usable Ki, was in no shape to dodge, but he could still block. Once more, he was bowled over, but at least he’d nullified most of the damage…

Elite Sentry then uses Bulldozing Charge (KP 161 -> 142; AP 1 -> 0) on Fluut, inflicting 9 damage (HP 72 -> 63) and knocking him Prone!
---------------
Initiative Order
------------------
Fluut (15)
Lusk (10)
Elite Sentry (6)

Stat Block (Lv. / HP / KP / ... / AP)
-----------
Fluut (Lv. 3 / 63 HP / 0 KP / 0 AP) [Prone]
Lusk (Lv. 3 / 73 HP / 97 KP / 69 MP / 2 AP)
Elite Sentry (Lv. 3 / 13 HP / 142 KP / 0 AP)

Round three start!
Fluut’s turn!

---------------
At the start of his turn, Fluut regenerates 9 HP due to Passive Regeneration! (HP 63 -> 72)

Fluut, as his most recent wounds healed over, eyed the Elite Sentry. It was clearly severely damaged, and perhaps even a simple sneeze would send the machine the rest of the way to the scrap heap. Alas, with Fluut having exhausted himself just now, and needing to be on his feet, Fluut began making his way to his feet, once again shaking from the lack of stamina and Ki in his system.

Fluut rises from being Prone!
Lusk’s turn!
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheToonKing Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 am

Lusk's turn!
Lusk heals 6 HP from Passive Regeneration! (73 -> 79)

As Fluut rose to his feet, Elite Sentry picked up on his exhaustion. The android believed it could atleast take the tired fighter out. Gunning for Fluut with a loud run, it seemed to miss something.

Fluut helped it, casually pointing upwards.

SMASH

The horn of Lusk came crashing down from above, denting it the robots head, and finishing it off.

Lusk attacks Elite Sentry with a weapon attack, inflicting 15 damage! (HP 13 -> 0)

Elite Sentry is defeated!!

The "lifeless" body collapsed, and and a few moments later Fluut and Lusk were stripping away its remains to find the core that had powered it within. They found it, a larger core then a Big Sentry's and a silver color, with grooves along its edge.

Lusk and Fluut retrieve the Elite Sentry's core from its wreckage!

"Careful with it..." Fluut warned, heading for the back of the room. He revealed the USB stick he'd been given, and stuck it in the computer....or atleast he tried, the first attempt clanging ineffectively against the opening. The next few attempts were similar.

When he finally got the stick in, he went about dragging over various files, just about everything was carried over. The process took about sixteen minutes, and both were uninterrupted.

"It seems we really cleared it all out..." Lusk said.

"One less E.L.A. site out there..." Fluut replied, pulling the comically overstuffed bag on his back up, before pocketing the USB. He was tired, and ready to return home...

"Now...let's head back to base."
TheToonKing
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Their mission complete, the Namekians departed. There was simply literally nothing else to do there. With that, the two made their way to their transportation thing, and soon enough, were back on the RISING ground, with far more than they bargained for…
------------
“I don’t believe it… they got so much…”

“With this we can definitely increase our stores…maybe even slash prices a little…”

“Don’t get too carried away, though… you never know what the ELA has in store…”
------------
Rewards

Once again, since a player dropped mid-way through the other two got extra XP to spare. Stated earlier Otis got 800 XP. After everything, here are Fluut’s and Lusk’s totals;

Fluut (+2,800 XP)

Lusk (+2,950 XP)

This will have already been put in, so don’t worry! Now… we can finally move forward on the main questline, with something that has months’ worth of thought into it...supposedly.
SSJRandomMaster
SSJRandomMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4