Arc I Hub: Fort Earth

Go down

Arc I Hub: Fort Earth

Post by SSJRandomMaster on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 am

A full month has passed since the loss of the RISING Unit's original base, and the abduction of Dr. Amari Verbatim. The team has kept busy since then, but at last they have been able to find a new home, in a base  just south of the American Midwest, situated in a mountain range. Though bigger in surface area than the previous base, it was mostly above ground, spread across a few buildings for the superhumans and their support staff, surrounded and cloaked by mountains to make it harder to reach on land and by air without someone knowing. This was a much more secret facility, in that even RISING themselves hadn't known about it until more recently. Now... their activities begin anew, their resolve now clear: Find out information on where Verbatim was taken, and, though less importantly, where Xalia may have gotten off to...
---------------
Item Shop

C-Ration - 90
D-Ration - 100
Repair Nanopaste - 110
Water - 2
Sports Drink - 70
Electrolyte Pack - 130
First-Aid Kit - 150
Chaos Disk - 250
------------------
I still can't believe she actually did it... Fluut thought to himself, Though I shouldn't be surprised, either. Still, those parting words...? I can't help but wonder...?

Fluut stood up, having lain in his new room for some time. Unlike the previous, it lacked a waterfall. Fluut hadn't been mediating, or napping, just lying out on a bed, contemplating his options for the day. There simply wasn't much to do..

Last edited by SSJRandomMaster on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arc I Hub: Fort Earth

Post by TheToonKing on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 pm

One sound Fluut had been hearing throughout this time, was the song of melencholy playing through the walls. Only his and Lusks hearing would be able to make it out through the walls, and Lusk didn't seem to realize this with his song.

Knowing Lusk...his thoughts were likely of Xalia as well...Fluut was sure of that.

--- --- --- --- ---
In his room, Lusk was sitting with his long legs crossed, lightly blowing his horn in a mellow tune. He was indeed thinking back to Xalia... and on the times he had sensed her discontent...

--- --- ---
Lusk seemed to sense Arashi's discontent, "If we take him in he won't be able to harm anyone.

Arashi gave a nod, before realizing Lusk still wasn't facing him. Before speaking up, Xalia's voice cut him off.

"Oh Lusk ♡, such a softy...just like always..." she mused. Glancing over at the fallen enemy, a certain contempt flashed across her expression as she continued, "But I wouldn't mind one last chat with him anyway..."

Turning his head back at last at that tone of familiarity, Lusk questioned: "Why's that?

--- --- ---

But he had never pressed her on it...and now she was gone, and so was the hostage. It was likely no coincidence, everyone agreed.  Lusk still remembered when he realized he was just a younger boy like Arashi or Nero...

--- --- ---
Lusk didn't seem very interested in any of that, listening out for ???'s heartbeat. It was still steady, as he glanced over his body. The man was fit, seeming to have developed his muscles carefully...efficiently. If he hadn't been holding off three RISING level fighters, like himself, things would have turned out differently.

Lusk also realized, not entirely surprised given the nature of this war, that the man was in fact younger then he appeared. Perhaps just a teenager...

--- --- ---

What was the connection between these two...Lusk truly had no idea. He had realized he knew little to nothing about Xalia's life or interest...despite feeling that he'd truly grasped her character. If only he had tried to talk to her about her reaction to ???...

Most spoke of her as a traitor, but Lusk wished to understand her reasoning a bit more then that...but it seemed that would have to wait.

The horn lowered from his lips, smoke shooting off from its surface, before revealing the small piece of metal in Lusks hand. He took a moment to admire it, and some progress he had made in this month...

"I would have liked to show you it, Xalia..." he said to himself out loud, standing off his bed. "My Kaihenjutsu..."

--- --- --- --- ---
OOC: Kaihenjutsu = Alteration Technique
TheToonKing
ToonKing911
ToonKing911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJRandomMaster on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:58 am

At last, Fluut understood what should be done. In all that had happened that day, everyone had come up short. Everyone that had hung around. As a result, things were changing. Fluut himself was no better. Growing as big as he did didn’t yield the victory he’d hoped for; the man piloting that sentry was simply too good. He would need to call upon his memories, to dredge up the times he’d spent on his homeworld, and remember those times he spent on the fields, training…
-------------------

“Not yet… I’m not ready to quit for the day, just yet!”

The attitude Fluut possessed towards his chosen path, the path of the warrior, and the fire that he had pursued it with, baffled his fellow Nameks as long as he could remember. Though he could tell at first that the older Nameks were reluctant to train him, they soon warmed up to him, and began teaching him more and more. Even as a younger Namek, Fluut had not been one to call it quits until he could not physically lift his arms.

“Still…?” One of his trainers, Achat, eyed Fluut with a look that betrayed neither surprise nor concern, “Your eagerness, young Fluut, never ceases to amaze me… Very well, then.”

--------------------
The maneuvers he had learned through those days had left him—his enemies on Earth, his time on Earth, had left him soft, and he realized it now, faced with a skilled opponent. Said skilled opponent, he knew, would inevitably bring to the table far greater power than he could have ever imagined. To combat the threat he recognized Lacier as, he would need to train, to reclaim those instincts that had dulled, to recall those movements…

But such training required a partner, and Fluut could only think of one person for that job. That person was his fellow Namekian, Lusk. As he approached, he could hear the end of a song Fluut hadn’t heard before. Wondering what it was, Fluut increased his pace, catching Lusk only as Lusk finished what he was saying.

“I would haved like to show you it, Xalia… My Kaihenjutsu…”

Fluut shook his head just a little. Of course, Lusk hadn’t known what he did about Xalia. If all that, all this, was part of her plan...

Nameks were a peaceful people, leaving the mechanics of war utterly alien to Fluut. Weighing the outcomes, Fluut decided to keep his secret for now.

“Kaihenjutsu…?” Fluut asked, gaining Lusk’s attention.

"Ah..." Lusk said, "I'll explain it another time. What brings you here."

Fluut took in a short breath.

"There's no point in dancing around the matter. I thought back to what happened that day. Where we lost Verbatim and the base. Fighting against all those mindless drones... my more refined skills have atrophied. If I'd had the reflexes I'd honed from back then, then I may have been able to stop the other one from getting too far." Fluut summarized.

"So you need a sparring partner to help bring back that edge..." Lusk said, slowly standing up, his face composed. "I'm not so sure I'd be the best pick."

Fluut withheld a sigh. He had expected that much. While that was probably true for most reasons, the most important one still remained unchallenged. Besides, Fluut had to wonder if that statement was as true as it was when this all began.

"I'm sure with our participation in this effort that you've improved more than you realized. The development of this Kaihenjutsu of yours proves that. Besides, no one else on the team other than myself and you really know anything about anything concerning the martial arts taught on Namek."

"I see..." Lusk said, retrieving the hunk of metal that would shape into his horn at a moment's notice, "Well, I'll do my best."

As the two left, Lusk turned to Fluut. "Say, you've never faced me with my horn before..."

With the same smirk that had invited challenge before, Fluut turned to Lusk. "I'll look forward to it..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum